• 2 Post By AlbinoNeutrino
  • 1 Post By Porpoise
  • 1 Post By Mickg33

Thread: so not quite newbie whats next?

so not quite newbie whats next?

so so for those that started on egos with a clearo or maybe a cart

whats the next step?

what are the advantages of mods?

a mech mod is just a flash battery holder with a good switch?

variable wats/ volt

whats the difference will i notice?

what are your suggestions for the next step?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by originalglenn View Post
    so so for those that started on egos with a clearo or maybe a cart

whats the next step?

what are the advantages of mods?

a mech mod is just a flash battery holder with a good switch?

variable wats/ volt

whats the difference will i notice?

what are your suggestions for the next step?
    if u prefer ego form maybe a vision spinner/ego twist type device. apvs offer greater voltage/wattage ranges and it basically gives u the ability to customize your vape a little more, use higher res atomizers. and tanks look better sitting attop a device of similier width than on an ego battery
    jen likes this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    FWIW, I've just gone from eGos and Stardusts (but still very much in use) to carto tanks, which has been a lot of faffing around to get the hang of, for me anyway. I do like them, although I still get anxious every time I have to refill in case of leaks (big pet peeve of mine), and the draw is entirely different.
    I also have a couple of Vivi Novas, which I quite like using as well. I'm fully expecting to take delivery today, of a couple of Evods and Kanger Pro tanks, while still in my 'workingoutwhat'snext' phase.
    I've also got one mod (totally different experience!), and like it enough to have ordered another one. They're huge, but still workable while out and about. Plus another one in a co-op, should that go ahead. That's what happens when I get really into something (and why wouldn't I? It's saved me a lot of dosh over time, not to mention my life), but that's cool.

So I've been at the same stage as you for a wee while now, but have started getting more products together to try out. What I've learned in this process, is that once you're at the stage you're at now, good old-fashioned research (trying out for yourself) is required. By all means, check out what others have said about things first, but if you're interested enough, try one.
    I resisted that phase for a longish time, because it's potentially addictive to a magpie like me, so if you're the type to be perfectly happy to stay with simple setups that work easily for you, then stick with 'em.
    Let us all know how you go
    Cath Mort likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

You can go down the ego/vivi/kangerpro/stardust/comet/liquinator/cartotastic/variablevamo/evic/rba/18350tubemod/telescopicmechmod/genesis never ending spending road and try it all, but if I was to start again I would just get one of these.

It's simple, clean, durable, you don't need a million components and it works better than anything for out and about. A Reo, 3 x 18650 batteries, and handful of 1.5ohm atomizers or cartomizers, some juice and you are good to go for years.
    Fatman and lheamfrg like this.
    Life is too short for genesis atomisers and pbusardo reviews.

It would be interesting to see a list of where some of the more experienced users jumped after their egos and clearomizers got boring. What did you guys try from there and what are you using now?
    jen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Porpoise View Post
    It would be interesting to see a list of where some of the more experienced users jumped after their egos and clearomizers got boring. What did you guys try from there and what are you using now?
    carto and genesis for me. i have tried many clearos, bottom coil, top coil, long wick short wick you name it. moved on to carto and genesis and never look back. also tried oddy clone (nautilus) but not sold on that one either. i think i just dislike silica

AVF Regular
    heres a thread i started on my progression on ecigs, and others have joined in with theirs. Its easy to get carried away with the latest and greatist things, i sure have as you will see. For many it is also just as much a hobby as chasing the perfect vape. A never ending list of things to try and new things each month, but remember many people just use the set up you currently have and all the chasing around for bigger mods, harder to set up rebuildable atomisers and sometimes the big bucks to buy them, only give perhaps a 20% to 30% better vape than what you have now. We often pay a premium as much for the looks of the new shinies as much as we do the extra functionality. That extra functionality, battery life, vapour, juice amount, and flavour always also comes with cons like size, cost and some genesis atomisers leak if you lay them down etc.

How has your gear changed
    Last edited by Mickg33; 06-05-13 at 02:47 PM.
    jen likes this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    The step after the eGos for me were variable voltage devices, the original Lavatube to be exact. The two main differences I found were the longer battery life (a 18650 could easily last all day), and the ability to dial in the voltage to get the most out of whatever I put on top. There is definitely a sweet spot for all atomisers/clearomisers/cartomisers, and even 0.1v up or down can make a substantial difference to vapour production and the flavour profile.

If I were at the same transitional stage today I'd go the Vamo. It's simple to use, fairly durable, cheap (the c, and can switch from 18650 mode to 18350 mode - which may be good to help you transition to "full sized" mods.

When it comes to what you put on top, just buy a bunch of stuff and see what works for you... a cheap DCT tank, Kanger T3, vivi nova, iClear, carto, etc... one each of these should cost less than about $30. Definitely a worthwhile investment in your future vaping satisfaction.

Now as far as mech mods are concerned, yes, in essence they really just are fancy looking battery holders *ducks*, albeit recently we've seen some pretty amazingly well put together ones. For those making the switch from eGos however, I'd stick with regulated variable voltage mods. With voltage being displayed on your screen, they really are just a point-and-shoot affair.

I got myself a vamo, mostly because I got sick of charging my batteries so often, the VV/VW was a bonus, and I honestly don't fiddle with it that much, but it is nice to be able to crank it up or down when I'm not satisfied with the vape I'm getting, though sometimes it's just dud gear.