Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: So I vaped in public for the first time on the weekend

I'm a member of my local outdoor tennis club. They don't allow smoking on the premises either. Reason: too many butts littering the grounds. 9/10 smokers don't bother with the butt bins anymore. (I'm guilty of that - Shhhhhh)

always vaped in public from day one, I didn't care what people were thinking, crack pipe, bong you know the usual, but I use to hide the provari when I saw a cop. But not anymore since all the different articles in the papers saying it is not illegal I thought oh well if they book me for vaping I'll just give Ash a call.
    Vape ON

ps never be ashamed of what you enjoy
    BleakOptimism likes this.
    Don't try to be a great man; just be a man

AVF Regular
    I'd like to get a bumper sticker made up.

I VAPE and I GLOAT

Not as lame as all those 'I fish and I Vote' et all, I reckon LOL
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

I vape freely most of the time except at work (long story) but still show consideration to others when out and about. At restaurants I stealth vape, same if within a large crowd, I dnt want to bother others, regardless safe or not , just as much as I hate some smokers being inconsiderate to others around them.
    Also I find that sometimes asking for permission within an establishment can work against u, if u have to ask they automatically assume there must b something wrong with it. just vape and if they approach u then discuss it.
    just vape where u r comfortable doin so, dnt blow plumes in strangers faces, b considerate to others around you and enjoy u aren't doin anything wrong

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    Love that, standing out in open grounds, in a field no less, and still can't smoke a cigarette, because if you did, people would just start dropping dead with cancer at a whiff of that 2nd hand smoke.
    It's interesting that people think nothing of standing around a barbecue breathing in smoke or sitting around a smoking camp fire all night. But if somebody lights a cigarette? They freak.

It's all carcinogenic, people. I believe wood smoke is the number one cause of lung cancer in non-smokers.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.
    The clean break: Last smoke on 2/12/2012, first vape on 3/12/2012.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeHead View Post
    It's interesting that people think nothing of standing around a barbecue breathing in smoke or sitting around a smoking camp fire all night. But if somebody lights a cigarette? They freak.

It's all carcinogenic, people. I believe wood smoke is the number one cause of lung cancer in non-smokers.
    Yeah, especially the idiots who think it's okay to burn treated pine.

AVF Regular
    Five minutes ago I'd have agreed with all.

But I just went up the street and caught a whiff of a freshly-lit analogue.
    OMG it was lovely. Just that little whiff that lasts for a split second, and has you thinking, hmm that's familiar.

*hides*

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    Five minutes ago I'd have agreed with all.

But I just went up the street and caught a whiff of a freshly-lit analogue.
    OMG it was lovely. Just that little whiff that lasts for a split second, and has you thinking, hmm that's familiar.

*hides*
    I would agree, the smell of a ciggy burning is ok, its the smokers breath after it that is rank!
    BleakOptimism likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah, fleeting as that sweet, sweet moment is.
    Such is the love-hate affair I've had with ciggies for forty years. A bit like a marriage LOL

A person can learn to love and enjoy all manner of horrible things, but that doesn't make them any less horrible.

burning ciggies are horrible, and when they appear to be anything else, that's just your brain playing tricks on you IMO.

On the other hand its a bit subjective, but I do believe ciggies are objectively awful.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast