Thread: Clones?

Clones?

Hey all

I ordered some T3's from a (reputable) Aussie site which arrived yesterday. The site states that the brand was Kanger, however what I received were branded 'Tobac BCC'. Should I expect to receive the brand advertised on the site, or is brand substitution a common thing? Nowhere (that I can find) does the product blurb state that another brand may be substituted for that as advertised.

Are clones typically ok? Are clones inferior?

I must say that I'm disappointed with performance of these T3's. One I've had to bin, as it started leaking immediately between the clear plastic and bottom chrome ring. Another I constantly get dry/burnt hits from. None of them appear to screw properly onto my (3) Ego Twists, with cross-threading occurring regularly.

This isn't a rant, nor am I cranky with the vendor - I'm just seeking info on what's considered the done thing in the industry.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Since i stock these i can say that the genuine Kanger T3s will have the Tabac Bcc on them, that's not a Brand name but a "type" of clearomizer sold by Kanger tech,BCC stands for: Bottom Coil Changeable cartomizer

Was it Tobac or Tabac?

Based on what I've read, it appears the Tabac BCC Clearomiser is made by Kanger

AVF Regular
    Yes it is,below is what the real ones will look like
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    Was it Tobac or Tabac?

Based on what I've read, it appears the Tabac BCC Clearomiser is made by Kanger
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry Simon, I was responding to rushn; you and I posted around the same time

Thanks guys,

It's Tabac BCC, written vertically on the clear plastic sleeve. Nowhere does it have Kanger or Kanger Tech branding though.

Cheers