Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Some thoughts and a question or2

Some thoughts and a question or2

Ok , so now it's been 4 hrs vaping , and 4 hrs off the smokes . I'm vaping El toro Virginia Prime 24g with an ego twist and an iclear 16 . I've been smoking Winfield red for years and I have to admit the throat hit from vaping has been a bit of a shock , it's been so severe . I've tried a few voltages between 3.2 and 3.8 but the throat hit is still very very strong . Is this normal ? or should I be changing something . I was also very surprised at how thick the liquid was .

I'm pretty happy with how things are going so far , had no real cravings for a cigarette , but I'm hoping that the throat hit will settle itself down with a little time .

From what I've read, 24mg is pretty high.. that's like full flavoured, unfiltered. Cut down to 16-20mg, should be better or choose a different blend of PG/VG, get less PG.

AVF Regular
    Yes it will settle Down, remember, if you start getting mild headaches its your body telling your taking in too much nicotine,,your mouth will dry out, drink water, if you start getting " narky", have a break from vaping and have a regular analog, you don't have to convert over to vaping in one hit, give your body time to adjust,
    gregds, margyb, Milkman_ and 1 others like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

I'm only new to this too, and anyone else here can tell me if I'm wrong please:

Are you mixing your own juice? Probably lower your nic mix to 20mg or 18mg. If not and you have some PG you could dilute it a little which will bring down your nic mg as well as thin it out a little.

One more thing, counting hours since your last cig would do my head in! I'm now counting weeks and loving it. Try thinking of the $ your saving, better breathing, longer life etc and you'll soon forget about hours!

The extreme throat discomfort is normal when you've just started vaping. Like the others said, it could be due to your high nic content. The vapor dries your throat too, so drinking lots of water is essential.

AVF Regular
    24mg is pretty high but if yr on El Toro it will be 50/50 blend ...so that mellows it down a tad...being new yr throat gets hammered at the start but after a while things change...keep a small bottle of water on hand an keep swigging as uou vape...couple of weeks n it will settle..you'll find its a bigger throat hit than cigs..good luck mate n hang in...yr on the good juice by the way

It's Friday night , beer night . Thanks for putting my mind at rest . I'm not really counting hrs since my last ciggie , I just wanted to give you some idea of how new this all is to me. I was just surprised by the throat hit if I'm honest , I mean I've smoked strong cigarettes basically for 35 yrs , thought I'd burned all those nerve endings years ago .
    lheamfrg likes this.

Retired Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modd View Post
    The extreme throat discomfort is normal when you've just started vaping.
    No, it isn't normal to experience extreme throat discomfort when you start vaping.
    Extreme throat discomfort suggests "you're doin it wrong", and that you need to re-examine all of the elements, until you figure out what's gone wrong.
    fabricator4 likes this.

Well it is slightly better with the voltage down at 3.2V . Would the vape be warmer at 3.6-3.8V and does that affect throat hit ?

AVF Regular
    No idea, it's different for each of us, we find our sweet spot only after experimenting, which is what your doing, the fact you have worked out that the " hit" level is easier on a lower voltage means your on the right path, hopefully some one who runs VV mods will chime in, I'm on a straight mechanical genisis setup,
    lheamfrg and slasha like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast