Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Coffee and Vaping

Coffee and Vaping

I didn't know exactly where to put this, but I figured the New Vapors Forums would be as good as place as any. Like most noobs I find the most frustrating thing about vaping to be the inconsistency. One minute it's great the next minute it is not. When it's working well it is much more enjoyable than smoking, when it is not...well

Anyway one of the things I have noticed is that coffee dampens my taste buds. I don't whether it's the coffee, the sugar or the temperature of the water but I lose all flavour when I vape and drink coffee at the same time. This used to frustrate the hell out of me when I first started as I could not work it out. You know, I'd be at work hanging for the coffee break looking forward to a nice satisfying vape with my coffee and nothing. Just a kinda hard unpleasant throat hit, but with none of the flavour.

Since I have worked this out its been fine, I just vape first and then have coffee back at my desk. But until I worked out what was going on it used to drive me crazy. I was wondering whether or not anyone else has experienced this phenomena?

I post it here in case other noobs are having similar experiences without knowing what may be causing the loss of flavour.

I only drink unsweetened tea, not coffee, and that seems fine for me, but I do get the flavour disappear when I've had a meal that has a strong flavour, it over rides the taste of my vape, and ruins my after dinner moment of bliss sometimes. I've got to balance my palate out with something a bit more neutral, so maybe a drink of milk, or milky tea usually, helps restore my taste buds, or I change my juice flavour to something a little more strong that will over ride the dinner.

I'd never thought about it that much, just something I realised I've been semi-subconsciously doing, when I still smoked the cigarette would kill the flavour of what I'd just eaten, but now it is reversed.

Hmmm, that explains why I've recently switched to lukewarm coffees.

On the bright side It has been a hot day here in Sydney and, by happy accident, I left my eGo case and clearos out in the sun. All those sun warmed vapes are really good.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

Try a good coffee flavoured vape to go with your coffee. There are some really nice ones around.

AVF Regular
    i drink nothing but coffee, but i have it with a lot of milk, so it's never really hot. maybe you could do an experiment and see if an iced coffee has the same effect on your taste buds. it could be the heat, if you drink your coffee really hot.

T
    ry a good coffee flavoured vape to go with your coffee. There are some really nice ones around.
    Thanks, I might give that a go.

AVF Regular
    Do you scrape your tongue with a designated scraper for the tongue or a spoon with a sharpish edge?

I scrape my tongue clean every day, twice a day and it resets my taste buds perfectly.

Edit: milk/coffee will leave a film on your tongue blocking your taste buds.

I tried using the tongue cleaner on my toothbrush and nearly chundered, gag reflex not so good, but I always found milk for me negates strong flavours, although I use oat milk not moo milk, wonder if that changes the balance a bit?

I have noticed the coffee thing too... I've had to switch to soy milk and thought that was the culprit...

Quote Originally Posted by tally-ho View Post
    Hmmm, that explains why I've recently switched to lukewarm coffees.

On the bright side It has been a hot day here in Sydney and, by happy accident, I left my eGo case and clearos out in the sun. All those sun warmed vapes are really good.
    I've noticed I get a great vape when i leave my eGo next to the processor fan on my laptop too!

AVF Regular
    don't matter how muted vape flavours might get, nothing, but NOTHING, will get me to give up my coffee!
    Itsmerobyn likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast