Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Adding nic to 0mg juice

Fox

Adding nic to 0mg juice

Hey guys and gals, I'm back with another question. My nicotine arrived and I've mixed it with my doubler, it's not bad but I'd really like to add some nicotine to my 0mg juice I've got wasting away now. My favourite so far is the Joyetech Desert, I could vape that sucker all day. I have some 36mg nic, how would I work out what adding x amount would come out to? Like say if I added 3ml/4ml/5ml etc of the 36mg to my 0mg juice? I know it will dull the flavour but that's ok, realistically they will go to waste anyway so I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

I'm a dud with maths so I have no idea how much I would need to add to feel anything from it. I am currently vaping 18mg but find it a bit harsh to be honest, so I don't mind if its a low level of nic. Thanks to anyone who knows a way to work this out.

AVF Regular
    ejuucemeup calculator

AVF Regular

I like to use Filbert's calculator it has options for pg/vg nic, doublers,tipplers and concentrates
    I'm no good with math either so this helps alot I have made about 6 different recipes so far all came out great using 20% of the concentrates I use from vape king

AVF Regular
    Easiest way is to work out what nic strength you want

18mg would be 50% 0mg juice / 50% 36mg nic (eg to make 15ml it would be 7.5ml/7.5ml)

12mg would be 67% 0mg juice / 33% 36mg nic (15ml would be 10ml / 5ml 36mg)

6mg would be 83% 0mg juice / 17% 36mg nic (15ml would be 12.5ml / 2.5ml 36mg)
    Noe likes this.

Fox
    Ah yes, I wasn't sure how those calculators would work when I'm trying to add nicotine to a standard flavour base, but thanks to lheamfrg I can see it is rather simple. Any idea how much of the base I should aim to use to keep at least a bit of the flavour? It'll be for 30ml, will running it to 12mg kill most of the flavour? Wondering if I should aim low (maybe 6mg?) so it holds flavour reasonably well while still giving me that (albeit slight) hit we all crave.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Ah yes, I wasn't sure how those calculators would work when I'm trying to add nicotine to a standard flavour base, but thanks to lheamfrg I can see it is rather simple. Any idea how much of the base I should aim to use to keep at least a bit of the flavour? It'll be for 30ml, will running it to 12mg kill most of the flavour? Wondering if I should aim low (maybe 6mg?) so it holds flavour reasonably well while still giving me that (albeit slight) hit we all crave.
    Depends if they are single/double/triple flavours. Doublers are double strength flavours, triplers triple strength. I use doublers with 36mg nic to make 18mg juice and have the flavour taste the way it was intended.

If you have single flavours then the taste will be muted to a degree. Try a 6mg nic mix, that way you are only diluting your 0mg juice by 1/6. Try making up 6mls with 5ml 0mg / 1ml 36mg (or 3ml 2.5/.5) and see if that works for you

Just use the 0mg juice just like the doublers. ie: mix 50/50.

If you want a bit more flavour, add a few drops of a concentrate, either tobacco flavour of fruit flavour.

If 18mg is too strong, add some more of the 0mg juice.

I'm slowly using up all the 0mg juices I originally got.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    If 18mg/ml is a tad strong for your liking, then I would try 12mg/ml or 15mg/ml.

Using the single flavor juice you have & 36mg/ml unflavored nic to make 12mg/ml juice will dilute the flavor by 1/3, you should still be able to taste it at that level, although a bit weakish.
    So to make 30ml of juice you'd use 10ml unflavored nic & 20ml single flavored 0mg juice to come up with 12mg/ml weakish flavored juice.

If you want to try 15mg/ml juice, then use 12.5ml unflavored nic & 17.5ml single flavored juice. You won't notice much difference in taste, if any, between this & the 12mg/ml mix but the added nic may be beneficial for you.
    margyb likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Fox
    Thanks for the sound advice, I'll have a bit of a play

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast