Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New vaper here

AVF Regular

New vaper here

New vaper here

Been smoking for roughly 15 years (omg I can't believe it has been that long!). I'v tried to quit the cancer sticks with gum and patches, as well as cold turkey more times than I can count! I was feeling so dispirited from constantly failing.

I had never even heard of e-cigarettes until a couple of weeks ago (I know I live under a rock when I saw an article on the SMH website and I saw all of the positive comments from people on making the switch from smokes and I decided to give it a go. I stupidly bought a cigalike kit. Wow it was total and utter crap. I will never feel the same about grape flavouring again, awful doesnt cover it!!!. Luckily by this stage I had discovered this website and found that there were better products out there and I got the Ultimate Starter kit from Vapebar. Wow it was a world of difference. I ordered some premixed juices from the states, which have arrived. I'm not particularly liking the flavours but I really think this is going to work. Since Tuesday I have only had two or three a day which is unheard of for me. I think once I find flavours I like, I will be able to kick the ciggs completely.

I have a question, when you are using clearomisers, are you able to vape with citrus flavors? Or will it damage the clearomisers?

So many flavours to try! I can't wait!

Hi emmeline, yes, you should be ok to vape citrus flavours, I do it with my clearos and no problems; some flavour will gunk up the wicks quicker so you might need to clean them more, but I've never had any problems.

AVF Regular
    citrus flavours can crack plastic type clearos. I've never tried them, so can't say from personal experience, but just be prepared that you might lose a clearo if you use citrus in a plastic one. glass and pyrex ones are better for citrus and some other juices, like cinnamon and stuff.

oh, and welcome you're doing fantastic to be down to 2 or 3 a day!
    lheamfrg likes this.

AVF Regular
    Wishing you the best of luck with your vaping adventure

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the replies. I might buy some more clearos and give it a whirl. I love citrus flavours.

This website has been great, loads of useful info :-)

AVF Regular
    Welcome!

Citrus and cinnamon flavours may crack some clearos. For example, Mt Baker Vapor lists a pretty long list of potentially damaging ones here. But it varies depending on the juice manufacturer and which carto you're using. Your options are to just try it (you'll see the result pretty quickly), or invest in something like a Kanger Protank which has a pyrex tank. The other option is to go to a carto/tank system, and get a pyrex tank like the new smoktech one.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    Thank you for all the information and encouragement.

I have a question (I hope it is not a stupid one). I just ordered a whole lot of samples from The Plume Room. I have just realised that some of the juices I ordered say this "If you are using a "Stardust"-type of tank, I recommend thinning for easier wicking." What does this mean and should I ask for it, as I do use a Stardust?

AVF Regular
    if a juice is too thick, it won't travel up the wick to the coil properly. some people thin their juice with a couple of drops of distilled water or vodka, usually if they're vaping juice with a high vg content, cos vg is thicker than pg.

AVF Regular
    It probably just means those juices are have a higher VG (Vegetable Glycerin) content. E-juice bases are various ratios of VG to PG (Propyl Glycol).

VG is a thicker consistancy and gives more vapour, but also takes a bit longer to soak into the wick. I wouldn't worry about your stardusts, I've vaped VG juices in them without much of a problem. If you notice a burnt taste after a while it might be that it's not wicking well (the wick is too dry and therefore burning), then you can dilute the juice.

Not exactly sure how you do that, but I think it's just a matter of adding a few drops of water or vodka to the juice?

AVF Regular
    Snap Kay!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast