Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Help a Noob from Brisbane

Hey guys,

Me and my Mrs are keen as to swap from analogues to digitals ASAP!
    We are from Brisbane, i smoke a pack of Choice gold a day, i simply can not afford it anymore and want to start saving money and improving my health slowly by transfering to Ecigs.

Now i dont know too much at all but i would really appreciate if people can-
    1. What should we buy? Where should we buy it from?

Everything we need to start up and give it a go!

Thanks guys in advance and really stoked to have found this alternative!!

AVF Regular
    mousey go to general discussion sticky the device and terms by stoney.heaps to get started with.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    Hi mousy

The Joye eGo seems to be the best place to start, I prefer atties with cartridges but many prefer the tanks. You can also try a lot of different atomisers/cartomizers on the eGo battery, some may need adapters but it will let you try many different styles on the one battery. If you look at it as changing brands you should do just fine provided you realize that smoking gives a different hit to vaping. You shouldn't get head spins or that instant rush that you get from inhaling all that carbon-monoxide and cabon-dioxide and tar and that can take a bit of getting used to but you wont feel like you need a smoke either.

Have a look around the forum and at some of our vendors and watch pleanty of you tube, Docor Vaper and Miss Nomad have some good videos for beginers. It can all be pretty overwhelming at the start so do lots of research and feel free to ask quetions to help you make a decision between devices and flavours etc...

Sorry I dont have all the answers for you right now but everyone is different and is looking for the device/atty/carto/voltage/flavour that suits them, so it pays to do a bit of research. That said many start with the Joye ego but my one word of caution is to avoid anything that looks almost identical to a cigarette because feeding it and carrying a pocket full of batteries will drive you insane.

Looking foward to hearing about your discoveries and helping you come to a final decision

Thanks guys!
    Really appreciate all the help! Will do some reading around the forums, some youtube surfing and will let you know ASAP when i make my decisions!

Just quickly, can some people tell me of their experiences? Going from analogues to digitals...how much you used to smoke analogues and how much money you save now?

Sik
    haha, money saved ? oh dear.

I'm about even, but i have a mild form of a common vapers disease called mustabuyanewmodandtrydifferentstuffallthetimeosis. I'm not as bad as some but i've prolly only saved a small bit of dosh.

I had managed to seriously cut back my dart consumption over the years tho... From a pack a day of 12mgs, to half a pack a day of 4mg Stuyvo's. Was a 15 year smoker from the age of 13 and quit on day 1 of receiving my kit.

Ego is a pretty good platform to start on.... Alternatively if the the thing must look like a cigarette go a 510-T
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    My money saved is in my sig below.

AVF Regular
    I reckon I'm about $700 up after a bit over 5 months, but that will improve rapidly because I've been laying in reserve stocks as gummint idiot-proofing. As close as I can estimate, I'm about $75 per week better off.

Thanks guys
    Been looking at ecigswarehouse to make my purchase...are they good?
    At the moment thinking of either getting-
    510-T starter kit for- $39.50
    or
    Black 510 kit for $ 32

Then obviously i would have to buy some ejuice straight away hey?
    Other than that, is that all i need to get started?

Sik
    Yep pretty much. 510 / 510T arent a bad starting point. Being a heavyish smoker you may get a little frustrated by the battery life... But if you do you can just upgrade your battery to an ego or riva nice and cheap.

Ecigs Warehouse have been good for me.

edit yea, you will need to order nic juice asap.... Delivery from china is usually around 7-10 days when using EMS.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

You'll be needing nic, which will have to come in from overseas due to both our gummits being full of retarded monkeys that aren't fit for intended purpose. I would go this step first and get it underway, greenhouse one have a guaranteed delivery thing so this might prove cheaper in case of the untrained monkeys at customs that aren't fit for their intended purpose either.

get this underway and at your door before jumping in and stopping analogs and you will be fine.

An ego would allow you to experiment with more juice delivery methods like lr cartos etc, they arent cig sized but more like tapered cigar sized and the battery will last a while where as the 510 kits you may need to buy 2 kits each as you will flatten the batteries much quicker than you can recharge.

Personally i like the idea of spares and having enough spares to see you right for as many days as it takes for replacements to be mailed out. same goes for nicotine, it is imperative that you keep enough nicotine to last you as long as it takes to get replacement, this is why most here tend to stockpile like its the cold war.

my shopping list would be along these lines.

3-4 510t kits + 100ml nicotine juice 48mg + doublers from del along with some spare pg or vg to cut the nic juice with and spare bottles(explained below)
    3 ego kits (spares as one is generally always going to be on charge and you can mix and match like as in 1 ego-t and 2x standard or whatever you fancy) + 100ml nic juice 48mg + doublers from del along with the pg or vg and spare bottles (explained below)

crash course in doubling:
    add 50% nico juice to 50% doubler = 100% yummy, 48mg nic juice becomes 24mg flavoured.
    so you can have varying strengths of your final mixed juice take a portion of your 48 mg nic juice and add some standard vg or pg to it to drop the strength, i suggest having a bottle of 24 and 36mg handy for doubling. 24 is easy take 50% 48 nic and add 50% 0mg for 36mg add 75% nic 48 to 25% 0 nic. even if you suck at math you can write down the numbers in a little notebook, its just like baking a cake, but better.

apologies if any of this was all over the place and if it seems more complicated than you'd like it to be but in order to save in the long run along these lines is how you want to do it to avoid taking the easy out and going up the road to the shop and buying a pack of smokes.

Total tally on gear, juice and geeky things so far = ~10000 (oops)
    DNA40/Kayfun Whore; Vaporflask/Vaporshark. 3.1, lite, v4 and a bunch of clones. Fetish for cotton and ni200. Freebasing/vaping Attylube GUV. I've caught the dragon.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast