Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Vaper(sort of) seeking advice

New Vaper(sort of) seeking advice

Hi there! I've used pv's before namely a Joye 510 setup with juice from the states(tastyvapor which i quite enjoyed) in the past I quite enjoyed it however at the time was turned off by fear mongering/general retardedness of family members when it came to me vaping, well now I Live on my own they don't need to see it I absolutely want to kick the Cigs, herein lies my dilemma;

where do I start?
    I know from my Initial dabbling way back when that 510's just don't cut it battery life just isnt in it for the long haul etc, Im thinking a Ego C 1000mah kit however am open to change, this is where i'd like a bit of help

also Juices; when I do get set up hopefully sooner rather than later I'd like to be up and going as soon as possible, I know it is illegal buy nic here in Australia, so where would be the best place to source nicotine juices preferrably premixed based on taste/quality/speed of delivery/cost?

Sorry to chuck all this into one demand but with so much going on since last time I gave vaping a go, I figure it would be best to get some guidance on the matter

thanks all for the consideration!

AVF Regular
    An Ego C or Ego Twist battery would be a great start.
    Happy to help out Squiggles. Where are you based?

Thanks for that Phoenix,
    Im inner north Brisbane, Right on the river wich coincidently is having construction work going on between 10pm-4am which is why im up quite late!
    Last edited by Squiggles; 07-05-13 at 02:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Hi Squiggles, you've come to the right place. There is a newbies shopping list somewhere on this site (but I can't find it) and I'm sure someone more knowledgable will post a link soon.

For juices you can either buy ready mixed juices from OS at the nicotine level that suits you or you can purchase the nicotine juice from OS and then purchase "doublers" from suppliers here in OZ eg 15ml of juice at double flavour in a 30ml bottle then you fill the bottle with 15ml of unflavoured nic juice at double the strength you vape at. So if you want 12mg of nic in your juice then buy a doubler and add 24mg unflavoured nic juice.

If you don't know what nicotine level suits you, purchase two bottles of the same flavoured juice (say apple) with one at 0nic and the other at 24mg nic. Mix them half and half to get 12mg of nic. If you get head spins, heart racing, nausea and feel sweaty then the nic is probably too high. If you chain vape and constantly crave a cigarette then the nicotine level is probably too low for you. Try then to go in thirds - 1 third at 0 nic and two thirds at 24mg = 16mg; while two thirds at 0nic and one third at 24mg = 8mg. You can keep moving the mix up and down until you find your sweet spot. Just remember your sweet spot can vary a lot over the course of a day. Some folks vape at a much higher nic level at the start of the day and end up at zero nic by the late evening, for example.
    Last edited by tally-ho; 07-05-13 at 02:44 AM.

CCC
    Your going to have to order premixed from overseas, new zealand might be the fastest otherwise its usa, china or england. I would grab your kit from vapingcobra, it will get to you quickly so order juice asap.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF.
    This thread has my newbie shopping list in it, some of the items may not be available any more, just let us know which ones & we can then advise you of alternatives:
    Should be about the 5th post Can someone help me out with newbie shopping list?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Electronic Cigarettes by Vaping Cobra | Contact Us

Not only are these guys great vendors, you are not too far away from them and you can actually go into their shop and get stuff without the cost of postage!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapes of Groth View Post
    Electronic Cigarettes by Vaping Cobra | Contact Us

Not only are these guys great vendors, you are not too far away from them and you can actually go into their shop and get stuff without the cost of postage!
    or next day delivery for the same price of petrol lol
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Quote Originally Posted by izmali View Post
    or next day delivery for the same price of petrol lol
    Unless you miss the post person then still cost of petrol lol

First of all thanks for all the helpful responses!

I'm ready to order but im tossing up going the Ego route or was thinking going the vv/vw route I understand that it's a large commitment to go down that road but I know that PV's work from last time I tried out and im kind of thinking that it will be less expensive down the track when im ready to move on from standardised batteries. If I do go for a VV/VW ill probably get something like an Eroll for work/occasions that a Mod would be less acceptable

thoughts anyone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast