Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mrsgruffy

Thread: have I wrecked my eGo-T?

have I wrecked my eGo-T?

so the eGo-t arrived today. I plugged it in to charge and read the instructions that came with it. After the charging light went green, I pulled the tank out, filled it up and... Nothing.

Thought maybe I hadn't filled it enough, the tank did seem to be empty already so I put more juice in. Had to deal with a knock at the door, came back to it and discovered juice everywhere.

The instructions that came with it had details for filling the tanks and as there were no caps on the tanks already inserted into the atomiser, I assumed the caps on the spares were so you could carry spare tanks with you. It was only when I took my leaky vape apart and discovered that juice was literally everywhere... including the battery that I found fuller instructions online saying the caps had to be in place.

So, have I irredeemably bust my vape or is there something I can do to clean the juice out of it?

Or, given it was not put together with the caps in place when sent out should I ask for a replacement?

Any advice gratefully accepted!

the 'tanks' on the atty are standard procedure to stop dust getting in the atty, they have always provided a blank one.

is the battery turned on ? five quick presses on the button ..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Hi Stoney,

I'm worried about turning the battery on because it's full of e-juice. Will turning it on damage it?

ETA:

OK, clicked it 5 x and the blue light flashed and then 5x again to (hopefully) turn it off and the light flashed.
    Last edited by medusa; 16-04-13 at 02:11 AM.

what do you mean full of juice ?
    the ego is sealed apart from around the button, juice in the threads just need a wipe out with a tissue.
    i cant see how one leaky tank would get much into the battery, give it a wipe down and use the thing.
    it wont explode .. worst case it will die, big deal, you need spares anyway
    buy 2 more batts and use this one.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

CCC
    Sounds like you didnt insert the tank all the way until you heard it click into place.

AVF Regular
    Very easy to. CLean a combo of tissues and Cotten bud work well give it a through wipe down and u should be good to go
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Retired Account
    Izmali means 'vaping towel' and 'battery terminal buds'.

Medusa, can you take a photo and put it up so we can have a look?
    BleakOptimism and Porpoise like this.

I've dumped juice all over the battery connection lots of times, plus some juice delivery systems get a little dribbly, I usually have to clean the connector several times a day anyway, and always before I charge one just incase, dumped so much juice on myself and my battery, and the floor, and my clothes... worst time the juice was very warm and I thought I was burning so I dropped the whole lot and made the mess worse, the battery was fine after a good rub down with a tissu... err 'vaping towel'

Super Moderator
    What i'm assuming (and this is going off the non genuine ego-c atty's i've received), is that the original tank in the atty, has not had the bottom cap.

This bottom cap needs to be on the tank, and it needs to be pierced when you put it on the ego-t (they are the same as the ego-c essentially, don't get held up on this).

As the other have said, having juice leak is perfectly fine, won't do any damage to you or the battery as it's a sealed unit.

Give it a rub down with some tissues/buds and then grab one of the tanks with the cap on it, fill that sucker up, then push the cap back onto the tank.

Before you proceed, you will want to get the primer liquid out, so where you put the tank in, you want to blow all the juice out of that, into a tissue.

Once done, then push the tank INTO the attomizer, till it's flush.

Give it a couple of primer puffs (suck on the atomizer without firing it), till you get the flavour of the juice come through (you should JUST be able to taste it).

Then fire that sucker up!