Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ejuice Forum - Web Attack: Java CVE-2013-2423 RCE

AVF Regular

Ejuice Forum - Web Attack: Java CVE-2013-2423 RCE

Hey just a random event that occurred recently.

I was trying to access the Ejuice forum as that is where i started my vaping journey and there are good people on there.

I started finding my anti virus coming up with an alert every time i logged onto ejuice forum, telling me that it blocked an intrusion attempt leaving the message " Web Attack: Java CVE-2013-2423 RCE" as the path or whatever.

I ignored this at first thinking it must be some sort of mistake. But recently afterwards my software advised of a trojan on my computer and removed it.

I'm using norton, malware bytes with occasional mcafee spot checks, all three of which i used after finding the trojan.

Anyway as a test i logged back onto Ejuice forum twice to see what would happen. Both times as i pressed login my software blocked an intrusion attempt.

Not sure why this is happening (maybe i pissed someone off there) but thought it best to let others know in case something was going on. Needless to say i won't be using ejuice forum again. most of the people there use AVF anyway so i'll catch them on the flipside.

Sorry for the wanky message but it concerned me to get those messages, especially after specifically testing them and finding that each time i tried to login to ejuice they would come up. if other peoples' computers aren't as well protected i'd imagine they would want to learn about this. I would never have known if my software wasn't working.

I'm happy to delete this thread if someone can explain this away as some sort of user or java error. I can't understand the motive behind a forum attacking it's users, although Ejuice forum IS associated with a vendor.

AVF Regular
    I didnt even know they had their own forum
    I didnt get any messages when i logged in (have a mac)

AVF Regular
    yeah could just be me but thought i'd throw the warning out there...as i said i'm happy to be wrong with this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

not an absolute tech wizard but could it be that the site itself is not up to date? could perhaps be a Java exploit that hasn't been patched? could also be a browser issue, what browser are you using?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Don't even know what the ejuice forum is, I only use the AVF & sometimes ECF forums, i belong to some others which i may use a few times a year if someone posts here with something interesting going on there but I have never heard of the ejuice forum.

Anyone got a link to it?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Oracle said users should upgrade to the latest Java 7 version, Update 21, as soon as they can.

Read more: Mass attack hits patched Java flaw - Page 1 - Security
    or visit IT World Canada Information Technology news on products, services and issues for CIOs, IT managers and network admins for more Canadian IT News

AVF Regular
    thanks for the input guys. yeah my java updates automatically usually...i'm really hoping i'm wrong and no one else has been complaining about it so i probably am. They were good to me at that forum...not as extensive as this forum by any means but intimate enough.

just weirded me out when i tested it.

using ie8 recently updated version
    Last edited by Samtron; 09-07-13 at 02:32 AM.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Please do your self a favour IE is only good for one thing - downloading another browser
    TheDishD likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Please do your self a favour IE is only good for one thing - downloading another browser
    Oh Dear God Yes! Chrome or Waterfox each 'n everyday over IE!

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast