Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Clearomizer vs Atomizer?

Clearomizer vs Atomizer?

Hi everyone, where have you all been all my smoking life.

Well I'm new to vaping and thank god I found it. Actually I'm a atheist so, "get fucked god, you had nothing to do with it!"

I'm a asthmatic, smoked for 25 years and now a month off the buggers and see no reason to go back. I'll get to the question.

So I first bought a swag of stuff and quickly learn some lessons. First purchase was a 90mm (Long) Joyetech 510 Manual Mega Battery and some cartridges which was bloody stupid because when it all arrived I realised I needed atomizers. So then I ordered some atomizers and some joyetech nano clearomizers just to be sure I got some thing to vape, had no idea really. So that all arrived and I was away and impressed, hooked.

It was good but I thought can it be better. I googled, vaped, googled some more and decided to get two 'eGo CC Clearomiser' and a eGO-T starter kit. Well vape me over and pour me the **** out tinkerbell! This shiz was about 4 times better than the Atomizer + Cartridge setup and far more convenient. Ok so the eGo tank system sucked but the eGo battery and the eGo CC Clearomiser rocked.

So down to the question.

I see heaps of people on the net and even stores selling Atomizers yet from my brief experience the Clearomisers with the coil and wick setup are far nicer to vape and easier to manage.
    So why do I see Atomizers and drip tips all over the place?
    Are Clearomisers so new that they have not taken off yet?

Thanks guys and happy vaping.
    Stoney, Noe, wood duck and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    what makes a good vape is very subjective. different people like different things, is all

CCC
    Clearomizers are not that new, i have been using them for over a year now, some people just like dripping because they say the flavour is much better so there will always be atomizers and drip tips around.

AVF Regular
    Atomizers and drip tips are mainly used for direct dripping to test flavours as it gives a better cleaner taste after that if the like the flavours they then either move it to a clearomizer, vivi nova tank or a duel coil carto tank. Or a genesis system as they hold more volume.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    hi

everyones different in terms of what they like and why heres a poll and people comments as to what they prefer split into some of the main categories of gear available

What is your favorite type of delivery device?

what is true is that few people stay on the small 510 batteries with the standard resistance atomisers and crappy cartridges for long, so once you have moved away from them you are on the right path

many people move to low resistance gear , be it clearo's, cartomisers or atomisers, becuase they provide more vapour also, although some will say sacrifice some flavour on some juices. Low resistance in simple terms produces more heat , which when combined with a system the provides steady juice flow produces more vapour.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 16-04-13 at 10:24 AM.

Retired Account
    I was pretty anti-dripping (inconvenience of topping up all the time) until recently when we got some A7s.
    My oh my, they are rocking my world.
    The flavour is off the scale.
    It's easy to test and tweak flavours.
    Another benefit is that 2 or 3 drops at a time. I'm not chain vaping as much as before.
    I put 2 or 3 drops in, vape until it's starting to produce less vapour, then put it down, as the dripping thing needs conscious thought.
    It's a good way to monitor consumption for me.
    Fatman and davee like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by izmali View Post
    Atomizers and drip tips are mainly used for direct dripping to test flavours as it gives a better cleaner taste after that if the like the flavours they then either move it to a clearomizer, vivi nova tank or a duel coil carto tank. Or a genesis system as they hold more volume.
    Well, there are dripping atomisers and then there are the atomisers that come with the standard joytech ecigs. These are very different and often cause confusion.
    BleakOptimism likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Retired Account
    DPC - If you're entirely happy with your set up, I'd say stick with it.. under that really sage advice "if it's not broken, don't fix it".
    I think a lot of people have a niggle that there is something better out there.. I think the niggle goes with that craving for
    something you can't really put your finger on.

When I first discovered vaping, I found the expensive pre filled cartridges were amazing. "Look at this, it's just like smoking - you inhale and vaper comes out! AND it tastes pretty damn good too!"
    Then we started getting frugal, so we bought some clearos and bottles of premixed liquid with nicotine, and we patted ourselves on the back for decreasing our costs.
    I guess we're the type of people who will always be on the hunt for something better, more flavour-rich, more vaper, more throat hit, more tank capacity.
    That's a bit strange, considering we both smoked the same brand of cigarettes and same flavour for 20+ years!

When we got our first ego style batteries, we practically wet ourselves with excitement and joy! So much more flavour, so much more vaper, so much more oom pah pah!
    Then we entered the strange and wonderful world of mods. Oh my goodness! These things were practically orgasmically pleasurable.
    We could tweak the ohms and volts and watts or whatever the tricky electrical things are.. I don't understand it much, but I do love to play with these things.
    MrGruffy got into dripping and squonking - I was sceptical. I liked my clearos which would last all day without needing a top up.

I can honestly say, each of these things came about through curiousity. Reading someone rave about a thing here, and then the compulsive need to try it for ourselves.
    Filling comets with a needle is completely in the past now, yet I can still remember the wonder of those things after the cartridges which intermittently filled your mouth with warm flavoured nicotine liquid.
    I'm getting hooked on dripping, but my complete lack of depth perception means I'm more a dribbler who occasionally strikes gold and gets it in the hole where the coil is.. for me, it's worth persisting. I'm sure I'll figure out a way to get more accurate.. I learned how to reverse park, so this can't be harder than that!
    CCC likes this.

CCC
    MrsGruffy if you love dripping you should check out the Apex Alpha Ultra, its a mechanical mod that uses a RES so you can fill it with about 30 drops of juice, i used to have one and it was great, the reason i sold it was because my 2 year old daughter found it all too interesting. The flavour and vapour i got off it was the best i'd ever tried.
    mrsgruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    i've only been around for about 6 weeks now, but one thing i have seen over and over is that for every person who loves and swears by a particular delivery systey, there'd be someone else who it didn't work for. it's all about finding what works for you. what works for me is probably totally different to what will work for you. and even if the same thing does work for both of us, it may be for completely different reasons. it's like 2 people liking a piece of the same cake. ask one person why, and they'll say cos the icing is so creamy. ask the other person, and they'll say cos the cake itself is so moist and rich.
    Last edited by kay67kay; 16-04-13 at 11:31 PM. Reason: typonese
    Noe and mrsgruffy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast