Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Advice on what Nicotine to buy!

Red face Advice on what Nicotine to buy!

Hi - I am a newbie to this and am in the process of purchasing my bits and peices. I have orderd the hardware compenents and some 60PG/40VP favoured juices. I need to order some nicotine and have been looking at RTS Vapes and Nic Vape. I am so confused as to what Mg strength to buy. As I will be mixing it with my premixed flavours (not concentrates) can anyone recommend what I should get?

Any help would be appreciated - and really sorry if this is covered elsewhere

Super Moderator
    Hi Katmark ... if you are a "regular smoker " say 25 or so normal strength cigarettes a day , usually about 18 mg as your final mix will keep you happy and off the smokes ... go up to 24 if you are a heavier smoker ( say 30+) a day , and down as low as 12 if you are a light smoker , or have been on lighter dhurries ?
    Normally in most situations , I have found 18-24 to be the "sweet spot " for starting , but everyone is different .
    If you buy 36mg nic , then its easy to divide down to acheive those ranges when mixing with flavoured non-nic juices .
    If they are doublers , you just add 50:50 nic and no-nic and you will hit 18mg
    if you go 2/3 rds nic to 1/3rd no-nic you will get 24 mg reverse those ratios and you will get 12 mg

Its really a bit of experimentation til you find whats right for you
    Good luck , and welcome to the forums
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

CCC
    If you buy 48mg unflavoured nic, you can mix that 50/50 with your juices (i assume you got doublers) this will give you and end result of 24mg juice. If that is too strong for you, you will also need to get some plain PG and/or plain VG to mix the unflavoured nic down to say 36mg then mix that with your doublers to achieve 18mg juice, and if that is to strong, mix it down again.

AVF Regular
    welcome to the forum Katmark.

Depending as to what ratio of pg/vg you are hoping for at the end i would look at health cabin for nic as they seller the flavourless nic in varing ratios where as RTS or nicvape are either straight pg or straight vg.

Where abouts in aus are you there maybe a local member who would be willing to help you out face2face if u needed some help with anything.
    Last edited by izmali; 11-04-13 at 10:21 AM.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

I normally get 36mg 100% VG based Nic fluid from Health cabin. Its $12 and buy 3 at a time with whatever other shiny things catch my eye. Its $20 DHL and I get it in a week.

I then just mix it 50/50 with a 10mL eJuice doubler I buy locally to get 20mL of 18mg vapable juice at 50/50 PG VG.
    fifthflo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Sod it, time to buy some chickens, pack the cat and move to an island.
    http://southanstreetorganics.wordpress.com/

AVF Regular
    it sounds to me like you've order "ready to vape" flavours, which means they aren't concentrated in any way. that means that if you mix it 50/50 with say, 36mg unflavoured nicotine liquid to get 18mg juice, you will end up with something that has half the flavour it was intended to have. i suggest you order some "doublers", which are flavours concentrated to double what you would normally use. then, when you mix it 50/50 with your 36mg unflavoured nicotine liquid, you will end up with 18mg juice that will taste the way it's meant to.
    Last edited by kay67kay; 11-04-13 at 05:23 PM.
    margyb likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by katmark26 View Post
    Hi - I am a newbie to this and am in the process of purchasing my bits and peices. I have orderd the hardware compenents and some 60PG/40VP favoured juices. I need to order some nicotine and have been looking at RTS Vapes and Nic Vape. I am so confused as to what Mg strength to buy. As I will be mixing it with my premixed flavours (not concentrates) can anyone recommend what I should get?

Any help would be appreciated - and really sorry if this is covered elsewhere
    We really need to know more specifics, like exactly what premixed juices did you buy?
    Are they 0mg/ml or do they already contain nic?
    Are they single flavored or doublers?
    Where did you get them?
    margyb likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by Veppo View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but they are the most over-inflated prices I've seen!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veppo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davee View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but they are the most over-inflated prices I've seen!

Great shipping prices too! Just look at this:
    "Shipments to the rest of the World: $49.95 for International Express Mail (5-7 days), includes tracking."
    No other options available, what if I only want 1 x 30ml bottle of juice?
    CCC likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast