• 2 Post By essiemessy
  • 1 Post By Stoney
  • 1 Post By ckane
  • 2 Post By Mickg33

Thread: Hello from WA

AVF Regular

Smile Hello from WA

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd say hi, been on ECF a while but there aren't many aussies on there, just spoilt americans with the whole vaping world at their finger tips... We all know it can be a bit more difficult (and expensive) over here!

Been vaping nearly 2 months, going good, just getting into RBA's, got ZAP and ProVari mini which is my daily vape and been coiling cotton wicks on Phoenix clone too... so just getting into the more technical side of vaping.

Want to get a hybrid or mech mod next because it appears to be the natural progression but I don't know what the benefits are to mech mods over VV mods? Why does everyone like them? Going to buy a K100 if I get a reply to my PM

So long winded hello but hoping to get some great info from all the aussie vapers out there!

Cheers,

Rob.

hey welcome to AVF, was wondering since when has the logical progression been to go backwards from VV to a metal pipe with a button.
    theres a lot of marketing hype to think through.

only reason to get a mech i can think of is to use sub ohm attys or appearance/form factor. I can think of no other logical reason over a more versatile provari.
    vreidisgod and genoxy like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Helloooo! Welcome, and enjoy your new goodies
    I've been vaping for quite a while, but am still in the baby steps stages of RBAs.
    genoxy likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    hey welcome to AVF, was wondering since when has the logical progression been to go backwards from VV to a metal pipe with a button.
    theres a lot of marketing hype to think through.

only reason to get a mech i can think of is to use sub ohm attys or appearance/form factor. I can think of no other logical reason over a more versatile provari.
    hello and welcome ,
    I agree with Stoney, mechs are only needed if going into the world of sub ohms. Then you have to weigh up the benefits of these coils against the possible damage to your batteries, sub ohm draw a lot of amps and watts from your batteries.

I do have a mech and dabble but I tend to stick with 1.2 to 1.5 ohm coils in my rebuildables and use them on the regulated devices. They work awesome and you don't have to worry about the charge of your battery as the regulated device handles everything for you.
    genoxy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've got a couple of mechs. But only because they're pretty
    vreidisgod and genoxy like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

i meant to say looks/form factor actually.
    its as good a reason as any if you have disposable income saved from not smoking
    genoxy likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Mech mods work well you will get higher amperage out of them when using low ohm coils which is limited in vv/vw mods.
    genoxy likes this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    i mainly use mec mods out and about because they are smaller and look better.
    Olfella and genoxy like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    Wow thanks for all the replies!

Ok so mech mods are good for very low ohm coils, that makes sense because I have a Phoenix clone 1.2 ohm coil that I wrapped but it doesn't fire on my ProVari so I've been using an ego twist to fire it, seems to work well.

Going to buy the K100 for sale on this forum, its cheap and maybe a good intro to mech mods?

Now about hybrids... after looking into it more, they appear to just be like a ZAP and ProVari except intergrated into one unit and made to look nice together... is that right? Thats the only benefit of a hybrid?

Invested in vaping so far: Stopped counting Break even in: Never! And that's OK
    "We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"