Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By arth_d
  • 1 Post By kay67kay
  • 2 Post By BleakOptimism

Thread: Smoker to Vaper adjustments

AVF Regular

Smoker to Vaper adjustments

Hope everyone's not sick of me already, but I have some more questions.

I was never what I call a 'dry smoker'. I wasn't one of those people you see standing outside public buildings rushing though a cigarette. I adjusted early on to the no smoking in public buildings thing and saved my smokes up for when I could sit down with a coffee at lunch time, or with a glass of wine in the evening. Most of my cigarettes are smoked at home, while I'm studying or indulging in my internet addiction. So pretty much all my cigarettes are smoked with a drink of some kind; tea, coffee or alcohol. Needless to say I drink a lot of coffee and tea so that I can smoke more.

Anyway, I'm finding the vape flavours are not really compatible with coffee, beer or wine (no I'm not an alcoholic, but I am a moderate daily drinker). I'm awaiting some more juice flavours, but in the mean time I've got Greenhouse One's tobacco flavour which is gross, so I have to mix it with my Wizards Brew from Vapebar (which is yum). Only problem is, it's quite sweet.

How have you guys solved this problem? What are the best non-sweet flavours that go well with a beer, or a glass of wine?

CCC
    VK's tobaccos are good, nothing like dekang/greenhouse one tobacco, the more savory ones would be VK red and VK4 these go with wine. I find cakes/bakery juice like cinnamon bun are good with coffee and tea.

AVF Regular
    Yeah the sweet ones are ok with coffee, but my most special loveliest thing was always that first coffee and cigarette in the morning...strong coffee, no sugar, cigarette. Tea is what I usually drink with chocolate or cake, so that's fine with the sweet vape juices.

I've got some Alchemy on order from Vapebar, not sure how sweet it is but if it's got a strong tobacco flavour as well that should work.

Alchemy is a little sweet, but it has a very nice smokiness you should like. I found VK Black & Gold to be a good plain strong type tobacco flavour too. Or maybe give JW Del's Ultimate Pipe a go?

AVF Regular
    Vk supreme is a good one. Or even vk rustic tobacco mixed 50_50 with vk supreme. Both go good with drinks
    JenJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    can't help you there, sorry. for me, everything goes with coffee and coffee goes with everything. my coffee goes with me everywhere. you will never see me without my travel mug full of caffiene
    GirlyPantz likes this.

I don't drink coffee these days but for wine I find fresher flavours that can include sweet-ish ones work best. So far the juicewhore raspberry goes really well with wine in my personal opinion, and my lime splice goes nicely too. Then again those are quite often the sorts of things you see on the side of a bottle of wine that it claims to taste like, not that I've ever noticed, perhaps if you could drop the real thing in a glass of plonk it might be okay to vape with it.
    GirlyPantz and JenJ like this.