Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Intro...

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Newbie Intro...

Hi All,

I'm Michael and have been smoking for the last 38 years. I reached the stage of 40 x1mg cigs a day (Longbeach). Figured I had to stop or die. Have attempted a few times over the years without success.

Ordered an Aussie Blue Ultra kit the other day, arrived Monday and I have had 6 fags since then, feeling no interest in the real ones. I'm on nicotine free juice.

Question with this kit, is how often I need to refill the cartridges. I find I only seem to get 2-3 visits outside before I need to refill. Is this normal?

Alternatively, is there a bigger cartridge? I like the idea of the PCC and taking it charged, with second battery etc. This suits me for a day out, but I can't keep up with the refilling of catridges without taking juice with me.

Appreciate advice, thoughts, etc...

Cheers,
    \
    Michael

Sik
    Hey Michael, congrats on kicking the durries mate.

Welcome to the ever expanding world of ecigs. I'm not sure how long a "visit" is lol but I believe the Aussie blue might have a 510 thread (someone please correct me if i am wrong) which means you could potentially use a 510-T atomiser with a standard (0.5ml) tank or a whistle tip (around 1ml) tank on your existing batteries. Or Joye 510 cartomisers which also hold around half a ml.

Hth
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Thanks Sik,

A "visit" is normally the time spent outside to deep drag a coffin stick or two. Must admit I perfected "power smoking" over the years!! Lol

Gotta admit I'm new to this - but the dog enjoys sniffing coffee mudcake rather then 'baccy.

Cheers,

Michael

Sik
    firstly... have a scan through this thread the stoneman put together to decipher the lingo http://forums.aussievapers.com/showt...g-terms-Thread this way you'll know wtf we are talking about. Otherwise its all Korean.

Secondly... Yea those stock cartridges will run out pretty quick, despite being plugged as "20 cigarettes" they are more like 5-10.

Thirdly.... There is an e-cig out there to fit anyone, its just a bit of a process to find the right fit. Thats where this place is invaluable (ps watch out for the cult of the provari they are an insidious bunch). Tell us everything that pisses you off about your current e-cig and we can help you pick your next experiment.

Newbie Quiz;

1) How do you find the battery life
    2) Is flavour important to you
    3) Do you like warm or cool vapour... or you dont know yet
    4) Do you care if it looks like a cigarette
    5) If you could change one thing about you current e-cig what would it be

There are lots of options... from a $2 cartomiser to fit your current battery, to a $300 mod with a feeder. It's not quite walking into a 7/11 for a pack of darts. Most people try a few things before they settle in a truly comfortable zone.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

If you are vaping for about the same time it takes you to get through 2 ciggies then yeah that sounds about right for a standard sized cartridge. You could try cartomisers instead, they hold a bit more juice

AVF Regular
    38 is a very good number! I'm 5 months into vaping after smoking mostly rollies for 38 years.

Ego T LR's are my main weapon of choice these days.

Hi All,

Just thought I'd give an update. was doing really well for a few weeks, but couldn't handle the Champix, so I weaned off those. Unfortunately this drove me back to the nic sticks, but at a lesser rate. Have tried fixing the nicotine addiction with Nicorette mini tabs (jees they taste 'orrible!!). Have still been on a mix of vape/analogs for a few weeks (I have a range of flavours - thanks Del!).

Now considering ordering nic liquid and going down that track. Question is where from, what strength? (was on 1mg longbeach x40 per day).

Cheers,

Michael

I went from 18mg to 24mg then to 36mg which cured me. I am back on 24mg and though I kept the 36mg for emergencies I have not needed it in over a year. I could probably cut down again but I don't want to.

RC

AVF Regular
    It sounds like you have been vapeing Del's no nic flavours?
    I'd suggest 36mg nic juice so you can mix 50/50 with Del's doublers, which would give you 18mg.
    From there you could weaken it down to about 12mg or whatever you felt, after trail & error.

I also suggest you buy from Health Cabin as I have had great service from them.

Good luck.

G'day Michael ,
    Run a mile from the Champix , virtually everyone I have spoken to has had a bad reaction to them ( myself included).
    As Flea mentioned , order some unflavoured nic liquid from HC ( delivery is pretty good , they post via EMS ) .

You will find that the combination of the nic liquid and the PV should cut your cigarette cravings right off at the knees . Unlike the other quit therapies , E cigs address the 3 big facets of cigarette addiction , ie The Chemical ( nicotine ) The Mechanical ( hand to mouth hundreds of times a day ) . and the Psychological ( your brains sees "smoke" go in , and " smoke " come out , therefore you ARE smoking!).

I would start at 12mg/ml . From there you can either go up or down in nic strength as required .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast