Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Newbie - Starter Kit/Juices

Newbie - Starter Kit/Juices

Hi, looking to get into vaping.

Which starter kit/devices should I be getting, I like the idea of the pen style/portable for my lifestyle.
    Where should I source it? Overseas or local. Looking for good performance and long battery performance.

Was looking at Atmos,Trippy Stix, Gentleman's Brand Vape.

Where should I source the ejuices, local or O/S? Mt Baker any good?

If anyone can help me and get me into the right direction thanks.
    tally-ho and alegria like this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome,

There's lots of options, you have to get your nicotine from overseas but you can buy your hardware and flavours to add to the nicotine here in Aus, I recommend Vapeking. I started with an ego t kit that lasted me a good while.

Welcome arjay

I would suggest you read some of the posts where your questions have been answered. This one here Another Newbie Seeking Advice was recent, and covers most of what you need.

As FF says, you need to get nicotine from overseas. Everything else you can get here. MBV is great - I love them. Others will say they are gross-and they hate them. Taste is subjective - what you like, others won't, and vice versa. MBV juices can have a chemical taste that some people do not like. But I have never noticed it, and some of their flavours are awesome.

Go have a read through, and when you have some more specific questions about what you have read, come back and ask them. Another vendor, vaping cobra, sell kits at a reasonable price. You will find links to those and other vendors in the linked threads, or threads from them.

Good luck.

Cobra Kit A | Electronic Cigarette eGo-T Starter Kit

or

VapeKking TWISTAR KIT - 1000MAH
    VapeKing STAR KIT - 1000MAH

or
    overseas kits?

Which sites to get nic juices overseas? US/Europe?
    Last edited by arjay; 05-07-13 at 01:27 PM.

AVF Regular
    I wouldnt buy clones.

I'd go for the twistar, note they only have the 650mah battery's in stock so that kinda sucks.

For unflavoured nic go to healthcabin (china) or rts vapes (USA)
    Then buy your doublers/triplers/concentrates from Aus suppliers like vapeking or juicewhore

OR

Buy preflavoured juice from OS, my experience here is limited, can't recommend anything outstanding but I'm sure alegria will be along soon to help you...

There are some great starter kits here which already come with Premium e-Liquid E-Cig Kits

Or check out Indigo Vapor - Experience the Indigo Difference!

Both these vendors have flavor profiles that are not to light to be enjoyed by people who just quit cigarettes and both have good quality hardware at good prices and you can get both hardware and eliquids in one place so you don't have to pay postage twice.

Arjay, IMO, I would buy clones. Considering that nobody really can tell where originals end and clones begin in this industry, and the majority of "ego" batteries are all knockoffs anyway...the price differential definitely doe snot reflect the quality. Again, IMO.

Just for some perspective. I started vaping last Sept, and bought 2 joyetech batteries and one knock off. The joyetech has just died last week. The clone is still going fine.

I would suggest buying some premixed flavours from overseas. In a range of flavours and strengths, and maybe different brands, depending on the vendor. Some 12mg, some 18mg, some 24mg. This will allow you to try them out and see what flavours you like and what strength is right for you.

e-Liquid for Electronic Cigarette sell nic and a variety of premixed juices. Some say Chinese juices are arse, some like them. I like them. They sell Dekang, HC (their own brand) and Liqua, which are Italian. I would head there for your first order, as the juice is cheap and will allow you to experiment with flavours and strengths.

At the same time, and from the same vendor, I would also buy straight nicotine in around 75/25 or 80/20 PG/VG split. I would suggest buying 36mg strength. It can be cut with PG/VG, and also mixed with doublers from Aussie vendors here, so you don't have to wait for an overseas order to arrive. You mix equal parts of the doubler with the same amount of nicotine in double strength to what you vape, as the flavour is doubled in doublers, hence the name.

Also, with your flavours, get a variety across the types. So get some fruity, some tobacco, some sweets etc. Vaping flavours surprise a lot of people.

Hope this helps.
    Noe and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alegria View Post
    There are some great starter kits here which already come with Premium e-Liquid E-Cig Kits

Or check out Indigo Vapor - Experience the Indigo Difference!

Both these vendors have flavor profiles that are not to light to be enjoyed by people who just quit cigarettes and both have good quality hardware at good prices and you can get both hardware and eliquids in one place so you don't have to pay postage twice.

Whats the difference between
    Evic Kit and
    Ego Passthrough 1000mah Kit from FanceeJuice

What is the cobra a clone of?
    Last edited by arjay; 05-07-13 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    I wouldnt buy clones.

I'd go for the twistar, note they only have the 650mah battery's in stock so that kinda sucks.
    Just emailed tham and they said they will restock the 1000mahs tonight.

AVF Regular
    To confuse you further with another one stop shop Naked Vapour - Naked Vapour Shop whatever you order will be here within 3 days....they give free juice with starter kits.

Re clones the ones I've had have reduced dramatically in battery time over a short period, stuck buttons, buttons disappearing beyond the casing and then I gave up and got vision spinners. Had one almost 8 months and its still going strong. I gues ymmv.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast