Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ordering/mixing

Fox

Ordering/mixing

Hi all, after attempting to go without nicotine, I think I'm going to have to order some today. I am enjoying vaping without but I can see there is a level of satisfaction I won't be able to reach without nic in my juice. I am going to order a bottle or two of premixed nic juice, but I've got so many bottles of juice already (0% nic) that I want to order some nicotine to hopefully mix so they don't go to waste. The problem is that they aren't doublers...

This is one of my flavours to show what I've got
    JoyeTech eJuice | Apple | eLiquid
    Is it possible to put nicotine in something like that and still have a nice vape with it?

I'm also going to order this nicotine:
    Plain Unmixed PG/VG (any recommendations there?)

And this to help mixing:
    eJuice DIY Starter Kit - Vapebar

Is there anything else I'll need? Perhaps from this list... Unflavoured Mixing Liquid or elsewhere?

If I can mix the standard flavours I already have, how should I do this? I've tried looking at YouTube vids but haven't found a very helpful one for a total noob yet. Also as my flavours aren't doublers I don't know if that changes the mixing process, on the side of the box for my juice it says "Drop 3-4 drops onto a dry nicotine. Re-fill the cartridge, replace it back into the Atomizer and smoke as normal." (??)

I also have one wizards brew sampler doubler which says it "is designed to be mixed in a 1:1 ratio or 50% with an unflavoured mixing juice."

Anyone have any advice for what I'm currently working with here or tips for mixing for a newbie? I got a bit carried away with my initial order and would hate to see the seven 30ml bottles I have go to waste now that I want to bring nicotine into the equation.

Hey Fox
    you are on the right track, in that you need some blunt syringes for mixing purposes and a few empty bottles etc. However, you also need nic, and the nic you have linked to is pretty pricey, and will be shipped from overseas (more overseas than NZ)

You need to find somewhere that sells everything you need in the one place. The unflavoured nic, the equipment, and either some flavour concentrates in the same flavours you already have, or the same sort of juice in a higher mg strength you want, so you can mix it with what you have to meet at a strength somewhere in the middle. For example a 0mg and a 24mg apple juice will result in a 12mg apple juice with no loss of flavour. all in the one place. Cuts down on 2-3 lots of postage.

I would be inclined if I were you to buy premix juice in 36mg. Mix it with your 0mg juice of the same (or similar) flavour, and you will end up with that flavour in 18mg.

EcigExpress | Electronic Cigarettes, e-Liquid and DIY Flavorings in the US sell flavour concentrates, mixing equipment and unflavoured nic at a reasonable price. They also sell premix stuff, from memory. I am sure there are others who sell everything in the one place as well, but other people will come along and may advise differently.

Good luck
    KamaKaZzie likes this.

Hello Fox, I was like you and was vaping without nic for a while but found I wasnt getting the satisfaction, I was also using nic patches at the time but was missing that TH you get with nicotine. I started out only on 12mg as I had quit the analogs for nearly 3 months anyway by this time so didnt want to overdo it and now have reduced down to a happy 6mg of nic. Anyway, the amount of nic you use is for you to discover but the wizards brew you have should be good to mix with nic as its a doubler and 100% PG. I am sure you will get heaps of help here as I am finding :-) Goodluck

Fox
    Thanks for the response.

So you think I shouldn't get that stuff I've linked? The only reason I went for them really is because the equipment will come from WA and the nic from NZ so I will get it in a couple of days as opposed to a couple of weeks from the US.

So if I followed your example with the 36mg premixed (the strength is always labelled when buying yes?), then would I just pour half into an empty 30ml bottle and then fill the other half with my 0mg and give it a shake? Or could I just pour half and half straight into my clearo?

I am guessing that adding some pure nic to my 0mg juice is not on then/won't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Thanks for the response.

So you think I shouldn't get that stuff I've linked? The only reason I went for them really is because the equipment will come from WA and the nic from NZ so I will get it in a couple of days as opposed to a couple of weeks from the US.

So if I followed your example with the 36mg premixed (the strength is always labelled when buying yes?), then would I just pour half into an empty 30ml bottle and then fill the other half with my 0mg and give it a shake? Or could I just pour half and half straight into my clearo?

I am guessing that adding some pure nic to my 0mg juice is not on then/won't work?
    I would mix half and half straight into a bottle. More accurate and less hassle than straight into clearo. I hear ya re the shipping time. The nic from the site you linked will probably get to you the fastest, and you can always order from elsewhere later on if required.

All you really need to mix your juices is some syringes and blunt needles. You can get these anywhere..many pharmacies sell them. You are in QLD? So is DIY Supplies for Electronic Cigarettes so that may cut down on shipping times.

Yes, strength is always labelled on the nic bottles.

Guessing that adding pure wouldn't work? If you are talking about uncut, pure nic, no. Far too hard to get percentages right at best, and not a product any sane vaper will recommend. Plus it's a big no-no and health risk just smelling the stuff. It can kill you.

When starting to use nic, you may have to try a few different strengths to see what is best for you. Hence I recommend starting at 18mg. So yeah, doing it the way I said above will be the easiest and cheapest way to nicotinise your 0mg mixes and leave you with something vapeable.
    KamaKaZzie likes this.

If you want to still use your current batch of liquids and not waste them you cold always try and find similar flavours O/S that have nic in them and order the highest available. Most are 24mg but some go as high as 36mg so if you order the same flavours you could mix them in the same qtys and that would give you half the nic. 30ml 0mg + 30 ml 24mg would give you 60ml 12mg etc.
    You could also try adding flavour concentrates. So mix your zero nic Apple 50/50 with some nic and then get some apple concentrate flavour and add to taste.

Also if you can make it to the Calamvale Hotel on a Friday we are always swapping juice, we don't like, with each other ( wow that doesn't sound right ) and would be glad to help out
    Well at least Vaping has stopped my god awful wheezing

I have been using up my single flavours with 36mg nic (50/50) to get 18mg flavoured nic. All good.

You may find that some doublers will be a bit on the sweet side. You could then mix a 75/25 blend (nic/doubler). Then you would have to add some PG or VG to bring the nic level to 18mg.

Have a look at these pre-mixed juices. You might find something you like.... 2089 Electronic Cigarettes (Peripheral Type: E-Liquid) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I'm currently vaping the Hangsen 555. Very nice.

Fox
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    Guessing that adding pure wouldn't work? If you are talking about uncut, pure nic, no. Far too hard to get percentages right at best, and not a product any sane vaper will recommend. Plus it's a big no-no and health risk just smelling the stuff. It can kill you.
    Ah by "pure nic" I just meant like the bottle from the link. That unflavoured nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by vreidisgod View Post
    If you want to still use your current batch of liquids and not waste them you cold always try and find similar flavours O/S that have nic in them and order the highest available. Most are 24mg but some go as high as 36mg so if you order the same flavours you could mix them in the same qtys and that would give you half the nic. 30ml 0mg + 30 ml 24mg would give you 60ml 12mg etc.
    You could also try adding flavour concentrates. So mix your zero nic Apple 50/50 with some nic and then get some apple concentrate flavour and add to taste.

Also if you can make it to the Calamvale Hotel on a Friday we are always swapping juice, we don't like, with each other ( wow that doesn't sound right ) and would be glad to help out
    I am back at work now so I'll be at work during the day on Fridays unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapdad View Post
    You may find that some doublers will be a bit on the sweet side. You could then mix a 75/25 blend (nic/doubler). Then you would have to add some PG or VG to bring the nic level to 18mg.
    Yeah this kind of talk I still don't understand how to do that or what it means really haha

Fox
    Actually, looking at the label on my juice and online, the JoyeTech juice only goes up to 16mg. No higher. So adding a 36/24mg of the same juice is out.

Could I get 36mg Nic (straight VG or PG/VG mix?) and add some to the 0% joyetech eJuice without ruining it?

AVF Regular
    its fairly simple with mixing for doublers.
    wat you need is a doubler from an aussie vendor such as vapeking get there fuss free mixer option which is a half filled bottle of doubler which you would then add to this either a 36 for 18 mg juice or 24 for 12 mg juice.

you would then need flavourless nic Our Unflavored Smoke Juice (Nic. Juice, Nicotine Juice) - My Freedom Smokes

top up your doubler bottle with the flavourless nic. replace the lid and put in drawer for a week away from lite sources to let steep. (some people will leave the lids off some dont) and you will have a nice full flavoured liquid.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast