Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Vk Doubler lifespan.... needle bottles etc

AVF Regular

Vk Doubler lifespan.... needle bottles etc

So I've only done five mixes using HC nic and vk fuss free Doublers, wondering what the shelf life of these are once mixed. Am I best to just mix them up7-10 days in advance in the future?

Also, how do needle bottles work? I just used a syringe but I found the nic very hard to draw up - maybe I used the wrong size? It was a 10ml syringe from VK unsure of the needle specs. I will be buying vks bulk juice and need to know the most foolproof ways of getting nic and Doublers into bottles. Wondering if these needle bottles will help if so are they all pretty much the same ie are hcs needle bottles good quality?

Thanks in advance

CCC
    2 years lifespan if stored in a cool dark place. Pipettes are better than needles for transfering juice.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks, ill have to look into these pipettes.

I just thought locally made Doublers might be more 'organic' and not last as long as preflavoured Chinese nic.

CCC
    Disposable Pipette

Id say our doublers would last longer than the pre made stuff because they are made fresh. And PG is a preservative. As for as being more organic, no the ingredients are the same.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hmmm another bug in the VK website, it won't allow me to select a pipette size

AVF Regular
    Can't select options/colours etc generally means Out of Stock. One of the reasons VK is moving to a new web site on the 7th.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    CCCs link didn't work but it did when I entered the main site

I don't see how these pipettes would make it easier? They come in 3ml so to make 30ml of juice I'd have to refill 10 times! I'd lose count!

Surely they have 15ml needles somewhere? And I'm yet to learn how to use a needle bottle!!!

AVF Regular
    Nic can last 10 years in the freezer. I believe the component that has the least life expectancy is the flavouring, and it varies wildly depending on the type.

That being said I have only had 2 Juices go off in my 2 and half years years of vaping, and they had both been siting in my fridge for 18 months, and were from china, so not sure how old they were when they were sent to me.I have thrown out a few PA concentrates out that were 2 years old as they turned from a liquid and into a lumpy jelly like consistency. Generally i have thrown out any juice i have that is over 2 years old, mainly because the juice that went off tasted so bad, it made me clear out all the old stuff in the fridge.

In general its best not to mix up juice with flavour and nic until close to when you want to use it, as it cuts down the risk of one component that goes off wrecking the whole juice.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 12-04-13 at 10:17 AM.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post

Also, how do needle bottles work? I just used a syringe but I found the nic very hard to draw up - maybe I used the wrong size? It was a 10ml syringe from VK unsure of the needle specs. I will be buying vks bulk juice and need to know the most foolproof ways of getting nic and Doublers into bottles. Wondering if these needle bottles will help if so are they all pretty much the same ie are hcs needle bottles good quality?

Thanks in advance
    You really dont need to be drawing any liquid.

For filling and mixing i generally use those big 25ml syringes (with no needle attached). I take the plunger out and pour in liquid while my finger is covering the hole at the other end. Once ive poured in the right amount, i pour it into the bottle (sometimes putting the plunger back in) and then add the next part (flavour, nic, pg/vg etc). I generally mix in 60ml or 100ml bottles so a 25ml syringe suits me, but smaller syringes can be used for smaller bottles.
    fifthflo, davee and xen like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    CCCs link didn't work but it did when I entered the main site

I don't see how these pipettes would make it easier? They come in 3ml so to make 30ml of juice I'd have to refill 10 times! I'd lose count!

Surely they have 15ml needles somewhere? And I'm yet to learn how to use a needle bottle!!!
    They do come in bigger sizes (vk must be sold out), you can just eyeball the doubler half way up your empty bottle, then use the pipette for the nic the rest of the way up, you dont have to count.

try ebay for pipettes or syringes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast