Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 1 Post By Nakor

Thread: Help! Starting out...

Question Help! Starting out...

Hello

I've read the first 7 pages of threads looking for advice here but am still as lost as I was to start with!

So, my missus recently bought me (used my credit card to buy me!) an E-Flames starter kit:
    Products - Today's Deal: Give Smoking the Flick! Only $29 for an Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit Delivered Free to your Door. Includes FOUR Tobacco Flavoured Cartomizers, USB Charger, Battery and Carry Case. They Look, Feel and Taste like the Real T

For $30 it was a pretty good investment to see what this is all about!

Downsides are the cartridges only seem to last about half a day (not quite the 150 puffs it advertises!) and the battery is good for about 2 "smokes". Thus the starter pack has lasted me about 4 days!

Anyway, I'd like to try and kick the habit for good and was wondering where to start.

I've read various recommendations (like: don't buy a 510 or somebody called NOE will tell me off??) from multiple different threads but was hoping for a "go buy this starter kit and these juices".

I currently smoke 15-20 Winfield Gold rollies/day and would rather that tobacco taste than something strange, at least initially.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

AVF Regular
    Depends on what you're after in some ways. If you want to stick with smaller batterys there's options, although not popular with many people.

If you're willing to go with something bigger grab a kit off Vaping Cobra, great value for money and one of the cheapest ways to try. Grab some juice while you there as well.

Then you just need some nic to mix with. Healthcabin is easy enough, there's some overpriced stuff in NZ that might be quick if you're in a hurry. Or wait for the many suggestions
    that will follow.

You could also ask if someone around here would mentor you, there was talk of starting a network a while ago. A good phone call\video call\ in person assistance would probably help
    more than anything else.

Retired Account
    Hi leon.. welcome to AVF!

Vaping Cobra have some very reasonably priced starter kits

In terms of liquids, I would get some 36mg/mL liquid from these people
    I'd order 2 x 115mL bottles of that. It will make you 230 mL of 18mg/mL flavoured liquid, once you buy some flavours. Even if you vape a LOT, 230mL should last you the best part of 3 weeks, and will let you try a fair few flavours.

You could also select some Dekang eliquids from Healthcabin which are premixed with nicotine and you just need to put them straight into your clearo or carto and go for it.

During those 3 weeks, you'll be able to learn a lot more about what you like and what works for you, and make some more, better informed orders.

Then hop over to Vapeking and order some of their tobacco fuss free mixers

What you'll receive from Vapeking is some half full bottles of flavour which you fill up with the nicotine liquid from healthcabin.

I don't vape tobacco flavours myself, but MrGruffy likes Vapeking Sweet tobacco, Royal blend, Supreme.
    margyb, CCC, RichoVonBlack and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    with that flames kit its not the worst deal ive seen for that price so you did alright

have a look at this thread mate it gives you everything you need to get started in vaping for a good month or more Newbie shopping list Edited.

In regards to the NOE gettiing up you lol the majority of us had a cigarette sized device to start with and upgraded to bigger batteries asap. so anyone asking for advice on starting out we normally advise the bigger stuff as they will last you a whole day atleaset. we dont advise high end stuff straight out so no need to worry

in regards to flavour as you probably would have read taste is very subjective and if your looking for that cigarette taste your not going to find it some of the tobacco flavours are nice and if u go to the right place you can get juices made from steeped tobacco leaves. but for now as the list says grab a selection of differant flavours dont be scared to grab something other than tobacco. steer away from coffee as there normally not overlly good but grab some fruit flavours as well just to try it you may like it.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    All coffee flavours bad. If you can though, get a variety to try in the smaller size bottles. Throw in something sweet, you might be surprised. I've also found a fairly plain vanilla flavour handy to
    have just for the times when nothing else is sitting well.

Can I suggest not buying big bottles of flavours and mixing them all up, you might burn through all you nic on things you don't end up liking. It's slightly more expensive in the short term but
    getting a wider range of smaller bottles can be a good idea. I have a whole lot of juice I tried once and hated and wasted a whole bottle of nic in the process.

Thanks for posting the links I was too lazy too MrsGruffy.
    margyb likes this.

Hi Leon,
    Welcome to AVF.
    I find it depends on how bad the vaping bug has hit you. If you think you're ready to start mixing juices then buying juices from from local vendors are a good bet. But if your still not sure, buying juices overseas where they can already supply you with nicotine in them may be better.
    Don't soley think to buy tobacco flavoured juices, as you'll find they don't exactly replace cigarettes and may disappoint if you expect too much. What turned me to vaping was the fruit flavoured juices with the occassional tobacco ones mixed in to help with the craving for smokes.
    Good luck

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Hi leon.. welcome to AVF!

Vaping Cobra have some very reasonably priced starter kits

In terms of liquids, I would get some 36mg/mL liquid from these people
    I'd order 2 x 115mL bottles of that. It will make you 230 mL of 18mg/mL flavoured liquid, once you buy some flavours. Even if you vape a LOT, 230mL should last you the best part of 3 weeks, and will let you try a fair few flavours.

You could also select some Dekang eliquids from Healthcabin which are premixed with nicotine and you just need to put them straight into your clearo or carto and go for it.

During those 3 weeks, you'll be able to learn a lot more about what you like and what works for you, and make some more, better informed orders.

Then hop over to Vapeking and order some of their tobacco fuss free mixers

What you'll receive from Vapeking is some half full bottles of flavour which you fill up with the nicotine liquid from healthcabin.

I don't vape tobacco flavours myself, but MrGruffy likes Vapeking Sweet tobacco, Royal blend, Supreme.
    wot she said, you can trust a lady on a unicorn, its good advice,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Retired Account
    Like others have said, tobacco flavours aren't like a smoke. Nothing is really like a smoke except a smoke.
    However, there are some people who find the tobacco flavours suit them best, just as there are others who steer away from them.
    I found a tobacco flavoured vape early on sort of made me crave a smoke.
    MrGruffy keeps a tobacco flavour which is mixed stronger than everything else he vapes, so he can have a vape on that mid meeting or when he's really limited for time and needs a nic fix. I find the tobacco flavours make me turn my lips up like I sucked a lemon. ugh. I really don't like any of them.