Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: lost with all the options

lost with all the options

Hi,

Have read a bit online about vaping effectiveness for quitting cigs and want to give a go, from what I can tell this is the recommended aus forum

but.. there just seems a huge learning curve and variety in devices which is putting me off - I'm not particularly interested in starter models, then upgrading, modding, diy, spending days reading forums posts debating pros/cons/ learning jargon, etc, etc, etc

If I'm missing the straight to the point thread that spells out precisely what I need (consensus on a good model, site to purchase from) and where to buy without pages of discussion, please point it out - (the stickies seem all over the place to me, no offence)

I simply want to find a device that does the job - coming from a 20+ a day marlboro habit and enough liquid to give a decent go e.g. h/w and a months worth of supply

trying to trawl through all this stuff just makes me chain more ...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Hi,

Have read a bit online about vaping effectiveness for quitting cigs and want to give a go, from what I can tell this is the recommended aus forum

but.. there just seems a huge learning curve and variety in devices which is putting me off - I'm not particularly interested in starter models, then upgrading, modding, diy, spending days reading forums posts debating pros/cons/ learning jargon, etc, etc, etc

If I'm missing the straight to the point thread that spells out precisely what I need (consensus on a good model, site to purchase from) and where to buy without pages of discussion, please point it out - (the stickies seem all over the place to me, no offence)

I simply want to find a device that does the job - coming from a 20+ a day marlboro habit and enough liquid to give a decent go e.g. h/w and a months worth of supply

trying to trawl through all this stuff just makes me chain more ...

Thanks.
    Try Indigo Vapor and one of his starter kits to kick the habit.

I have gotten many of my friends who were heavy smokers of the cigarettes thanks to Indigo Vapors Tobacco Juices!

Indigo Vapor - Experience the Indigo Difference!

There is a discount code just for us Aussies in the Vendor General Subforum!

AVF Regular
    Beginners guide and shopping LIST for first time vapers...

have a look at this thread has some guides and videos on the basic equipment followed by a shopping list with links to where to go.

if u wanna keep it basic ignore the ce3 and carto portions just go with the ce4 clearos and ego batteries and the liquid s
    Last edited by izmali; 03-06-13 at 03:45 PM.
    Noe, essiemessy and jen like this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

here is the link to the discount code: http://forums.aussievapers.com/vendo...igo-vapor.html

and here is some more info on the vendor http://forums.aussievapers.com/e-cig...igo-vapor.html

So Im in the same spot as you (except I did the stoopid starter kit style thing first.)

for a nice cheep start I have been giving my friends (<$50)

1-3 x (depending on how many flavours you want at once) vivi mini - nice and cheep .. works well few spare parts, easy to use, fill, get use to. Vision Mini Vivi Nova v3 Kit
    1 x VISION 1300mAH Spinner EGO VV - FATBOY .. variable voltage so you can tune it how you like it, lasts ages. (most people stop using it if you dont get what you want from it so the VV helps)
    1 x Mini ViVi Nova EGO Cone to make it look nice

thats a great easy to use effective startup kit but Im sure you will get some other opinions when others get here.

once I got use to that I started getting new and different tanks to try out .. some I like some I don't its all personal pref.

if I had my time again I would have just spent the $500 on this and be done with it

provari - Provari e Cigarette
    Z-atty pro - Z-Atty-Pro | Zen Atty Pro | ZAP | Zen Rebuildable Atomizer

AVF Regular
    Welcome noname (really? how odd). It's definately overwhelming for some people when they start out, if only because there's a multitude of choices. As far as hardware goes, for someone starting out and keeping the price down while you figure things out I would suggest going to Electronic Cigarette Australia E-Liquid Vaping Cobra and getting one of the starter kits. For some guides you could also check out the associated site eCigarette Guide | Everything You Need To Know About Electronic Cigarettes After that it's just a matter of sourcing some nic\juice.

It might be worth your time to join one of the google hangouts when they're running or ask if someone could skype\phone\twocanstring you. It's somewhat easier to explain and answer questions that way. There's always plenty of helpful people around here and I'm sure more will be along soon.
    gtadmin and jen like this.

AVF Regular
    In the meantime, know that most of us have been exactly where you are and, in time, it'll all fall into place enough, once you get going. Good on you
    jen likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

thanks for all the quick replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by Oscillate Darkly View Post
    So Im in the same spot as you (except I did the stoopid starter kit style thing first.)

if I had my time again I would have just spent the $500 on this and be done with it
    ^ this is prob what i am looking for + the help of users that can spot legit vendours that aren't gouging.

Given I'm spending this much on cigs in a few months.

'Starter' to me means Im gonna be upgrading - I just want whatever I'd end getting later now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscillate Darkly View Post
    provari - Provari e Cigarette
    Z-atty pro - Z-Atty-Pro | Zen Atty Pro | ZAP | Zen Rebuildable Atomizer
    This links to a table of unrecognisable widgit spare parts, I dont get it.

I realise Im prob coming across impatient / lazy .. but .. Im feeding an addiction not looking for a hobby.. if it turns into one all good and well but for now..

thanks

AVF Regular
    All been where you are, but best to pick one off the starter kits and jump straight in. Suggest some CE4's, Ego batteries, charger and 18mg and 24mg juice - some tobacco and others. You will vape around 3+ mls a day as a guide. Buy for the first time from overseas so you can get it all from one place - most start somewhere like healthcabin.net but any of the usa suppliers etc listed above will be fine

Think of it this way, while you are debating what $100 start up kit to buy, that will last you a month or more, you are probably spending $100 a week on smokes so, even if you give what you get at first away in a few weeks you are still up in overall $'s spent.

Unfortunately there are no simple answers for what is best for you long term there are too many juices and individual preferences to consider, you will need to work that out for yourself. what 1 person here will recommend for long term use many others may disagree with in terms of both equipment and juice flavours. Until you have tried a starter kit you wont have any reference point to make decisions with.

Also note that only us hard core vapers have more advanced kits, many are still using ego's and ce4's etc for years and totally happy
    Last edited by Mickg33; 03-06-13 at 04:20 PM.
    darkhorsefkn likes this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    This links to a table of unrecognisable widgit spare parts, I dont get it.

I realise Im prob coming across impatient / lazy .. but .. Im feeding an addiction not looking for a hobby.. if it turns into one all good and well but for now..

thanks
    sorry fixed links

ProVari v2.5 Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette
    Z-Atty-Pro | Zen Atty Pro | ZAP | Zen Rebuildable Atomizer

thats something like you would end up with .. but if your after just getting nic and dont really care about flavour and vape and quality then just take the cheaper setup from vapeking

if you got a spare $500 go the provari and z-atty (or other users recomendations) but you will need to do things like build the atty and tune it and rebuild it every so oftern .. if you just want to add juice and vape .. go the vivi mini

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast