Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CCC
  • 1 Post By Dalmas
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: noob - steeping question

Question noob - steeping question

I'm ready to go, i'm using vaping to help flick analogues and nicotine for good. At the moment i'm vaping and cutting down analogues and aiming for next weekend to be analogue free and nicotine free.

Now my question is being i'm not mixing juice with nic do i still need to steep my juices? I keep finding threads about steeping when mixing but not finding so much on steeping if your not adding in Nic into your mixture. I've mostly gone for the more safer fruity ones but plan to get more adventurous as i go and learn more. Also what would be your reccomended tried and true method of steeping and for how long for.

TIA guys!

CCC
    If your juices have been freshly made by an aussie vendor i would say 3 days steeping will be good for them to bind but really you can vape them right away there is no harm in doing so. Anything you get from overseas usually steeps during travel time so good to go as soon as you get them.
    beatlbeum1 likes this.

Brilliant, thank you for the clarification, had me scratching my head wondering do it do it or not hehe I've only touched one so far tomorrow i'll have had them for 4 days so diff flavor tomorrow i think!

Everyone does it differently I guess but it seems ambitious to give up all sources of nic in one foul swoop.

I ditched the durries in January and haven't looked back thanks to vaping. I'm slowly reducing nic content in my juices, but I am in no hurry. I've tried to ditch the durries a number of times (cold turkey) and this is the first time I have got this far and felt I wasn't missing something.

I wish you well in your journey.
    mrsgruffy likes this.

Retired Account
    My take? If you try it and it takes like crap, put the lid on and put it in a drawer for a week. If it's still crap, leave it in the drawer for 3 more weeks. If it's still rubbish, tip it out over the weeds in your garden. You can try to blend it with some really strong flavours which will disguise it if you're really desperate. Mix it with strong mints, cinnamon or licorice flavours.. you can put 5 mL of anything into 25 mL of those and you won't even notice... or you just might be pleasantly surprised.

It's really all about personal taste. I prefer young wines over aged wines.. that's just me.. you might be the same, or you might like your 10 year old cab sav. Most flavourings have a 2 year shelf life at best. However, I think as they age, they would just lose intensity rather than changing flavour altogether. Of course, YMMV

AVF Regular
    another alternative if it tastes like crap is try mixing it weaker. i'm finding most of the doublers are way too strong for me, and i'm enjoying them a whole lot more when they're dilute a lot more than half and half. it's all about playing around and working out what works for you
    ultravape likes this.