Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Some advice please

Some advice please

I posted this in the introduction thread , but thought I'd start a thread rather than clog it up.

Quote Originally Posted by banger View Post
    I got a mate in the uk to recommend me some stuff , which I ordered from vapebar.

1 x Joye eGo USB Charger Cable <== should be 2x
    1 x Joyetech eGo Carry Case
    (Colour: Black, Size: X-Large)
    2 x eGo-C Twist
    (Capacity: 900mAh (7-9 hours per charge), Choose Colour: Matte Black)
    2 x Kanger EVOD BCC <== these work well, but you'll be cleaning them everyday with the juice you've chosen
    (Choose Colour: Matte Black, Choose Resistance: 1.8ohm Low Resistance)
    1 x Kanger EVOD BCC Replacement Coils
    (Choose Resistance: 2.2ohm) <== should be 1.8ohm, but 2.2 is okay with the twist batteries

then I ordered a sample pack from the alchemists cupboard. I bought 5x10 ml sample pack , flavours , Egg custard ,Lemon &Lime,Pear drops,Choc covered strwberrys,apple pie.

and also ordered EL TORO VIRGINIA PRIME 60ml - 24mg from houseofliquid. <== good stuff

What do you think ?

Comments were made by gtadmin.

Thanks for the advice . I've been advised by my mate to get some Innokin iClear 16 to vape the El Toro . Is this a good option . I really want this to be easy and not have to fiddle too much with things . If there are other options that are reasonably cheap , say under $10 , what are they and will they be better .

Thanks in advance

CCC
    I think you have a great start. You may be interested in mixing your own liquids in the future because it works out to be a lot cheaper than buying premixed stuff from overseas. Its really easy you just get 48mg unflavoured nic liquid from overseas (rtsvapes has good stuff) then you get doublers made locally like from vapebar and mix them 50/50 to end up with 24mg juice.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I think you have a great start. You may be interested in mixing your own liquids in the future because it works out to be a lot cheaper than buying premixed stuff from overseas. Its really easy you just get 48mg unflavoured nic liquid from overseas (rtsvapes has good stuff) then you get doublers made locally like from vapebar and mix them 50/50 to end up with 24mg juice.
    That's my plan but will wait for a couple of weeks and see how I'm going . What would you recommend for vaping the El Toro . I'm not sure I want to be cleaning them everyday being the lazy sod that I am . Is the Innokin iClear 16 the way to go or is there something else I should be looking at ?

Super Moderator
    The El Toro range of juices leaves a residue on the coils very quickly, and require cleaning or replacing with the spares you have. I'm cleaning them everyday, and replacing them between 1 and 2 weeks.

To clean, unscrew the base from the tank.
    1. Wiggle the metallic ~3mm tube until it comes off, exposing the wicks and coil. These have 2, small, floating wicks, just remove and set to one side.
    2. Wash the remaining wick with warm/hot water (I nuke the base and coil assy in a mug with 15mm of water in it in the microwave for a minute.
    3. Pad dry with a tissue.
    4. Place just the base and coil assy back on a battery.
    5. Pulse the battery on for about 10 seconds, then off for 10 seconds. Keep doing this until the coil turns red almost immediately, and no smoke comes off.
    6. Remove the base and coil assy, chuck it back in the same mug as in step 2, and nuke for 30 seconds.
    7. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
    8. Instead of pulsing 10 on, 10 off, this time you should only pulse 2 on, 2 off until the wick looks dry but don't glow the coil.
    9. Replace the two, small floating wicks.
    10. Replace the tube from step 1, ensure the silicon cap seats correctly.
    11. Fill the tank up, and screw it on the base.
    12. Enjoy
    margyb likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

The gear from vapebar turned up today and it looks and feels fantastic . Will I need to charge the batteries before using them. My plan is to get of the cigarettes as soon as the juice arrives .
    Roxxiiangel likes this.

AVF Regular
    batteries are usually shipped around 70-80% charged, but i always charge before first use.

Ok , thanks

Banger,

I can't comment on the juice choices and how compatible they may be, but I use the iCear 16's (the dual coil ones) and can heartily recommend them. I started with a stardust starter kit then went the iClear as an experiment and was blown away at the extra vapour. Then read the Innokin web-site and realised I should have been using the 1.5ohm ones as I'm using standard eGo batteries (non VV). Bought a few replacement coils and found they are another step again. The standard iClears are 2ohm so as you identified aove, shouldn't be a prob with a twist whichever one you choose.

Only trouble I'm finding with the iClears is that using the 1.5ohm coil on a 1300mAh eGo, I'm finding it hard to justify lusting after some of the mods I've seen and want... Maybe ignorance is bliss... But I'm happy with them

I ordered 2 of the iClear 16s yesterday , I'm hoping to stick with these and my kanga evods for a few months at least before I allow myself to get tempted by the bling .

AVF Regular
    Hey banger...I vape El Toro daily on iclears..cos I drive a lot an its easy...but as GT said u have to dry burn daily...its no biggie..I can even do it while driving now ..its just takes a minute...just keep the power on till the smoke stops...you won't pop the coil..el toro is hard on anything u use...nature of the beast but u gotta sacrifice something if you use premium soaked juice...1.5ohm will give u a very warm vape...2ohm is better imo...grab a hand full of spare coils too...the clearo will last a good 3-4 weeks with the daily unscrewing so not too bad...when it starts leaking time to toss it...it will eventually come loose at the base of the plastic tube..where it meets the steel band..they are a good choice mate as far as clearos go..an El Toro rules...:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast