Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular

A set up for the boss

My boss is an occasional smoker, and the last time I was up in Sydney he showed some interest in my set up of a Zmax and AGA.

I wanted to butter him up a little help him kick the cigs, so I thought I'd send him a starter kit to get going.

What's a good set up? I was thinking something simple because I won't be there to hold his hand during set up or if he has any issues. Less than $50 would be ideal.

Is an eGo passthrough + evod the way to go?

AVF Regular
    ego passthrough and any of the replaceable coil clearos with a few spare coils would be a good set up. not gonna argue the merits of different clearos. take that on your own experience of what's worked for you.

AVF Regular
    That's sorta where I'm getting stuck. I haven't used clearos since the early stardusts which were a PITA. I mainly stick with carto tanks and RBAs, and neither are exactly fuss-free.

EDIT: duh, I am sucking on a protank right now... but I'm not shelling out one of those for him Are you able to say how different and evod would be?
    Last edited by luntingsir; 17-05-13 at 11:19 PM.

AVF Regular
    Vaping cobra have inexpensive ego starter kits. Worth looking at anyway.

AVF Regular
    Check out Ecigshop in venders,the ego startup kit with the 2 egos and a couple of the g6 clearos,I'm a very newby and loven this set up and would be round the 50 mark,pretty sure it comes with 2 clearos as well

AVF Regular
    personally, I like the vobccs, but the full sized ones look crap on an ego. maybe the vobcc minis ... they have replaceable coils and if they work as well as the full sized ones, would be great for a noob. pretty sure they are at vapeking and use the same coils as the full sized ones. not super cheap, tho. having said that, the stardust v3s have replaceable coils and seem to the the "go to" to get noobs started. I started on them, and am still vaping vapingcobra does have some good starter kits, which i'm pretty sure have the stardust v2s, which aren't replaceable coil.

AVF Regular
    i'd say an ego twist and some mini vivi novas, hassle free and no leaking issues you can potentially get with bottom coils the new Janty Neo classic looks li[ke a good starter kit as well EcigModShop Australia - Janty Neo Manual Airflow Set -Black

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    Vaping cobra have inexpensive ego starter kits. Worth looking at anyway.
    2 of these VC kits would make a good inexpensive starter kit: Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit - Cobra Kit D | eGo-T

Maybe add one of these: 1.6ml Mini VapeOnly Bottom Coil Clearomizer Kit or one of these: Kanger EVOD Bottom Coil Clearomizer - Vapeking to give the option of bottom/top coil clearos.

Would come in under $50 without postage.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Ego Twist and EVOD-BCC would be my suggestion. A tidy little setup that packs a good punch. They can even take some thicker e-liquids. My GF runs one on her ProVari, 2 Ohm coil, 4V and 50%PG/50%VG. Keeps up with the wicking and actually chucks out a suprisingly large volume of vapour. Naturally, they work just as well on an eGo Twist.

If you're willing to spend a little extra, I would go for 2 Twist batteries, say 2x 650mAh vs. 1x 1000mAh, just to keep the size down a little.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    I've heard good things about the EVOD BCC, I just wish they didn't have that ugly clear plastic drip tip. It makes them look cheap and tacky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast