Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 100% vg

100% vg

Couldn't work out which thread to put this in, so I'll just put this here.

Trying to get some friends set up in vaping, they are very interested and I'm going to get them set up with an ego T and some stardusts to begin with and some odds and ends, but the fellow I'm getting this for wants his partner to be able to give it a go, but she seems to be allergic to PG, so he wants to try her on some 100% VG. Been trying to do some research as to whether or not the 100% VG will wick in a stardust ok, but I can't find any solid replies. If it won't I'll buy them something VG appropriate.

So will a stardust wick 100% VG ok, and if not, what will that will go nicely on an ego battery?

Mt Druitt @ home, Everywhere Else for work
    Seemed to wick fine for me when I had a stardust mate. Though hardcore chain camping might not be so nice, may have to tip every now and then to keep it wicking. Otherwise try diluting with a small amount of distilled water or alcohol to thin it out a little.
    'No silicon heaven'? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Can do it, I used to do this all the time, just need to be gentle, start with small vapes/low voltages/watts until the heat makes the VG run easier, and keep tipping.

Excellent, this will make things easier, glad to know. Debating trying them on the ego C's but I don't want to overly complicate things when they are just starting out, the less they have to learn the more chance it might actually actually draw them in and get them off the analogues hopefully.

i mix my Vg with up to 20% distilled water and it wicks fine in a clearo
    some people use vodka

AVF Regular
    Only takes a little vodka to thin out a mix, I still like mine kinda thick though.

Super Moderator
    I always thin my VG by adding 10ml Vodka to 100ml VG, even if I'm then going to mix it with PG. Sometimes I use 100%VG, but never tried it in a StarDust ...
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I had some 100% VG in stardusts, works totally fine if there are some wicking issues, a few drops, literally drops, of distilled water or vodka will loosen it up.
    We all switched to Kanger T3 bottom coil clearos and comet clearos because we prefer the vape from those in my house. Stardusts became a headache to clean.

I have a severe allergy to high PG liquids, tongue blisters, joint pain, hives, icky face/neck/chest/back rashes, so I only vape 70%VG or higher blends. Getting a "100%" vg blend is almost impossible because most popular flavourings that a majority of vendors use are suspended in a PG solution, that's just how they come from the flavour manufacturers. Unless flavours are extracted in house in VG (Velvet Cloud Vapor does this, as do a few others but they are US/EU vendors) no vendor will have a genuinely PG free liquid.

I would like to say though, I get 99% of my juice from Australian vendors, with "no added PG." I mention all of this because I am extremely sensitive to PG and seem to cope very well with no adverse symptoms or reactions from vaping a doubler that came to me as 60/40 VG/PG (I mix with 100% VG nicotine, so I guess it bumps the ratio to 80-ish%VG I am bad at math) don't be too terrified of a little PG in your stuff.
    It's all about what an individuals body can tolerate and find comfortable.
    Some vendors are super nice and will mix up a custom blend for you if you ask super duper nicely.

I would suggest going to the doctor and getting some allergy tests done.
    A sore throat and coughing are also side effects from quitting smoking. Inhaling vapour in general after years of burnt plant material is likely to irritate and assist in expelling a large amount of shit stuck in peoples lungs. Think about being sick with a wicked cold or lung infection and sticking your face in one of those steamers full of eucalyptus oil and water, or taking a hot shower, dislodges some of the gunk, doesn't it?

Wall of text crits you for double damage! Sorry about that :/ I've a bad habit of jabbering. Long and short of it is your friend should get to a doctor before totally discounting PG juices. It really makes buying juice so much easier if you have a clean cut understanding of what the haps is with your body.
    I'll go back to my hole now.
    Last edited by Rynxa; 09-04-13 at 06:29 PM. Reason: clarity and I am dumb
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

I think the lady in question has already been to a doctor about PG, but she is yet to try vaping and is a little wary of it in general, so I want the experience to be as pleasant as possible, but I will be passing all this excellent helpful information on
    Rynxa likes this.

AVF Regular
    A dash of extra flavouring to Vg wont go astray either...
    Rynxa likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast