Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: nicotine hangover

nicotine hangover

So I woke up with a nicotine hangover this morning (fuzzy tongue, mild headache and general ickkyness).

I've been undercooking the nic at work lately and finding myself gasping like a fish by the end of a shift, then coming home to chain vape until my heart starts racing. So I decided to use a higher than usual level of nic at work yesterday. But I still found myself chain vaping when I got home and then woke up feeling like I've swallowed an ashtray.

After nearly three months of vaping I still can't seem to get the nicotine levels right, though it is getting better.

Does anyone else find this and for the more experienced vapers how long did it take you to fine tune the nicotine levels?

I seem to chain vape no matter what level nic I use, I just end up with a headache, I've been vaping about the same amount of time as you, but I lowered my nic to about 9mg for most of the time, then I have some 18-20mg that I crack out when I'm not satisfying the nic cravings with the lower mg juice, or if I'm out etc. Seems to be working so far, no more nic headaches, I just have two or three tanks filled up at a time depending on what I need/want.

I find I only need to vape the higher mg juice for 10-30 mins before I'm satisfied then I go back to the lower dose and see to my need to keep sucking on a PV.

AVF Regular
    +1. yeah, maybe try having a higer nic juice to take the edge off when you get home, then a lower one for the rest of the evening. i've settled pretty well at 10mg, but do feel the need for something a bit higher sometimes. if i start feeling myself get a headache, i will put the pv on the other side of the room for a lil while, so it's harder to have it permanentlly stuck in my mouth.

AVF Regular
    it took me around 6 months, over 2 years in now and I cant remember the last time i got a nic headache. I used to vape 18mg and above at the start but only vape 8mg ish now so I find I can chain vape this for 8 hours straight and not get a nic headache etc, i guess lower nic % and the fact my body is used to it. Also once i got used to 8mg, i dont seem to be as desperate for a vape if I go 4 to 8 hours without a vape.

A nic overdose headache/sweats/speedy etc will only last 45mins to and hour max after you stop or slow down vaping, you get alot better at noticing the start of one and slowing down after a while.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 27-04-13 at 03:11 PM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Thanks for the input folks.

I obviously still need to tweak my nicotine levels.

AVF Regular
    it is an ongoing process to get where you're happy. i reckon it's well worth it though. sure beats the heck outa smoking
    Simon_A likes this.

I've got a 24mg NET (extracted) to kick start my morning. I then take a selection of 12mg & 6mg to work with me. Some tobacco, some fruits, some beverages.
    When I get home from work, I might have a quick go at the higher mg. I then settle down with 6mg or even zero nic for the evening.

If I need a nic fix, I'll go the higher mg. If I just want a vape for vape's sake, I'll go the lower nic.

Amanda
    margyb, gtadmin, Ernster86 and 1 others like this.

I chain vape 24 mg with no apparent consequences. I have to walk past my vape station if I get up for a midnight piss and never fail to suck down 1/2 a ml on the way back to bed

I think I could mainline it and not get a head rush.
    pgscott likes this.
    Life is too short for genesis atomisers and pbusardo reviews.

I just went back to my normal routine for work. I noticed today my hand and feet are tingling again, so it might have something to do with improved circulation.

AVF Regular
    may well be. i know i feel the cold less in my hands and feet when i'm not smoking. got poorish circulation from mother, and i'm sure smoking didn't help it at all

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast