Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Some questions from a newbie!

Some questions from a newbie!

Hi all,

I am about to embark on the wonderful (atleast I hope it will be) journey of vaping! Have been spending quite a bit of time on here, reading what I can and searching the net for anything that may be of interest. As others have said before me there is a wealth of knowledge just on here and I think this site is really useful!

It would be great if someone could help me with the below questions

1) When people refer to the amount of nic they use are they talking about the amount they ordered or the amount onced mixed with flavour. (ie cos it gets halved once u add flavour)

2)What is the difference between a cartomiser and a clearomiser?

3)I see a lot of references to CE3 (and i think CE4) what is this?

5) I have heard you can get tester kits for the nic to check wat is sent to you? where can I find these?

6) What exactly is a clearomiser?

7) Lastly, I think I am going to go with an E-go T or E-go C. From what I understand a T (for tank) would be the style that has the 'solid' wick in it that has to be re-filled where as the C is the one that has the strand of wick. Is this correct? Any recommendations as to which u think would be better?

I'm sure I will have some more questions and instead of posting new threads I'll just post them in here if thats alright

Thanks in advance!

Shri

Red face

noe's got the know how
    Last edited by jeff; 06-06-13 at 02:30 PM. Reason: misinformation

AVF Regular
    Wow, I might be able to help a little (been pretty useless up to now LOL)

Question two (and a little bit of six) - a clearomiser is a tank that already comes with a heating coil. So all you have to do is fill 'er up and attach it to a battery and it's good to go.
    A cartomiser on the other hand is a cartridge with a coil and fluffy wicking material which you fill to soak the fluffy stuff, then either vape straight from the carto, or if you get slotted ones, they're used for inside carto tanks. I've been at this for a little while now, but only this week, I'd filled a carto tank with juice after loading up the cartomiser, not realising I'd done one without holes/slots to take up the juice from the tank. Rule? Always check you have a holey carto before loading the tank, if you have both types floating around LOL.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF Spar, before people start confusing you further, I will answer your questions properly.

1) When people refer to the amount of nic they use are they talking about the amount they ordered or the amount onced mixed with flavour. (ie cos it gets halved once u add flavour)

The amount talked about being used is the amount in the juice that is vaped, not the amount ordered. More correctly, it is the nic strength that is used in juice, that is what I think you are talking about.

Nothing, except that a Clearomiser(clearo) has a clear, usually plastic tube, instead of a metal one that Cartomisers(carto) do.
    First we had Atomisers(atty), that were fed by a thing called a Cartridge(cart), then some smart Chinese manufacturers decided they could combine both into a single unit & called it a cartomiser. Then vapers decided they wanted to be able to see how much juice was left in their cartos & came up with various means to do this, including tank systems, this led to Chinese manufacturers redesigning cartos with clear tubing, which we now call clearomisers.

Different types of clearos, not even I understand all the designations in the CE string of designs, to me there is top coils & bottom coils. The original CE2's were top coil design, then there came CE4s (I think before CE3s), which again were top coil design & there is now all the way up to CE9 ( I think I have seen somewhere). CE3 is different, its a bottom coil but not all bottom coils are the same, yet they are all lumped in the CE3 basket. I prefer bottom coils, which IMO & IME give a better vaping experience, with fewer dry hits & fewer annoying quirks.

5) I have heard you can get tester kits for the nic to check wat is sent to you? where can I find these?

Supersports600 sells these on his ebay site, they are the best available kit for our purposes of any I have seen in the vaping world, that won't cost you an arm & a leg to get a reasonably accurate & repeatable result. You could PM him on here & ask for one.

Answered above.

7) Lastly, I think I am going to go with an E-go T or E-go C. From what I understand a T (for tank) would be the style that has the 'solid' wick in it that has to be re-filled where as the C is the one that has the strand of wick. Is this correct? Any recommendations as to which u think would be better?

If you plan to go with a C or T type atty, definitely go for a C, which was an improved version of the T(which IMO vaped like a burnt tea-towel soaked in water & that's when it was vaping well).
    Honestly, I think you will prefer a CE3 type clearo over an eGo-C atty/tank system or even a CE4 over the eGo-C atty/tank system. VK Comets or VOBCC are my preferred clearos.
    Last edited by Noe; 06-06-13 at 01:49 PM.
    margyb, JaSeNoFaCe and jeff like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

thk
    3) these are types of clearomisers. lots of info and comparisons here:

ce2, ce3, and ce4 what is the difference

5) supersports600 sells these. ebay site here:

supersports600 | eBay

however, i doubt you will need this so early into your vaping career. especially if you are buying pre made juice from reputable vendors.

7) if you were/are not a heavy smoker, then the ego t or ego c could be okay.
    however, i was a very heavy smoker, started on an ego t and was not satisfied at all. not a bad introduction to vaping, but i only lasted a week before shelling out more money on a new device. i agree with jeff that an ego c twist variable voltage would be a better place to start.

i would also grab a couple kanger evod bccs and some nice juice and youd be ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sparhawke View Post
    Hi all,

I'm sure I will have some more questions and instead of posting new threads I'll just post them in here if thats alright

Thanks in advance!

Shri
    1..nic comes in all strengths. you can buy it in the strength you want to vape at, in which case no more work needs to be done. But most of us suggest buying it in at least double the strength, and that way you can buy what we call "doublers" from Aussie vendors, and as jeff said you simply mix your double strength nic with the doubler in the flavour of your choice, and you end up with something vapeable, at the strength you want to vape at.

It is really the best and easiest way to do it in Australia, as nobody is allowed to sell nicotine. It's a PITA but it doesn't take much to get used to.

As an aside, like I said you can also buy nic in any strength. I vape at 10mg, and I buy nic at 100mg. So I cut it down, by adding straight PG or VG to it. As you can imagine, 100ml of 100mg nic lasts me some time.

Read this next bit slowly, and a few times - it will make sense...I simply cut it to 20mg by adding 20ml of it to 80ml of PG, and that gives me 100ml of 20mg. If I buy say 20ml of doubler, I simply add 20 ml of my 20mg nic mix, and I end up with 40ml of 10mg juice which is ready to vape.

So you have to find your preferred strength to begin with. I would recommend, before doing the above, to buy some premixed flavours from overseas, in different strengths and flavours, to see what you like. It can take a bit of tweaking to get the balance right.

2.. Essie answered it better than I could, cos I still don't know and I have been at this since Sept last year.

3.. CE3 CE4 etc...these are clearomisers - clearo's for short. The earlier ones you simply used and threw once they packed up. The lifespan varies. The later ones, which are sometimes referred to as coil changeable, allow you to replace the coil out of them instead of binning the lot. Unless an ad for a clearo says it is coil changeable, or CC, assume it isn't. There are heaps of different brands etc around, but they all do much the same thing. The numbers don't matter too much, but I could be wrong on that.

5..One of the posters on here, Supersports600, puts together and sells these kits on ebay. Nicotine Test Titration KIT FOR Eliquid Burette Retort Stand Wash Bottle ETC | eBay

People who have these swear by them, and they give you peace of mind that you have the right strength nic you purchased. But the amount of sellers who have stuffed up nic strengths due to incorrect labelling etc can be counted on one hand (with two fingers) but you just never know. If you want peace of mind, it is a small price to pay.

7.. best thing you can do is buy a couple of ego or ego style batteries, in either 900mah or variable voltage (ego twist) Buy some clearo's to screw onto them, and a charger and you are good to go. I wouldn't even consider using the tanks on the ego's. They are too small, they leak at times, and the clearo's get the job done so much easier. If you really want to go this route, go the Ego-c's, but I really think you should just bypass those and go straight for the clearo's. There is a newbie shopping list on here somewhere, that Noe wrote up, and I am sure he will be along soon to put you right.

Good luck, and ask away with any questions. There is a lot to learn when you first begin, but it all falls into place pretty quick.

Like I said, here's Noe lol. Talk about cross posts.
    Last edited by keyboardmama; 06-06-13 at 01:57 PM. Reason: beaten by Noe
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    I did a thread up that will answer some of your questions as well as a shopping list if u have a look threw newbie section u may find it a cpl of pages in has some vids and stuff to explain it all
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

CCC
    What about question 4?
    margyb likes this.

CCC
    And dont get an ego T or C get something like this - Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit eGo-T - Cobra Kit B
    Megan likes this.

Thanks so much for the responses so far all, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by izmali View Post
    I did a thread up that will answer some of your questions as well as a shopping list if u have a look threw newbie section u may find it a cpl of pages in has some vids and stuff to explain it all
    I have read through all those They added a lot to my knowledge and are most of the reason I can even ask these questions!

The list has prob been one of the best things, its just that it doesnt really explain what each thing is. That is what I am having difficulty with understanding i think.

Some responses and additional questions.

1) I rekon thats been answered, thanks for clearing it up. Makes sense that it would be the nic vaped....

2) So the clearo is the same as a carto except its clear? And they have different wicks? Are a carto and a tank the same thing?

3) Thanks for the info on this. What is the differece between a bottom & top coil?

4) just realised i didnt have a q4....lol

5) Cheers for the link to the kit...I just wanted it as a sort of insurance policy on knowing I get the mg nic when i order it from HC. Is it hard to use? Looks like meth lab equipment!

6) All cleared up thanks!

7) still pretty lost about some of this

noe: "I think you will prefer a CE3 type clearo over an eGo-C atty/tank system or even a CE4 over the eGo-C atty/tank system. VK Comets or VOBCC are my preferred clearos."

Sorry but this just confuses me, are u saying buy the Ego-C but dont use their clearo. use a CE3 or CE4 one from a brand called VT Comet or VOBC?

thk: "i would also grab a couple kanger evod bccs "

No idea what any of this means, do u mind slowing it down for me plz

keyboardmama: " but I really think you should just bypass those and go straight for the clearo's."

Isnt the Ego-c a clearo...

Im getting the impression that you can just buy a battery and attach basically any clearo or carto to it from anywhere. Is that right? surely not

Sorry if I sound really stupid i think im just finding it really hard to get my head around the terminology and that

Really appreciate all the help!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast