MT BCC clearo thingy question

I got a kanger mt bcc to try last week and decided to give it a crack this arvo.

Firstly, it took about 30 hits for me to get past the initial horrible "sucking on a burning plastic exhaust pipe" taste (even after I let it sit and wick for about 30 mins). Is this normal? Also, it seems that the burning taste comes back every 50 or so drags and it becomes really hot. After fiddling with it a few times when this happens I discovered that if I unscrew the base a whole lot of vape comes out as if it was "trapped". As soon as the vape clears and i reattach the base, the next hit is amazing.

Rinse and repeat.

Could this be because there isn't enough airflow? Do I need to attack the holes with a drill? Any advice would be great because when it works, it's great.

Cheers

RQ

AVF Regular
    not sure about the mt, rq. what ratio pg/vg are you using? it could be it's too thick to wick properly if it's a higer vg mix. i'm pretty sure the coils for the mt are the same as the t3 and you can take a wick out, which will allow it to suck up the juice better. there's a vid on it. let me just go find the link

AVF Regular
    The Kanger T3 Clearomizer - YouTube here ya go. try this.

Super Moderator
    The air holes on the MT BCC are situated in it's knurled bottom (the raised bumps in a diamond pattern is called 'knurling') so it is unlikely that that is the problem. I'd be more inclined to remove a wick (as suggested by kay) to improve wicking, but I didn't need to even with 100% VG.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Thank you both. I didn't even think of that when I posted the question, even though I had actually watched that video - twice - about an hour beforehand! *hides sheepishly in the corner*

AVF Regular
    lol rq. unless you know, how could you possible know??