Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Not sure where to start

Not sure where to start

Hello everyone, I've recently become a little interested in vaping to help 'cut-down' my current smoking addiction. Currently I go through maybe 2-3 packs of cigarettes a week and want to cut down to maybe 1 a week or so and maybe eventually quit altogether. But looking online I see so many starter kits and am not sure where to start, I also don't want to spend a fortune at the moment for something that I'm not fully committed to just yet but want something to give me a good idea of how this can help me. Any advice pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated, thank you.

AVF Regular
    Hiya
    Good for you
    Where are you situated, GF? There may be someone nearby who can help you more easily.
    Are you in a hurry?
    Are you wanting nicotine straight off?
    Would you rather shop locally for everything barring nicotine? Or would you rather shop overseas initially and get it all in one hit?
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Hi I'm situated in Melbourne, I'm not so much in a hurry so that's okay. I'm not sure where to go with the nicotine, I don't think I'd be too confident in mixing, and I'm not sure what kind of flavour I'd be interested in yet.
    I was looking into this for a starter kit,
    Vision eGo-T starter kit
    It seems to be able to do the job I'm looking for, and at a cheap price too!
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    That's a good starter, but you can get it a lot cheaper by shopping around.
    Like this, perhaps?
    $15.25 EGO-T 7-in-1 USB Rechargeable 1100mAh Electronic Cigarettes Health Keeping Set - single e-cigarette / euro adapter / L bag / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Not sure about the juice, though.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    For reasonably good start up liquids i would recommend Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories and get a variety of flavours in 15ml and strengths ranging from 18 and 12 mg and for the pg/vg mix just go there house blend for now. you can also order flavourless nic from them (go for 36 mg) this will be used for mixing with local doublers down the track. now if u were to get 10 15 ml bottles and a flavourless nic your will be looking at around $100 shipped but the premixed stuff will last you a good 3 months and the 200+mls of flavourless alot longer.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome greyfox That kit you have linked would be a good place to start and delivered pretty quickly

Ah thanks for the advice guys, I did end up ordering that starter kit, unfortunately it's the weekend so I'm probably going to have to wait until Tuesday or so . I also bought a few e-liquids from that site, hoping to find one I like, and I also plan on purchasing some nicotine e-liquids from the site mentioned above, does anyone know delivery times I would be expecting?, Also I've never tried an e-cig before, how harsh on the throat is it compared to a normal cigarette? I do hope it still has that harsh feeling when inhaling!
    Last edited by greyfox; 14-06-13 at 11:43 PM.

AVF Regular
    Welcome!

Probably around two weeks, but sometimes faster from Mt Baker Vapor. Be sure to try a good variety from whoever you end up getting juice from. Try some tobaccos, fruit, drink and dessert types. You may be surprised as to what you end up liking.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    welcome when I first started vaping, I went into it with a view of swapping from smoking to vaping over a period of time. I allowed myself 3 months. after 2 weeks, I had my first smoke free day. it's now well over 3 months since I had a smoke. I was a 30 - 35 rollie a day smoker for more than 30 years. it's pretty amazing what vaping can do for you!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greyfox View Post
    Ah thanks for the advice guys, I did end up ordering that starter kit, unfortunately it's the weekend so I'm probably going to have to wait until Tuesday or so . I also bought a few e-liquids from that site, hoping to find one I like, and I also plan on purchasing some nicotine e-liquids from the site mentioned above, does anyone know delivery times I would be expecting?, Also I've never tried an e-cig before, how harsh on the throat is it compared to a normal cigarette? I do hope it still has that harsh feeling when inhaling!
    It all depends on Nic levels and Pg/Vg ratios but if u like a nice strong hit 18mg nic and 80pg/20 vg should do the trick for u
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast