Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Beginners symptoms

Beginners symptoms

I've been vaping well over a month now and cannot imagine ever going back analogues full time (though I haven't smoked my last one yet).

I've experienced a range of symptoms and reactions that i would really love to solve so can i continue on this new path, and would appreciate any tips and snippets of wisdom.

Burnt tongue: Argh! With red wine stains ARRGH! Ive read that VG is drying and i should sip water

Coughing: This has been intermittent, but is most irritating in the morning. I've been trying to moderate my technique and not directly inhaling, but more like puffing on a pipe and breathing more through my nose.

Swollen lips and feeling crap: I think this was a direct reaction to PG (as i tried a new liquid).

I've taken a couple days off vaping, going back to analogues (how ironic!) and just starting back today. How much of this experience is transitional? Should i be gradually weening myself onto liquids? How paramount is the quality of juices?

Oh, i should add I'm using stardusts with egoT batteries.
    Last edited by steam bunny; 06-05-13 at 07:54 PM. Reason: addition
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    The coughing is your body "adapting" to NOT getting a steady stream of chemicals, it'll pass, the burnt tongue is a new one on me, craked lips is fixed by water, it'll pass, remember, its not a race, take your time and let your body adapt
    GirlyPantz and supersports600 like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    yeah steam bunny, cracked and sore lips is definitely a symptom. Keep drinking the water, really helps. I am still working my way through all these myself. Been vaping for about 2 weeks now and it does seem to be getting better - albeit slowly. I am mixing more VG into my juice mixes and that has helped a bit with the soreness. Keep going buddy you will get there in the end. I am now down to one analogue in the morning and even that tastes disgusting so not sure why I still feel the need to do it.

The appeal of analogues is definitely wearing off, makes me nauseous - how come i never realised that before? A lifetime habit takes a while to change, no I'm not in a hurry, I never said to myself "i'm quitting" but rather wanted to compare the experiences, and I know even now which one i prefer.
    GirlyPantz, jen and LizBiz25 like this.

AVF Regular
    I know where you are coming from - I am not "quitting" am just trying new stuff! lol have to say got in my car this morning having not used it all weekend and boy did it STINK! I am going to have to have it valeted I think - cant believe I have been driving around in it smelly like that.
    GirlyPantz and steam bunny like this.

AVF Regular
    You won't fully start the detox until you give up the smokes, so the sooner you give up the sooner it will all pass and it does pass!

Most of the horrible shit isn't due to vaping but due to detoxing, well that's I put it down to anyways.

My body did not like giving up the smokes one bit! This actually helped me give up and switched to vaping very quickly as I didn't want to go though it all again.

For the dries, drink heaps of water, always have a drink on you and milk helps line your throat.

Good luck and remember it will pass
    GirlyPantz and RichoVonBlack like this.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

AVF Regular
    Oh and a small tin of vaseline with aloe vera lip balm has helped the sore lips a lot as well.

Finding the sweet spot of what suits you does take time but the payback for the initial effort is just immense. It will take a few years to completely reverse the damage the smoking has already done (dependent on your age and how long smoked) but the sooner you crack it the better. Biggest mistake I made was to "reward" myself with a rollie at breakfast, lunch and after dinner and only recently stopped that. Believe it or not those rewards have not been missed in the slightest.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    My mate sent me a message about the burnt tongue today. Have no idea what he is talking about but I said i'd make sure he was set up correctly if he comes to see me (he may have accidently upped the voltage or something like that i dunno).

As for the dryish mouth and coughing. As others have said up your water intake and the coughing will eventually stop. The dryness will still somewhat remain in my opinion but only if you chain vape without something to drink (dont take this word for word as everyone is different).

Another thing, what strength liquid are you using? I started on 36mg and that stuff could dry out an ocean haha. Nah but as soon as a decreased my nic strength (now at anywhere from 18-24mg) the coughing subsided and they dryness was alot less instense. Might be something to consider

Just keep chuggin along. Some people pick it up with no dramas, some dont but you WILL get there.
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    Current set up:
    EHPro Panzer and Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone.

AVF Regular
    I got ulcers on my tongue for a while and a very sore throat. I've cut my nic back to 10mg/ml and am now using higer vg juice and things have settled down very nicely. I find vg is much less harsh than pg.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast