Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Another Newbie Seeking Advice

Another Newbie Seeking Advice

Hi All

This is my first post and I am a real newbie to E-cigs. Haven't even seen one in real life let alone tried one.

I'm from Perth in West Oz and been smoking for about 40 yrs so figure it is time I look for something a bit healthier to do with my spare time. So it is time for me to give E-cigs a go and I would like to start off on the right track, or as close to it as possible.

I've done a fair amount of research and think that the Ego-C Type B is the way to go for me.

Why? Well I think that smoking for me is more about the tactile experience as opposed to the nicotine addiction but I guess the fullness of time will determine that. (I plan to start off with 0 nicotine juice and see what happens. If that doesn't work well I will get some nicotine juice and compare.) I am looking for something that is closer to the size of a cig than a cigar or a milk bottle (you younger folk wouldn't know what that is of course) and I want something that is reasonably simple to fill, maintain and requires the least amount of fiddling about. The vision I have looked at seems to indicate that the Ego cartridges are really easy to fill, the Ego unit is reasonably reliable and performs well and the type B with about twice the capacity will mean less time spent doing refills.

I would really appreciate the advice of the more experienced and knowledgeable members on two issues at this stage of the game:

1. Is there something I'm missing, am I heading down the wrong track? All suggestions would be welcomed.

2. Does anyone know if an Ego-C Type B kit is available in Oz? Best I can find is a Type A kit then buy the extras to turn it into a Type B (makes it a bit pricey!). One Oz supplier has told me that the Ego-C only comes as a Type A kit and then pointed me to their Ego fantastic kit which comes with clearomisers but I am not convinced that's the way to go for me as I think I would soon tire of the fiddlie refilling.

At the end of the day I just want to get a good reliable unit that I don't have to spend all of my time fiddling with. Perhaps I'm dreaming. Please let me know.

Regards
    Kevin
    margyb and lheamfrg like this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome BigKev. Ego's are a great start. Get what you think will work for you

I think a lot of vendors now sell the clearos with starter kits because they hold more juice and less fluffing around. One way would be to get an inexpensive kit locally then use fasttech to get your type B attys

Electronic Cigarette eGo-T Starter Kit - Cobra Kit A

Found 302 ego atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Another thing to consider is juice. Make sure you get enough to keep you going at the beginning, also if you need nic juices you will need to import them from o/seas

a couple of threads hat might give you some direction with some good ideas

Looking to start vaping. need some help/direction :)

Newbie shopping list Edited

Welcome BigKev

You are certainly heading in the right direction. Got the ego bit right. But like lheamfrg says, clearo's are the way to go. So much easier to deal with than the tank systems that come with the ego's, and much cheaper to just buy your batteries and clearo's, either separately or in a kit that one of the Aussie vendors has made up.

If you start off with at least two batteries, you can have one on charge while using the other one. And you can always buy spare/extra batteries and clearo's as you need/want them. I just buy coloured clearo's now, and colour code my juice types. So my mint/menthol mixes get a green one, my bubblegum's get pink. my musk gets purple, my citrus gets yellow etc. It's easier than cleaning them out to put a different juice in.

Also need a couple of chargers to charge the batteries - always have a spare on hand. And then you need juice.

You are not the first person to come in and say you intend to go nic free to begin with. I do not want to put you off this, but the majority of people will then come back and say "oops, I should have started with nic"

But by all means try it nic free first, and see how you go. You may be one of the ones that can handle it. Just remember, it is far better to use a juice with nic than ever be tempted to smoke again. And once you start vaping, your urge for a smoke will just go away al on its own. It's like a little bit of magic that has to be experienced to be believed.

At least not using nic at first you can get your juice immediately. Just buy yourself some premix juice from any of our Aussie vendors, and if it is a doubler (double flavour) then you just add PG/VG to cut it down. If using nic, you usually mix these with a nic mix that is double the strength you vape at. If that makes sense.

Anyway, you have some great links above, so have a read through then ask any questions you may have. No such thing as a stupid question when you are starting your vaping journey.

Good luck.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    I think your best bet would be to get some hand on instruction in use of kits best bet would be to go onto eCig | Electronic Cigarettes | e-Cig Accessories | eJuice Australia (the are based in perth and send them a message and you can organise to go in and make your purchases in person. AFAIK they dont have an actualy shop front but they do allow pick ups.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Ego twist batteries + a few different clearos. Juice from overseas.
    Milkman_ likes this.

Hi kev.

Are you excited?
    308hjute, izmali and plugs4 like this.

Hi All

Big thanks to those who have provided advice, all good grist for the mill.

No doubt I will make some mistakes along the way but we all have to start somewhere and the theory will only get me so far. The actual hands on experience will no doubt point me in the right direction.

Phil Busardo has certainly been taking up a fair bit of my spare time lately. Like his vision and he seems to know what he's talking about, accepting that a lot of the advice is pretty subjective anyway.

Done a fair amount of research on starter kits and given that there is not a huge price difference I've decided to go with a Ego-C kit and also get a couple of clearos so I can make the comparison. If I prefer the tanks I can always upgrade to Type B later.

Now I need to do a bit of research on juice. I'm away for the next two weeks so figure that will give me about a week to sort out the juice, put my order in and I should have a package waiting for me when I get home.

Milkman, got to say while I'm probably getting a bit too old to get excited about anything I am looking forward to getting started on this new journey. I guess the thing I am probably most "excited" about is how I will respond to what will amount to a reasonably significant change in my life. I have been doing the same thing (with same taste) for about 40yrs and I can't even begin to imagine how I will react to the change to chocolate, lemon pie or whatever. What do you think goes best with a dry red?

Anyway I plan to get a selection of flavours to begin with, try a few and take it from there.

Regards to all and thanks again
    Kevin

AVF Regular
    welcome, kevin before you order, be aware that an ego-c is closer to the size of a cigar than a cig. if you want something closer to the size of a cig, you need a 510 battery or I believe the 808 is similar in size. and also, anything other than pre-filled cartridges (which I wouldn't really recommend to anyone) is going to take a little bit of fiddling around to fill. just so you know. good luck!

BigKev,
    I've been on the vape for about 5 months now and decided to stay away from the tobacco flavours, thinking that if I was going to stop smoking I may as well make vaping a completely different experience. I'm mainly into the sweet dessert favours and have to admit, my one gripe is that I haven't found anything that complements a nice red yet. The closest I've come was a free sample of a rum & raisin flavour that tasted like crap but for some reason really complimented a bottle of red... only hassle was I couldn't vape it any other time. Been thinking about maybe a cigar flavour would go well... So very interested to hear input from other red drinkers as to what goes well with a nice bottle...

What Kay says is correct. However, many people starting out begin by looking for something similar in size and function to a cig. Hell, I was adamant I wanted an auto cigalike, no bigger than a cig, and that would do me when I first started.

But as soon as I got the ego and clearo combo, I gave it a go and got used to it real quick. So I don't think that needs to be a big part of your deliberations Kev. It is handy info to be aware of though, for when you get your order. So you aren't suprised by the size. I personally wouldn't recommend any size battery less than 900mah. Though 650mah are smaller and will last a fair while too. One of these should last you most of a day, if not all of it, depending on how much you vape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast