Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Considering e-cigs

Considering e-cigs

I've been looking to try e-cigs, not as a complete replacement, but just to use in places where I can't smoke regular cigarettes, like in the house, for example. I was leaning towards the v2 because I like the black finish option and you can get a Turkish tobacco flavour which is closest to what I usually smoke and then I came to this forum. There seems to be some distinction between a "cigalike" which I assume is what the v2 is, and what most people on this forum are doing. I don't really understand what this distinction is and I was wondering if anyone could possibly help make this clearer to me?

Also if I did order v2's, has anyone ordered from v2cigsaustralia.com as opposed to directly from the states, is it legit?

AVF Regular
    A "cigalike" has a smaller battery ( you will be carrying spares) and a smaller tank ( you will be carrying re-fill juice), most are 510 connections,
    Joye 510-T Starter Kit as a suggestion only,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    I would be concerned about a supposedly Australian company that is selling flavours with Nicotine in them as that is NOT legal in this country. My guess is that they are based overseas somewhere.

This is a great starter kit Ego Passthrough Kit and you get some nicotine juice with it. Comes from the states though

AVF Regular
    if you want something that looks like a ciggie, maybe check out this thread:

if you HAD to recommend a cig-a-like with prefilled catrtridges ...

otherwise, there are heaps of good starter kits for devices that have heaps better battery life and much better capacity for you e-liquid, as well as producing better vapour and flavour. some of the starter kits here are really good value Electronic Cigarette Australia E-Liquid Vaping Cobra if you went this route, you would need to order nicotine liquid from overseas.

AVF Regular
    blankedouttenchar
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 01-09-13 at 03:14 AM.
    Vapes of Groth, jen and coal miner like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertylesh View Post
    try it with no expectations.
    A lot of people start on them thinking they will just use them as a convenience device and when they realise they can get off the durries pain free so easily with them end up changing their approach once vaping.
    Any intention to start is good. They'll save you copious amounts of money.

Its all just a matter of finding the hardware you like the most.
    What qwertylesh said.
    I would however consider one of the ego kits from Vaping Cobra or juice whore. Ive never had a cigalike before but know two people who did spend money on them and both are now vaping on egoT`s and stardust hand me downs from my "vinnies box"
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

The best thing about slightly bigger batteries and clearomisers as suggested is that it is much easier and cheaper this way to try a much bigger range of eliquids. Most of us have tried dozens, some hundreds or even thousands, it's part of the fun and part of getting a vape that you like best. Ultimately, don't you want to enjoy it as much as possible?

Retired Account
    We started on v2 from v2cigsaustralia. I think what they're doing is possibly a bit on the dodgy side, because the parcel comes via aussie post, and from my understanding, that puts them well into the illegal sale of nicotine within Australia. They are horriffically expensive, but they did the trick for us. We quit cigarettes within the first week after receiving the parcel from V2. The flavours were good.
    I think the main difference between these little batteries and the ones we use now is just how much grunt the bigger things have. Even the mini ego batteries last about double the time of v2's between charges. My main issue with v2 batteries was that I never really felt confident I had enough batteries to be able to get through a full day without being near a charger, and while it's a small hassle, it got to be quite annoying over time. We were impressed by how close a simulation to smoking we got from the v2 batteries though. We even went to their US site and ordered bottles of their flavourings and their version of a clearo, which they call a liquimizer I think. At the time, we thought their stuff was really cheap, but we were comparing the price to the price of smoking cigarettes, and for us, it worked out to be roughly half the cost of smoking, including the overseas postage costs.

It wasn't until we joined this forum and started researching about what else was out there that we realised just how expensive v2 are, but only in comparison to all the other vendors out there, not when compared with the cost of smoking. The thing with v2 is that you get everything from the same place, and you can get their prefilled cartridges with nicotine through overnight postage to your door. What we do now has to be pre planned. We need to order our nicotine at least 6-8 weeks in advance, because that's how long it can take to come from china or the US. When we first started vaping, it was with the goal of reducing our smoking. I don't think we expected to quit smoking all together. The reality is that cigarettes quickly lost their appeal. I realised that I really didn't like the flavour, once we had the experience of getting our nicotine fix from the tasty liquids we had begun to vape. I knew on the 2nd day on the v2cigs that it was actually going to be possible to give up smoking completely, much to my delight and surprise.

I think v2 are very overpriced. Their "lifetime" warranty on batteries actually means that they'll replace a faulty battery up to 3 times. We had one issue with one of their auto batteries, in that it just decided one day to stay 'on'. Apart from that, all of our batteries are still okay after 6 months (only 1 month of real use though, as we gave them up in favour of bigger batteries quite quickly).
    If I were you, rather than buying v2, I'd have a look at a passthrough, which is a battery you can connect to your computer, and depending on the size, it will last you a full work day between needing to be charged, and you can continue to use it while it's charging. If you have a look in the vendors section here, each of them probably sells a passthrough. Get yourself some 36mg nicotine from either china or the US, and some local doublers in a few different flavours. Be prepared to experiment.. we quickly gave up on nearly all tobacco flavours in favour of fruits, mints and dessert flavours. Vaping is a different thing to smoking. You won't get the same flavour vaping as you do from burning tobacco. The tobacco flavours seemed to make me crave a real cigarette, and they just niggled at me because they were close to but not quite the flavour of smoking a cigarette.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

So most of you are using something that's bulkier than the "cigalikes" for longer battery and juice life I'm assuming. What about the juice, I don't have to mix my own do I? I looked at the ego passthrough kit and they did not seem to have tobacco flavours. I spoke to a friend just after making the post who use an ego-c and says he uses a blueberry flavour. Are the tobacco flavours not realistic or bad for some other reason??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast