Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Noob Throat Hit Problems - twist with smoktech 2.5ohm carto's

AVF Regular

Noob Throat Hit Problems - twist with smoktech 2.5ohm carto's

Hi Guys,

Running an ego twist with smok tech 2.5ohm carto's @ 4.6v.

Initially had great throat hits with my first two carto's with every vape. But once they died off i started using the other carto and found it dropped off after a couple of vapes. needed to give them a break between vaping to get a throat hit. Getting good vapour though.

Wondering if I'm expecting too much from my vaping? is three hits inside a minute too much? is it normal to give it a min break between hits? or if i've not broken them in properly? really disappointed cos i'm missing the consistency of my analogs. But NOT the taste of the analogs.

Using my own juices which are approx 70%pg, 30%vg @ 15-17mg nicotine.

Taking long slow drags to the point that that my twist is switching between variable voltage and regulated voltage...and back again.

Am i using dud carto's? I'm switching between an old one used for 6 days or so (still giving a couple of throat hits between breaks) and a new one which isn't giving hardly any throat hits at all.

Would appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance.
    bethydy likes this.

when I started 2 weeks ago the tip hardly left my mouth, I was missing that 7 second hit of nic, since then the time between vapes has grown.

Each vape I'll take about 4-5 hits then it'll be 15-20mins before the next set if you know what I mean? Dr Pat's was a fairly mild smoke so I never really had that throat hit.

AVF Regular
    Thanks heaps for the quick response.

For me i smoked rollies the throat hit is as important as the nicotine.

I started with a borrowed ego t with ce4 clearomizer and didn't have any problems with that...liked it...

since then i've upgraded to a twist, ce5 v3, then these carto's....and haven't seemed able to get it all right. terribly frustrating

AVF Regular
    Couple of things I reckon:

Nic level is too low - if 18mg isn't doing it for you go 24mg and then bump down after a couple of weeks.
    Get lower resistance cartos and run at a lower voltage.
    Most cartos will want to be run at a lower voltage at first then bump them up to desired voltage.
    Have no experience with Smoktech cartos save for the new mesh ones - I'd either use them or VKS ones. Those cartos just might not be that great.

Three hits inside a minute isn't that much at all, I'd normally take 10 or so in that amount of time.

If you're taking a 15 second drag you're definately not getting enough vapor - see my too high ohm not enough volt point.

AVF Regular
    silly question...to run the carto in at lower voltage first....how long do i do that for, before bumping it up?

I had a feeling i was using a too high an ohm'age on my twist....will try for lower ohm'age next purchase.

also i'm getting plenty of vapour....that is definately not a problem....just the throat hit is lacking....also bumping it up to my max of 4.8v. will try that whilst reading all the posts.

thanks heaps for your opinions.
    Last edited by Samtron; 12-06-13 at 05:33 PM.

AVF Regular
    I usually just take a couple of toots, then bump it up 0.2, rinse and repeat until you reach desired volts.

You could just have a dud carto, they're notoriously inconsistent although I've found filling then properly and then slowly raising the volts seems to do wonders.
    Lil Loco likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    Running an ego twist with smok tech 2.5ohm carto's @ 4.6v.
    This is probably part of the problem too. At 2.5 ohms you probably want to be close to 5volts which the Twist cannot get to. Best to go for low res cartos / atties on a Twist.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    well that sucks considering i just invested me in 10 of them...before coming on here and starting the thread that is...

love your pic ay...super troopers is my most quoted movie of all time...

and i'm stumped why it gives me a few mad vapes before dying out on me....just had a few tokes after a workout and dinner....so since my posts earlier....and getting a mad throat hit...but i promise ya's...it'll die after 3 or 4 hits....

cheers guys appreciate all your input and time. Gonna invest me in some lower carto's...and maybe a ego SLB for now...ah....besides vapebar and ecigmodshop....any ideas on where to get carto's that are single coil and low ohm's for my twist?
    Last edited by Samtron; 12-06-13 at 09:17 PM.

Good to see you Sammy ;-)

Smoktech XL Dual Coil Cartomizers in Black and Orange for e cigarettes
    Here is one place you could try Sammy

Oops just saw you wanted single coil...ummmm...never used single so I am not sure about that one
    Last edited by bethydy; 13-06-13 at 07:00 AM. Reason: saw op wanted single coil, not dual
    Samtron likes this.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast