Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: So I vaped in public for the first time on the weekend

yeah I was abit.like that originally but now I vape everywhere lol. you'll get used to it after awhile

I was in a pub recently, on the verandah which was non smoking. The bar man came over and told me that I couldn't smoke there, I told him I was smoking an electronic cig, nothing was burning and there was no smoke only vapour, he said Oh, that's fine then.....it's the only time ive used one in a non smoking area, only cause there wasn't many people around.

What do people generally do? Ask if its ok first, or just vape and wait and see if anyone says anything? Just interested to know..

AVF Regular
    Vape and see wat theysay i play pub poker quite a bit and not once have i been questioned at any establishment and i vape at the tables
    Itsmerobyn likes this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Heh yeah a mate was vaping a 510 cigalike at a coffee shop the other day, was trying to be very discreet even covering it with his hand as he vaped it and a guy behind him with a new paper kept looking back at him each time he exhaled in disgust. But he had a slightly confused look as his brain clearly expected to smell smoke shortly after seeing the vaper blown. Funny, people will learn soon as vaping becomes more popular.
    Last edited by sambuka; 16-04-13 at 10:42 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sambuka View Post
    Heh yeah a mate was vaping a 510 cigalike at a coffee shop the other day, was trying to be very discreet even covering it with his hand as he vaped it and a guy behind him with a new paper kept looking back at him each time he exhaled in disgust. But he had a slightly confused look as his brain clearly expected to smell smoke shortly after seeing the vaper blown. Funny, people will learn soon as vaping becomes more popular.
    yeah i love that, it's almost like they get the shits because can't indulge there own over inflated sense of disgust.
    Itsmerobyn likes this.

I've only vaped in places that are okay with it, mostly friends houses or outside, I ask if it is generally a non-smoking area, so far most of my friends are fine with it, one person said they'd prefer it outside so I did, apart from one little stealth vape in the loo when it was raining outside. Not worried about looks, but I am aware some people may be wondering wtf I'm doing. Don't want to annoy anyone and make vaping get a bad name.

AVF Regular
    if you only had one minute to explain vaping to a stranger in a public situation.... what would you say?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    if you only had one minute to explain vaping to a stranger in a public situation.... what would you say?
    Show them the clear tank with liquid in it & say "It's liquid turned into steam with flavor in it."

I always vape in public, I have no scruples about it, I have a clear tank though on my PV, when I go out, because it is easier to show people it is liquid in a clear or coloured clear tank than it is in a metal or non-clear tank. Once people see it's a liquid, the instantly think of water turning into steam, rather than solid turning into smoke.

I even vape in shops, pubs, sporting venues, anywhere I am I vape, unless I am asked by the owners or the owner's representatives, not to.
    Itsmerobyn likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Being new to vaping, I have to admit I had been keeping a low profile too. However I did have a public vape the other day. I'm into field archery and the club grounds and course is smoke free. Had a vape at lunch and was accosted by smokers who were obviously jealous of the fact that I didn't have to leave the grounds as they did. After a chat I think I converted 3 of them to give it a try.

Having given the whole idea some thought, I have decided that it would be best to just vape away wherever I am... Leaving a non-smoking area to vape only promotes the idea that there is a link between smoking and vaping and there is some justifiable reason for continuing to be the social outcast that smokers have become.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartonian View Post
    Being new to vaping, I have to admit I had been keeping a low profile too. However I did have a public vape the other day. I'm into field archery and the club grounds and course is smoke free. Had a vape at lunch and was accosted by smokers who were obviously jealous of the fact that I didn't have to leave the grounds as they did. After a chat I think I converted 3 of them to give it a try.

Having given the whole idea some thought, I have decided that it would be best to just vape away wherever I am... Leaving a non-smoking area to vape only promotes the idea that there is a link between smoking and vaping and there is some justifiable reason for continuing to be the social outcast that smokers have become.
    Love that, standing out in open grounds, in a field no less, and still can't smoke a cigarette, because if you did, people would just start dropping dead with cancer at a whiff of that 2nd hand smoke.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast