Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1st time RBA attempt!

1st time RBA attempt!

Hi all,

Well I've had my first crack at a RBA...mmmmmmmm not sure, I'll have to practice a bit more I think.

I was so keen to get into it I've thrown one together, and everything just tastes burnt at the moment! Will need to take a little more time with oxidisation of the wire and mesh, and I also need to start writing sh*t down for future reference, materials used etc (this applies to my juice too!).

I purchased a AGA T2 but haven't set this up yet, this, my first attempt is with a Richman RBA. Seems like a well built unit and I'm certainly not blaming this for my issues, I'm absolutely certain I've done something not quite right. I tried Todds 'drill bit method' for the coil and this worked a treat!

I was so into it I nearly took a chuff on picture no: 2 !!!!

Also, could someone tell me how close should my wrapped wick be to the centre positive post?

A couple of pics!

IMAG0500.jpgIMAG0499.jpg
    vreidisgod likes this.

AVF Regular
    congrats on your first rba built and the coil looks great no hot spot... you can put a 2 small washer on the positive post so no need to bend the coil. but from the looks of your built i think it is spot on now just add some silica or ss mesh and thats it...
    FOCharlie likes this.

AVF Regular
    Good job man.'

I think the burnt taste inidcates a short. I'll let someone more experienced confirm though.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

just to give you clearer picture, remove the wick from the coil and check your resistance, insert it again and make sure it match. do this once so you have rough idea number of wraps equal to xxxx resistance for future build

if it match that means you shouldnt really get any hotspots, if you get burnt taste, try to remove the filler screw probably it wasnt wicking properly.
    vreidisgod likes this.

AVF Regular
    what ohms/resistance rating of your coil probably to low and what volts are you on... if it is to low maybe it' s overcooking the juice so to speak.

Thanks for all the replies and tips...I'll check this over tonight when I get a second to scratch my arse! (my day looking after the 2 yr old and trying to cook tea!)

lol understand your pain mate, i have built my coil once while holding my 2 year old, now that's like having my back tattooed in a moving vehicle
    FOCharlie likes this.

I made my first two last night with a smoktech RSST, the vape is great and so is the taste but I need more practise. I want to get the ohms up so I can use it on my regulated mods. First one was .8 ohm, second was 1.1, that was after just a quick watch of the Busardo vid which is here:

This video is great, the Petar K method. I'll be trying a new one shortly doing it this way.

I have a Z-Atty-Pro in the mail, I figure the method is pretty much common across the board.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    Are you tilting enough to get the wick wet?, it was a bad habit of mine not to tilt when I started, looking good though for a first attempt mate,
    Last edited by RichoVonBlack; 25-06-13 at 06:30 PM.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Are you tilting enough to get the wick wet?, it was a bad habit of mine not to tilt when I started, looking good though for a first attempt mate,

...got out of the kitchen long enough to have a vape...Richo, I think you might be onto something here! In all the things I've read and watched the tilting never clicked to me!

Working great now, still lacking on taste a little but will check ohms / V when I get some time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast