Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Stardust clearo maintenance confusion!

AVF Regular

Stardust clearo maintenance confusion!

Hi, seems like my noob vaper problems never end.

I got 5 stardust clearomisers in my starter kit from VapeBar, and I've got myself in a right state. Mixing flavours all over the show and I can't remember what's what in what clearo. When I try a new flavour and hate it I suck it out with the needle thingy and put something else in it. But sometimes I can't get the nasty flavour out of it.

So I googled and found I could rinse them out, but that still doesn't get rid of some flavours. I pull the little silicon thingy out with tweezers and run it under the hot tap for a while...is this ok? Then do the dry burn thing, which scares me a bit because I keep thinking the thing is going to catch on fire, or just burn the wick out or something?

Now one of the clearo's, the one with my favourite flavour in it, seems to get really hot (not sure if I'm just noticing this or it's a new thing), and the vape also tastes like plastic, and seems harder to draw on?

How long are these things supposed to last? Am I doing something wrong?....well apart from the spazo manic flavour mixing every 5 minutes trying to get something I can happily vape that is.

here's a good video on cleaning stardusts. Because I vape gunkariffic juices I do this at least once a day. My stardusts can be dissasembled further, then it is easier because you can just take the rubber nipple off and back on by hand.

Might be worth getting a dripping atty to taste new flavours. That way you don't have to tank them before you know that you even like them

AVF Regular
    u can pull apart the clearos and if u dont like top juice dont worry about the syringe just tip it down sink un screw all the parts give everything a rinse off while your rinsing the wicks off just run them between your fingers to try and ppush any residue out do not pull to hard while doing this as u may dislodge coil. once thats done try everything off with a paper towel than get a lighter and run a flame over your wicks breifly this will help to dry and remove residue reassemble and do a dry burn (firing your coil with no liquid just keep goin till egop auto cuts off do this 3 or 4 times). another way would be to vape some unflavoured liquid through the stardust between flavours this will clear out old flavour as well
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    i take the coils out, stick em in a container with hot water and dish washing liquid, put the lid on and shake like mad. then i tip out the soapy water and repeat the process with clear hot water until i feel certain they're well rinsed. let them sit on a tea towel or paper towel til they seem fairly dry, stick em in clearo, do a dry burn and off i go again. (not an original idea. got it from someone else, just can't remember who)
    Last edited by kay67kay; 08-04-13 at 08:06 PM. Reason: fingers outpacing brain ... again

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapes of Groth View Post
    here's a good video on cleaning stardusts. Because I vape gunkariffic juices I do this at least once a day. My stardusts can be dissasembled further, then it is easier because you can just take the rubber nipple off and back on by hand.
    Yep, that's one of the vids I watched, but I don't mess around with cups of water, just do it over the sink and run it under the tap.

So how do you dissassemble them further...I know it's probably too hard to explain but is there a link or something?

AVF Regular
    Thanks Kay and Izmali, I'm keen to know how to take them apart. I tried unscrewing the metal base but it didn't seem designed to do that.

Anyone know why that one clearo is getting hot and tasting like plastic? I'm having visions of inhaling massive doses of PBA's from the plastic and ending up turning into an hermaphrodite or something.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Might be worth getting a dripping atty to taste new flavours. That way you don't have to tank them before you know that you even like them
    What's a dripping atty?

AVF Regular
    i noticed one starter kit i looked had had stardust v2. i don't know if they come apart or not? i have v3s which have replaceable coils that just screw out.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    i noticed one starter kit i looked had had stardust v2. i don't know if they come apart or not? i have v3s which have replaceable coils that just screw out.
    Yeah, mine are V2s. Maybe I'll order some V3s then, sounds like they might last longer.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast