Bit of help needed.

Hi guys, hope you're all well. I've been going pretty well, but I seem to have come across a few problems recently.
    I have the EgoT batteries from vaping cobra. Electronic CIgarette eGo-T Battery 1100mAh
    Couple of these clearomizers Long Wick CE4 Clearomiser (these ones seem to be working pretty well, I've had them since the start and one of them has my musk mix and one has a menthol mix and they're both doing fine.
    Tried some cartomizers, but I didn't like them very much, I was always paranoid about burning them down too much so I think I'll leave the cartomizers alone for a while.
    Am vaping on one of these clearomizers at the moment. Long Wick Stardust CE4 Clearomiser Coloured
    That's the one that's the problem, both of them I've tried taste a bit grotty, slightly burnt boots comes to mind. Is it the clearomizer itself that's a bit sucky, or are these not compatible with my batteries? Im using a 24mg unflavored nic mixed 50/50 with a chocolate mint doubler. at first i thought the flavor might be too strong but i dont think that would account for the burning taste. Maybe I'm drawing too much on them and burning them out, but I just tried taking occasional drags but it's still happening with the new one after I started again. I'll tough it out for today but when I get home I'll be running for my musk to get some nicer flavor.
    VK Comet XL Clearomizer I have heard good things about these, but are they compatible with my battery or will they seem to hate me too?
    Hope you guys are having a good day
    Last edited by Porpoise; 31-08-14 at 05:59 PM.

CCC
    You have to make sure the wicks are totally wet in the CE4s, sometimes when the juice level gets low you need to tilt and twirl it around a bit to make sure the wicks are both wet. High VG juice may not wick as fast as high pg juice, i find 80/20 pg/vg perfect in the CE4s. If they are old (2weeks or more) they would require cleaning or replacing, they do start to taste funky after about 2 weeks. You can always give a primer puff (suck without pressing button) before you take a drag to make sure the wicks are wet inside.

Comets will fit on your batteries, you will need a syringe to fill it and they only hold a small amount of liquid but the vape you get from them is pretty good.

AVF Regular
    i'm using both the ce4 (stardust) and the comets.

my ce4s were having that horrible burnt taste for a while and it seems to have been because the coils were too low resistance. the replacement coils i bought were 1.8 ohm. the ones that came with the ce4s were 2.4 ohm. since i replaced the 1.8ohm coils with 2.4 ohm ones, they seem to be working fine again.

the comets are great little clearos. i've had no problems with any of those at all. i've even pulled them apart to clean them and put them back together again and they still work just fine. i only did that because i was bored, not because there was anything wrong with them. they don't hold a lot of liquid, but the ce4s don't either. i find i fill my comets about as often as i fill my ce4s. i don't let the ce4s get too low on juice, cos then i have to tilt them all the time to make sure the coils are nice and wet.

the ce4 is easier to fill, specially if you have the needle top bottles. the comets need a syringe to fill, but after the first couple of times, it's really easy and no real hassle. i don't even turn the light on when i fill them anymore. the syringe and little needle you need come with the pack, as well as a lil drip tip thing.

the vapour from each is comparable when the ce4 has plenty of juice to the wicks. the taste is slightly different from each. it seems each will bring out a different component of the flavour. the ce4 has a warmer vapour than the comet cos the coil is at the top, closer to your mouth, so it doesn't have a chance to cool down like the vapour from the comet, which has it's coil down the bottom, closer to the battery. the vapour from the comet is warmer than a larger bottom coil clearo like a t3, tho. the draw on the ce4 is a bit tighter than the comet.

the comets fit on ego batteries just fine, tho they're not particularly pretty. you can see the ego threading and it looks a bit "unfinished" somehow. there are cones or covers you can get to hide the ego thread and make it look neater, tho.

i reckon gove the comets a go. they're really cheap (you get a discount from vk if you buy 5. they actually come in packs of 5, but from what i understand, vks software makes selling them as a set of 5 very hard, so you just order 5 singles to get your pack of 5) and the work really well. i love them and have used 10 different ones now (love having a load of flavours going at once) and haven't gotten a bad one. also, i'd get some 2.4ohm coils for the startdusts. i'd say that'll make all the difference in the world to the burning taste.

one very important thing with the comets is to turn them upside down when you fill them, or you'll end up with juice everywhere like i did the first time i filled one. another thing is that sometimes you need a couple of puffs to get the comet going again after filling it. don't know why. maybe because you've had it upside down and it needs to wick the juice again.

sheesh ... verbal diahorrea anyone :/
    Last edited by kay67kay; 06-04-13 at 02:41 PM.

some juices just get burnt damn quick too, chocolates are particularly bad for it, along with coffee ones.
    I usually dry burn every tank now, when near empty, discard the dregs, rinse with water and fire them until dry and no longer smoking.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    i've got vk chocolate fudge brownie in my comet on an ego batt and it's smooth and yummy. probably woulda been even yummier if i hadn't been too impatient to try it to let it steep for a while

I usually only get the burnt taste with the ce4's 1. when they need a clean and a dry burn, or 2. when they are new and I haven't cleaned wiped off enough of the oily stuff they come with new, but I do generally buy the re-buildables which seem to have more of the oily stuff on them (primer I believe?)

With option 2 once I've had it going for a while the taste goes away. Try some different things out and see what you like. If they say 510 threading it will fit your ego battery