Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Do I need a VV?

AVF Regular

Do I need a VV?

Last couple of days I have noticed that my ego-T / Stardust combination is a little hot/harsh first thing in the morning and late at night.
    So I have been starting a dry pull before pushing the button at those times to reduce it.
    Then during the day, I sometimes have to inhale twice to get a good strong "hit". (stuck with 12mg nic instead of 18 for a while)
    Would a VV (twist) battery with the voltage on a low setting help with the mornings then I can crank it up during the day?

AVF Regular
    what res is your stardust
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Last two I ordered are these @ 2.4ohm.
    Long Wick CE4 Clearomiser

Previously ordered two of these extra with my starter kits.
    http://vapingcobra.com.au/long-wick-...batteries.html
    Crap, doesn't mention res on these, trying a newer (2.5ohm) now.
    Last edited by cYcLoNe675; 05-05-13 at 05:45 PM.

I started on a ego t 1000mah. It used to drive me crazy. On the ego t it has two modes: a constant mode, which I think is about 3.3 volts and a variable mode which starts at 4.1 volts fully charged and then drops off to 3.6 volts as the battery drains its power. The inconsistency in the vape drove me nuts as I did not understand why.

The biggest advantage to an ego twist variable voltage is that it stays on the same voltage that you set it at through out the life of the battery. It makes for a much more consistent vape.

Like you, I find the morning vape to be too harsh if I set at the same volts that I use during the day. So yes a ego twist is the perfect solution. Turn it down first thing in the morning, turn it up as the day progresses.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    it wont help in your case or less power but will during the day for more power. The lowest setting on a twist is 3.2volts which is the same as your standard ego, it then goes up to 4.8volts

given you have a standard resistant clearo its strange that its harsh, i would use a 2.4 ohm clearo at around 4.2 volts - either you are still getting used to vaping, or you may not be getting enough juice or something in your clearo? dunno?
    Last edited by Mickg33; 05-05-13 at 05:53 PM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    Thanks Scott, I was first going to grab a passthrough but that's just lazy and not as important right now.
    Besides, my 1100ma batteries do alright at a full day usually. 1100ma vv it is!

Mick, perhaps stick with SR or HR res clearo-s?

AVF Regular
    Hmmmm, both valid points. Maybe I will try a VV with HR coils so I can have a cool vape in the morning and then have the power to push the coil harder later in the day. If only Vaping Cobra had the MT3s. I might have to cheat on them. lol

You want VV. It should be the basic standard to all vaping gear. The only thing which is optional is VW.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pgscott View Post
    On the ego t it has two modes: a constant mode, which I think is about 3.3 volts and a variable mode which starts at 4.1 volts fully charged and then drops off to 3.6 volts as the battery drains its power.
    Wait what? My battery doesn't do this. Looking online they talk about 5 click protection while mine has 3 clicks to turn it on/off and holding the power button down for 5 seconds does nothing. Oh well, I would probably prefer constant voltage anyway.

Do you need VV?

Yes. All vapers need VV, some just don't know it yet.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast