Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: How much and how often???

How much and how often???

Hi everyone,

I'm waiting with anticipation for my nic to arrive next week so I can begin quitting the analogues. My kit from VapeKing arrived today, so everything is almost in order. Ego Twist, CE4 clearo's, flavours, etc.

I'm a routine-type person (and more than a little OCD!), so I do not want to upset my usual daily routines if necessary.

My noob questions:

1. Can I replace the act and regularity of having an analogue with a vape? ie: I smoke around 20 winnie golds per day each of around 15 puffs, so do I (can I?) vape 20 times a day with 15 drags per session? Same for same? I do take my 4 to 5 minutes to duck out the back to suck in a durrie during the day, so I can't see why I'd change this?

2. If the answer to Q1 is yes, then at what nic strength should I mix my juice to get the same 'hit'?

3. If the answer to Q1 is no, then how do/should I go about vaping and at what strength nic juice?

Apologies if this has been discussed previously. I've spent *a lot* of time the past 5 days browsing the AVF's but can't find a definitive answer on 'how' to vape.

Cheers
    Milkman_ likes this.

IMO 12mg juice at 70% PG 30% VG should do the trick. Whenever u feel the urge hit your vape.

That ratio of pg/vg and nic strength should be a good starting point

If I was you I'd start on the 18 mg nic, and just vape as much as you need too. A lot of people vape more when they first start as there is no end to vaping like a smoke, you just stop when you've had enough. I still go outside at work for about 3 minutes at a time and vape and that does me. At night I usually vape on and off for about 4 hours. You will know if you've vaped too much cause you will feel sick and probably get a headache!
    D1git and vreidisgod like this.

AVF Regular
    I was going to say that if you have your little smoke routines and are inclined to sticking to them then I would start off with 24mg, at least in the beginning...just to make sure you are getting enough nic to carry on as you were, if you know what I mean.

I understand liking the same routine. When I started vaping I did it exactly as I would smoke, but found very quickly that I could just carry on vaping when I would not normally have done so with a cigarette.

I also started vaping in the car on the way to work, and in the tea room at work (we take our breaks separately so I'm alone in the tea room). And also occasionally when I watch TV, which is pretty rare. I didn't smoke cigarettes in any of those situations. So pretty quickly I found I needed to reduce the nicotine, and now I'm on 10-12mg, after starting with 18/24mg.

I'm pretty sure you will eventually develop new routines around vaping because you are not confined in the same way you are with cigarettes...for example, there is no need to go outside in the middle of winter to vape. It won't take long for you to decide not to punish yourself by continuing that I'm sure.

Why don't you see how you go first. Don't mix up large quantities at 24mg and just use that when you would normally smoke, and make a batch of 12mg for the times you may want to vape when you wouldn't normally smoke.
    Dartonian, vreidisgod and rushn like this.

yeah 18 or 24mg to star with sounds about right to start with. I've gone from 24 to 12mg in three weeks.
    Just remember when you start that it takes longer for the nic to get into your system. Your body does not take long to adjust to the new system though.
    I have found that I tend to vape now when I want to. Rather than smoking when I needed to. If you know what I mean.

Thanks Milkman, Megan & JenJ (edit: & vriedisgod!)

Sound advice from those that know

At this stage I'm prepared to take any and all advice on-board.

I'll do what you suggest in the first instance JenJ and see how things progress.

Thanks all.

Cheers
    Last edited by rushn; 06-06-13 at 10:45 PM. Reason: additional aknowledgement

If op is smoking 8mg why would u recommend 18-24mg? Serious question.

Ive got some 18mg now n it's strong. Very strong. I think it'd be a bit strong for an 8mg smoker that's all

I went to 12mg when I first started vaping n I found it was still giving me Nic headaches quite frequently. Down to 6mg n loving it
    tally-ho likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have no idea what mg I was smoking because I smoked rollies and it doesn't say on the pack.

The reason I suggested 24mg is that when I have a smoke it's an instant and satisfying nic hit. On 12mg vaping I don't get that instantly, and if I had a strong routine need for a nic hit I'd feel frustrated by 12mg.

When I first started the throat hit of 24mg would make me cough, but if I inhaled gently and slowly I found the nic hit satisfying and similar to having a smoke. Which is why I suggested rushn do that to start with....otherwise she'll be sucking away like crazy trying to get the nic high he/she gets with cigs, but failing to do it in the short time it normally takes to have a quick smoke -which as she said is his/her routine.

It wasn't long before I had to drop my nic level because I found I was vaping for a lot longer than I smoked, but it took a while to figure out I needed less nic during a long vape session, and more for a quick 'need to feed the nic beast' session.
    Milkman_ and rushn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman_ View Post

Ive got some 18mg now n it's strong. Very strong. I think it'd be a bit strong for an 8mg smoker that's all

I went to 12mg when I first started vaping n I found it was still giving me Nic headaches quite frequently. Down to 6mg n loving it
    I am glad you asked

I think it is better to start off stronger just to break that hold until your body adjusts to getting nic in a different way.
    Also 8mg is the tar content of the old smokes each cigarette still gives 1mg of nicotine regardless and is absorbed more efficiently via cigarettes.
    I do agree with jenj and just mix up a small amount at this level until you find out what you are comfortable with.
    Milkman_, tally-ho and rushn like this.

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman_ View Post

Mgs from vaping is not the same as mgs from smoking. Each cigarette has aprox 1mg of nic in it. The mgs on the pack refer to tar content. So the op is smoking 20 cigs per day so will need 20 mg to stay satisfied. So recommending 18-24mg juice is right.
    margyb, Milkman_ and rushn like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast