Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Is the Provari the sensible next step??

AVF Regular

Is the Provari the sensible next step??

Hello,

I have been vaping for the last 6 months, but I am looking to move up to the next level. I have been using my trusty Joyetech Ego-C 1000mah starter kit and its great but I just feel I need to broaden my vaping experiences.

I have been looking at the Provari V2.5 mod which is VV, is this better than VW or is it more down to personnel preference?? Provari owners did you import it directly from Provape, if not whereabouts did you order it from? As for the kit I assume the Provari V2.5 (obviously) couple of 18650 batteries, extended end cap, plus a battery charger may try and source that over here so it has the correct plug.

Anything else I may need or suggestions for other mods?

Thanks in advance.

AVF Regular
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    Mechanical mod and rebuildable, or a hybrid mod IMO.
    Mushman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Get an innokin svd or sigelei zmax. Cheaper and has VAriable wattage.
    RichoVonBlack and Tokerz81 like this.

Provaris are nice but expensive... I've only just purchased my second one and in weeks to come my third but I also enjoy my Sigelei ZMAX V2. They hit really hard and are only $100. The ZMAX Is butt ugly and no where near as nice as a provari but a potential saving of $90 or so. Might be more though if you decided on a provari with green LED, extension cap etc etc etc
    BlunderbussGonzo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thank you for all the replies. I am looking at the ZMAX V2 at the mo reading reviews etc looks pretty good. Lol yeah I priced up the Provari with all the tricks including the green LED. I know the Provari will take the Kanger Protank, the ZMAX will take it no problem as well?? Sorry for any stupid questions I am still finding my feet in the vaping world.

AVF Regular
    If you go down the provari path, think about getting a Mini with a telescopic battery extension - that way you can use 18350, 18490 and 18650 batts. I think a provari is worth it, its a reliable quality unit, but some of the cheaper ones probably work just as well. The EPM in the modders section here is something worth considering as well $250 but you get the batts and charger with it. And its dual 18490's or 18650's, variable wattage, but no lcd screen.

When you have been vaping for a while the lcd screen isnt that important, and with variable wattage you set and forget. I guess when you just start out its nice to be able to read voltage, ohms, errors etc on the screen though.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 08-05-13 at 07:37 PM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Consider the zmax v3 telescopic flat top, and if you want a provari then the vapeace.com website will be carrying them when it launches next week.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    Provaris are nice but expensive... I've only just purchased my second one and in weeks to come my third but I also enjoy my Sigelei ZMAX V2. They hit really hard and are only $100. The ZMAX Is butt ugly and no where near as nice as a provari but a potential saving of $90 or so. Might be more though if you decided on a provari with green LED, extension cap etc etc etc
    I think it's a lil unfair to compare how "hard" they hit.... the zmax may hit "harder" more than likely coz of the pwm effect. running higher voltages but in peaks.... provari doesn't do this... Might be innacurate on it's voltage dialing in too (the zmax of course :P).

I've tried both and tbh i'd much prefer the provari just has a much nicer build quality to it...

Yeah the RMS function is what makes the zmax so good. If you turn it onto Means it vapes just as bad as an eVic lol.

Quality wise, Feel wise, Looks wise you can't go past a provari. Im vaping on a V2.5 right now and it just feels amazing. Top quality units.

One thing to factor in though is if you go the mini and get "The twins" extension do you like this design? Personally I don't and I think it looks butt ugly. Whilst others say they do like it. It would also be more expensive to go a Provari Mini with the Twins extension than it is to just buy a full size Provari I think. Maybe tek can do you a deal? I'd shoot him a PM.

One more other attachment is "The Hippo" Thats purely for looks.

I know vapingace has the Provari Mini in stock right now along with the twins if you're keen on a provari mini (The bronze one doesn't look bad at all )
    Last edited by neofelis; 08-05-13 at 07:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast