Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How safe is my juice?

How safe is my juice?

Ok well after a few drinks I decided to have some vape being in the state i was in I didn't fill it properly so when I decided to take in a massive suck of the vape I also took in a lot of nic juice into my mouth and swallowed, it was the worst taste ever lol but my question is how safe is the liquid to consume I guess in small amounts like that it is ok but If I where to say drink 10ml (not that I would )would I get poisoned?

Another question I have is I have 3 kids and they sometimes enter the room I'm vaping in would they be getting any of the nicotine from the clouds of vapor my oldest said to me the other day the clouds smelt sweet now I'm not sure if its because the knows its cherry flavour or she can actually smell it but it makes me wonder if she can smell the flavour she might also be getting some of the nicotine from it as well I have heard otherwise from reading around but I would like to hear what people here have to say about it .
    To be safe I am treating it like normal cigarette smoke I will not let them enter the room till I have finished.

OK, swallowing nic juice probably wont do much harm, well not in the amount you describe, you may get a BIG rush so pay attention, if it was your kids I'd be very concerned as it wont take much to poison little ones.

As for the vapour... 11 seconds is the 1/2 life that is bandied about

It's safe but not smart to drink it :P And No, your kid won't be getting any nicotine. I think recent tests said only 2-3% exhaled was nicotine but those tests would of been blowing directly into whatever the reader was.

AVF Regular
    Have a read of this G Smile

Conclusions
    The above experiment, within the limits of the observed parameters, has underlined that e-smoking does not produce detectable amounts of toxic and carcinogenic substances in the air of an enclosed space. Further studies are needed to better understand all the involved aspects. However this preliminary assessment indicates that passive vaping impact, when compared to the traditional cigarette smoking, is so low that it is just detectable, and it does not have the toxic and carcinogenic characteristics of cigarette smoking. The absence of combustion and the lack of sidestream smoking, with its known toxic effects [2, 6] are probably the main reasons for the differences observed in air pollution characteristics between e-cigarettes and tobacco smoking. On the base of the obtained results and on ARPA data about urban pollution, we can conclude by saying that could be more unhealthy to breath air in big cities compared to staying in the same room with someone who is vaping.

link
    http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2013/02/13...csa-itaeng.pdf

Reference for toxicity
    Nicotine poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This follows several other toxicology studies.
    Guttersmile likes this.

Thanks for the info guys it is good to know it's not harming my little ones as I have always smoked outside away from them now its winter and I'm vaping I prefer to do it inside I just have to get my other half to read all this she does not mind me vaping in my computer room but is still not happy with the idea of it inside .

Swallowing it probably is not a big concern in little amounts my juice Nicotine Content:0.24ml @ 12mg so from what I have read I would need a lot more than that
    The probable lethal dose of nicotine has been reported as between 40 and 60 milligrams
    from the wiki link posted

@KamaKaZzie I would be very concerned if it were one of the kids who got into it but have taken precautions to make sure that won't happen all my nic,flavours,pg/vg,juice,bottles and mixing equipment is in child proof bottles stored in a stainless steel box with a lock on it on the top shelf of my cupboard where they cannot get to it .

Hi and welcome guttersmile

I have 4 kids, a bit older than yours from the sounds, mine range from 22 down to 9. I have no hesitation vaping around them, as I have read all the available literature and came to the conclusion they were more at harm from inhaling CO2 crossing a busy road.

I think you will be safe in your computer room, as will your kids if they come in. As others have said, the nic has a really short life on the exhale, and PG/VG have good benefits (they used to blow PG through kids hospital wards!) and you are making the environment smell nice. All up that's called winning, for you and your family.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    As others have said, I wouldn't be too concerned about a bit of second hand vapour. Swallowing 10ml on the other hand, would be extremely hazardous.

AVF Regular
    Most vendors use child proof bottles so it shouldnt be too big a problem i dont really approve of the ones that dont. they put hazardous to children when ingested labels on them and yet wont use childproof caps . and your going to swallow a bit of juice every now and again it happens. simplest solution is the same as any other substance just keep it out of there reach and you should be fine
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    My children complain when the tv dissapears .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast