Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Taste lost

AVF Regular

Taste lost

I've been vaping full time now for about 6 weeks and have no side effects until now,my favourite juices that I have been loven now taste very subtle to the point I refilled a snickers with a lemon meringue as I couldn't really taste the difference,is this a common thing,I have rebuilt my atty 5 times the last 2 days thinken I stuffed something but my other clearos are tasting the same,hope this will pass as I have ordered about 400ml of flavours through Alice in vapeland and really want to taste their flaves,I haven't had a cold recently it just happens 2 days ago.cheers

AVF Regular
    Don't worry Toddosh it has happened to lots of us. Some vape no flavour nic and give the flavours a miss for a while
    I will see if I can find the thread that mentions it

AVF Regular
    it happens, unfortunately. dunno why, but sometimes, the taste disappears on me, too, or everything takes on the same taste ... that of dirty dishwater. it does pass. i find vaping flavourless for a day or two seems to reset my taste buds some how. i have heard that some flavours are worse for it than others. apples type flavours, for example, apparently have diminishing returns, and the loss of taste of them can be permanent once it's gone.

AVF Regular
    Another thing to remember is sometimes the food you eat impacts your taste buds. Ie a salty meal will neutralise sweet Vapes. Garlic and onion and red wine are other culprits. When I was playing around with flavours I had a bag of sugar free lollies in various flavours and would suck one to trigger the tastebuds. Mints clean up salty, fruits particular blackberry or black current help with red wine, butterscotch helps with the garlic and onion.

The other trick is to suck a few grains of sugar. (Not avocating a sugar hit). This enhances any sweet Vapes or neutralises sour Vapes.

AVF Regular
    Cool least it's not just me,might switch to no flav for a day or two,was having a war head at night to get my mouth juices goin but have stopped that so will start that again,cheers guys,prob got another 2-3 weeks for new flaves to arrive so heaps of time

AVF Regular
    This might sound kinda stupid but i find spearmint tic tacs clear you up and bring back some flavour

AVF Regular
    I do have a spearmint Vape and that is the only full flavour I'm still getting

AVF Regular
    yeah I find that if I have a day vaping a menthol or strong mint flavour vape everything tastes good again the next day

AVF Regular
    This happens to me all the time, but thankfully it doesn't last long. If I vape a lot all day, by late evening I can't taste anything.

I look forward to the morning, once I've done my chores and I sit down for my first vape of the day...that's when the flavours taste the best to me.

A long chain-vaping session will result in everything tasting the same too.

AVF Regular
    has happened to me 4 or 5 times - if i use some particularly harsh tobacco flavours it seems to blow out my taste buds for up to a week. Mouthwash and tongue scrappings help a little but not alot
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast