Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Noob needs help. <3

Noob needs help. <3

Hi guys,

I have a HEAP of questions for you guys!

I'm new to 'vaping' or what whatever you hip people call it. :P I've hated cigarettes every since I've tried them. Although, I used to be an avid fan of the hookah. Time is limited now and I was looking for a more practical solution to have a puff every now and then. So why not try 'vaping' right? (Please no flaming. :P)

Anyway, my mum's had a Joyetech eGo-T box sitting around for a year plus now with very minimal use. I've decided to confiscate it and take one of the two things apart to see what how it works. Anyway, after some research, I've realised that the cartridge is some silly woven-material end (out of the norm?). I'm guessing that the cartridge and atomizer combo are always designed for each other and that if you wanted to upgrade one of the two, you'd need to upgrade both?

I've been reading around and I've seen a few videos where the cartridge is like an easy-to-fill capsule sort of do-wacky with a cap to refill on-the-go. I believe these are the ones here. This seems like the perfect solution for me to get some nice flavourful puffs every now and then without the hassle of the other methods of refilling?

I've read up and heard that the Type-B model is better than the Type-A due to less flooding? Should I also be looking into the standard Type-B atomizer or the (LR - Lower Resistance) atomizer model?

The last thing I wanted to ask was to do with the actual flavours itself. How or what is measured when it comes to flavour strength? I'm a bit confused with the level of shots, when I always though it was always best to get the most flavour out of vaping? Lastly, in terms of the PG/VG ratio, I'm not a fan of the whole burning throat thing, so would you recommend the highest VG percentage if I just wanted to puff occasionally?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by amora; 12-06-13 at 08:57 AM.

AVF Regular
    While the ego t system is good, i would advise getting something like this instead Innokin iClear CE5 Dual Coil Clearomizer as it is easier to refill and your dont get the leaking issues of ego t system. do u plan to take up nicotine as well?
    amora likes this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Woah, is that only $4.50 for the whole system? :O

*Edited - I youtube'd these and they need a battery pack or attachment thingo? What do you recommend for the clearomizer or can I use the original eGo-T battery? They look quite bulky and expensive compared to a just getting a few atomizers and cartridges for the eGo-T, though I'm probably wrong...

And no, I don't want to take up nicotine as I don't actually have that addiction to it.
    Last edited by amora; 12-06-13 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amora View Post

*Edited - I youtube'd these and they need a battery pack or attachment thingo? What do you recommend for the clearomizer or can I use the original eGo-T battery? They look quite bulky and expensive compared to a just getting a few atomizers and cartridges for the eGo-T, though I'm probably wrong...

And no, I don't want to take up nicotine as I don't actually have that addiction to it.
    no it's $4.50 for the part that holds the juice and coil, that price does not include the battery.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by amora View Post

those will fit on the ego t battery no problem.

Ok not taking up nicotine is a good thing.

have a look through that site i link for the clearomizer what you want to do is get a selection of flavours from the premium eliquid section the pg/vg i would recommend would be 60pg 40 vg this mix isnt important really as what gives u the hit from vaping si the nicotine. now as your not going to use nic you only want to get it at single shot and just put it in the clearo mizer give it a minute or 2 to wick and away you go.
    amora likes this.

You already have at least one battery, if not two. You just screw the clearo onto the end, and away you go. I imagine there is a charger as well.

Just find some flavours you like. Have a look at doublers from somewhere like vapeking or vapingcobra etc. Mix them to 50/50 PG/VG to start, and see what you think re any burning flavour muting.

My son does much the same thing. He gave up smoking two years ago, and now just has a puff of no nic every so often. Usually when doing things he would have normally smoked with.
    amora likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey amora where abouts in AUS are you

Thanks for all the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by izmali View Post
    those will fit on the ego t battery no problem.

Ok not taking up nicotine is a good thing.

have a look through that site i link for the clearomizer what you want to do is get a selection of flavours from the premium eliquid section the pg/vg i would recommend would be 60pg 40 vg this mix isnt important really as what gives u the hit from vaping si the nicotine. now as your not going to use nic you only want to get it at single shot and just put it in the clearo mizer give it a minute or 2 to wick and away you go.
    I might pick one or two flavours that have decent reviews from vapeking, just to give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    You already have at least one battery, if not two. You just screw the clearo onto the end, and away you go. I imagine there is a charger as well.

Just find some flavours you like. Have a look at doublers from somewhere like vapeking or vapingcobra etc. Mix them to 50/50 PG/VG to start, and see what you think re any burning flavour muting.

My son does much the same thing. He gave up smoking two years ago, and now just has a puff of no nic every so often. Usually when doing things he would have normally smoked with.
    With the doublers, how exactly does that work? It comes with 5ml in a 10ml bottle so that I can mix it with what?

I'm in Melbourne.

Sorry, there's one more thing I forgot to ask though, which resistance should I get with the iClear?

Thanks again!

Super Moderator
    Doublers are just a flavouring base, with the concentrate levels being high enough that if you mix them with an equal quantity of nicotine base you will end up with a correct flavour ratio ... If you are going No-nicotine then you just need to top up with VG or PG to make the 10 ml in this case .
    Vendors here do this because we cant buy Nic liquids here in Australia ( technically)
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast