Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New to vaping and soooooo very very confused!

AVF Regular

New to vaping and soooooo very very confused!

Hi all

Am new to this vaping stuff, and as I want to get off the nasty analogue things, I went a purchased the following from Quality e Cigarette, Australia

2 x Manual eGo-C 900 mAh Batteries (white LED, with "eGo-C" logo and 5-click protection)
    3 x Vision eGo Clearomizers (standard or low resistance)
    1 x Joyetech eGo USB fast charger
    1 x Joyetech 10 ml eLiquid

I would like to purchase some ready mixed eliquids - flavored possibly?? - as I am not sure that I am up for mixing my own yet. The more I read about it all the more confused I get.

Where would be the best place to get premixed nic mixes in a variety of flavors ? I was thinking of 12 - 16mg strength? And do I need anything else to go with what I have bought already???

HELP!!!!!!

lol

cheers all

Liz

AVF Regular
    in terms of eliquid it depends how much youre willing to spend, whether youre going quality or quantity. fasttech.com sells some very cheap nicotine flavors for like 8 bux for 100ml and its free shipping worldwide. then theres premium stuff like grantsvanillacustard and other stuff

AVF Regular
    Well not too worried about the price particularly, I spend a bloody fortune on smokes anyway. Can I assume that it works out cheaper to mix your own? If I do go down that route, what would I need in terms of hardware (other than what I already have)? I got very confused between cartomizers and atomizers and then somebody started on about doublers which is where I lost the plot somewhat :/

AVF Regular
    A Guide to making your own e-juice t4090

theres a good guide on mixing your own. keep in mind its very subjective. it takes alot of playing around to see what your preferred mix is.

doublers - just add pg and vg and nicotine at 50% ratio and youre good to go

mixing your own is more to do with concentrates. you add a certain percentage most of the type a site will give you the recommended percentage. and then you mix the above. it can get quite overwhelming. ive been mixing for months and still dont really have a good mix

mixing your own from concentrates is pretty easy but since you need to order OS anyway, I recommend buying a good sample of premade juices to start with and a reasonable amount of unflavoured nic (double strength) to play with local concentrates or doublers when you are ready ..
    something like 6 x 10ml bottles of juice you think you may like, suggest a couple tobacco, a couple 'dessert' and a couple of fruity ones.
    grab 120ml of 36ml unflavoured as well .. that should make you up 300ml of juice or about 3 months worth.

then when you know what you like, you can order some pg/vg and concentrates or just doublers from local vendors.

also suggest getting 18mg or so to start with unless you where a very light smoker. you can always dilute it if too strong. its another order if too weak.
    pretty good kit you have going to start with, good work there, you will want more hardware soon but they are available locally within a few days of ordering.

I think heaven-gifts is the go to place for juice currently, HC seems to be having mailing issues a lot recently.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LizBiz25 View Post
    Well not too worried about the price particularly, I spend a bloody fortune on smokes anyway. Can I assume that it works out cheaper to mix your own? If I do go down that route, what would I need in terms of hardware (other than what I already have)? I got very confused between cartomizers and atomizers and then somebody started on about doublers which is where I lost the plot somewhat :/
    Dont need to worry yourself with mixing if you dont want to go down that path.

Try these places.

HealthCabin (chinese)
    Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

MtbakerVapor (US)
    Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories

Nicotine liquids come in different strengths. This is not the same as what tar value you smoke fyi. Its hard to know what strength will suit you before you try so its best to order a certain flavour in mutiple strengths then you can compare. 12/18/24 is a good range. Order small bottles and try and buy a large range of flavours.
    keyboardmama likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LizBiz25 View Post
    I got very confused between cartomizers and atomizers and then somebody started on about doublers which is where I lost the plot somewhat :/

Here's a pretty simple explanation on cartomizers, atomizer, clearomizers:

What is an Electronic Cigarette?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Great suggestions all - thanks I will go look at all those links and have a read. So in terms of hardware I am good to go as soon as ejuice/nic arrives?

AVF Regular
    this is a diy starter kit eJuice DIY Starter Kit - Vapebar even if you never buy this particular one, it gives you a bit of an idea as to what you might need.

AVF Regular
    Ok brilliant thanks all for your very helpful suggestions, I have just ordered a selection of ejuices from Mt Baker, so we shall see how we go

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast