Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A question for the tobacco heads

A question for the tobacco heads

By tobacco heads, I mean vapers who use tobacco leaf extracted juice. Why would you vape rather than use a device like this?

Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

I am told there are minimal emissions from this product and that because it doesn't look anything like a cigarette you could pretty much do it wherever you wanted. The tobacco is not burned.

I have no connection whatever with this product, nor am I advocating its use. But I am curious why people seeking tobacco flavours are still vaping rather than doing something like this.

Super Moderator
    My gear doesn't look like a cigarette ... and I sometimes use unflavoured, sometimes sweet flavour and sometimes steeped tobacco flavoured, all at 16mg/ml ...
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    NA man ya use that for weed don't insult such a brilliant device with mere tobacco!
    Stomp and Olfella like this.

Would be interesting to know what smell it gives off. One of the biggest winners from vaping is the low and pleasant smells that it emits.

AVF Regular
    I've vaped 4 different herbs and they all stunk out the house. Dry herb vapourizers work a bit differently mate.

Quote Originally Posted by gregds View Post
    Would be interesting to know what smell it gives off. One of the biggest winners from vaping is the low and pleasant smells that it emits.
    It's a vapouriser, just like we use, except it vapourises vegetable matter rather than PG/VG and flavours. Hence there are no 'fumes'. So the 'sidestream' aspect would, I presume, be identical to vaping, minus the vaper from PG/VG.

Stoners have been using them for ages, but this is the first one I have seen that fits in the palm of your hand. My question of tobacco fans is why not go 'all the way' to a device like this?

I used to use an iolite and a wispr to vape pipe tobacco. Its a bit of a hassle, messy, the vapour isn't very satisfying, you still have to buy tobacco at tobacco prices and overall it isn't a great experience. These are really meant for occasional hits of herb.
    Life is too short for genesis atomisers and pbusardo reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    I've vaped 4 different herbs and they all stunk out the house. Dry herb vapourizers work a bit differently mate.
    I don't doubt it. But if the temperature setting is correct and it is vapourising and not combusting then it should only be vapour, right?

And even if it smells of tobacco...how is that a problem in your own house, if you specifically want tobacco aromas?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoNeutrino View Post
    I used to use an iolite and a wispr to vape pipe tobacco. Its a bit of a hassle, messy, the vapour isn't very satisfying, you still have to buy tobacco at tobacco prices and overall it isn't a great experience. These are really meant for occasional hits of herb.
    This particular model is sold with tobacco modules. I assume like those goofy coffee pods you have to buy their consumables. Which limits you to the tobacco they sell you and the other herbal mixes. I'm guessing it is preset in some way to be the right temperature for vapourising tobacco.

Mmm, not sure what to make of it. Maybe a couple of years back it might have stuck a chord. These days as much as I like my Del's Ultimate Pipe, I couldn't go back to the real tobacco in any way.
    Not bagging it, just doesn't sound like my kettle of fish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast