Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Am I on the right track?

Am I on the right track?

Hey vapers,

Already introduced myself and spent most of my day reading the forums. As a complete novice who had no real idea what e-cigs were about until this morning just after a bit of guidance around my first purchase. I'm here because i want to stop burning tobacco. I know there are guides in the forums but some of it was a little difficult to decipher and want to get it right.

So am i on the right track here?

• Ego-C or T start kit (greenhouse1 or one of the aussie sites)
      Nicotine liquid - Q if i get a 36mg can i dilute that down to 8mg easy enough? as i am not a heavy smoker now. or even a higher concentration and dilute further for cost costing?
      Bottle of VG and PG
      Flavour depending on preference
      Syringes to measure
      Bottles to mix

anything i have overlooked or gone overboard on?

i need to do more reading on mixing so i reserve this space for future questions lol

looking forward to not having to spend $18 on a stinky cigs pack

AVF Regular
    Looks good Jenko, I would definitely go with a starter kit from one of the aussie sites. Easy as to dilute down to the strength you need from 36mg. Use one of these calculators if the maths is doing your head in eJuice Recipe Calculator Cant see that you have gone overboard with anything necessarily. You might want to order some premixed samples from an ejuice supplier in the US. Get a good range so that you can decide what sort of flavours you like best. I prefer fruit ones personally, but taste is a very subjective thing.

If you can splurge the extra get a VV or Variable Voltage starter kit. These are called ego-twists or vision spinners. They have a little dial on the bottom that allows you to adjust the voltage and tune your vaping experience to be just how you like it

highly recommended, probably only cost an extra 10 bucks or thereabouts
    Gresh11 and Geoff like this.

avoid the GH1 clone garbage, the worst attys I have ever bought came from them.
    their juices are nice however.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Wat u would do is mix that 36mg nic down to 18mg which you would do by mixing nic say 100%pg with the same amount of no nic vg resulting in a 50pg/50vg mix of 18 mg after that u would then get some no nic doublers from one of our great local vendors and mix that doubler 50/ 50 with the 18mg nic to give u a ready to vape liquid at 9mg (u can adjust your nic down lower before u mix doublers) Wat I would recommend doing first though would be to order a small selection of ready to vape liquids (already) containing nic in a variety of flavours at 8mg strength to see Wat u like purely because its easier to start off with. Mt baker vapor is a GD vender in USA with a GD. Flavour range. As for kit ego battery is the most recommended starter point. Have a look at vapingcobra.com.au for ur kits
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    one thing thati think is really important, regardless of what kit you start out with, is to always have a back up. get a kit that has 2 batteries and then find a spare charger. if you can, get a kit with clearomisers with replaceable coils and get a pack of replacement coils. make sure you have enough gear right from the start so that if one breaks, you have what you need to keep vaping until you can order a new one. good luck with it all
    Noe, margyb, darkhorsefkn and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Don't forget clearomizers and also a cpl of 306 atomizers (and 306 drip tip) too to drip into and test ur flavours before u fill a clearo
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    have had this debate with ppl before, but i reckon not to jump into mixing first thing, try premixes, mount baker vapour, healthcabin, vermillion river (for awesome tobaccos).
    Robray, Gresh11, lheamfrg and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LizBiz25 View Post
    Looks good Jenko, I would definitely go with a starter kit from one of the aussie sites. Easy as to dilute down to the strength you need from 36mg. Use one of these calculators if the maths is doing your head in eJuice Recipe Calculator Cant see that you have gone overboard with anything necessarily. You might want to order some premixed samples from an ejuice supplier in the US. Get a good range so that you can decide what sort of flavours you like best. I prefer fruit ones personally, but taste is a very subjective thing.
    i kind of enjoy the maths but will def use those calcs too
    i know sick arent i haha

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorsefkn View Post
    If you can splurge the extra get a VV or Variable Voltage starter kit. These are called ego-twists or vision spinners. They have a little dial on the bottom that allows you to adjust the voltage and tune your vaping experience to be just how you like it

highly recommended, probably only cost an extra 10 bucks or thereabouts
    will investigate thanks .....so how does a change in voltage affect the vaping experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    avoid the GH1 clone garbage, the worst attys I have ever bought came from them.
    their juices are nice however.
    so stay away from their starter kit?

Quote Originally Posted by izmali View Post
    Wat u would do is mix that 36mg nic down to 18mg which you would do by mixing nic say 100%pg with the same amount of no nic vg resulting in a 50pg/50vg mix of 18 mg after that u would then get some no nic doublers from one of our great local vendors and mix that doubler 50/ 50 with the 18mg nic to give u a ready to vape liquid at 9mg (u can adjust your nic down lower before u mix doublers) Wat I would recommend doing first though would be to order a small selection of ready to vape liquids (already) containing nic in a variety of flavours at 8mg strength to see Wat u like purely because its easier to start off with. Mt baker vapor is a GD vender in USA with a GD. Flavour range. As for kit ego battery is the most recommended starter point. Have a look at vapingcobra.com.au for ur kits
    ok will look to purchase nic from there

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    one thing thati think is really important, regardless of what kit you start out with, is to always have a back up. get a kit that has 2 batteries and then find a spare charger. if you can, get a kit with clearomisers with replaceable coils and get a pack of replacement coils. make sure you have enough gear right from the start so that if one breaks, you have what you need to keep vaping until you can order a new one. good luck with it all
    unfortunately cost is an issue at the moment so going to have to risk it with 1 starter kit for short term
    rego due next month!

and thanks everyone

Sounds like a good start. I am only a couple of weeks in, so I can only offer advice based on avoiding my rookie mistakes. When it came to ordering juice, I ordered four juices, all at the same nic level (18mg) and same PG/VG mix (80/20). In hindsight, I should have mixed things up a bit in terms of PG/VG and nic level. I smokes light cigs, though admittedly a lot of them, and 18mg is a bit much for me. Places like Mt Baker Vapors are very good at tailoring these levels to taste.

Also, I didn't realise that US suppliers ship at a glacial pace, or I would have ordered more flavours.

The one thing I did get right was to soon order Stardust V3 clearomizers, which provide a much better experience for me than the standard ego setup. More experienced vapers than I could probably suggest other accessories, that's just the one I use.

Totally agree about getting a VV. I have the ego-C starter kit. I use the Twist to get the most out of softer flavours and the standard battery for spicier or stronger ones.
    margyb and Gresh11 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast