Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: My Journey into E-Cigs

AVF Regular
    My recent order from NicVape

Item : 500 ml of 100 mg/ml
    Details : Please select a base:: Propylene Glycol(PG)
    Item Price : $87.00
    Shipping Amount : $27.77

Hi All

I've just updated my "My Journey into E-Cigs" journal to Version 2. For those who have already read Version 1 my additional ramblings start on page 7 with My First Order.

Late news - Just checked my order tracking and FedEx have it somewhere in the US. Interestingly their estimated delivery is Friday. Oops, I won't be home yet! Hope Customs hold it up for a couple of days. It will be interesting to see what the difference is between their estimated and actual delivery date though.

Happy Vaping
    Kevin
    essiemessy and TheDishD like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Hi Noe

Thanks for the advice. I did look at Vapingzone but I'm afraid I couldn't get their prices to stack up. I had another quick look just to make sure but they still don't make it for me. This is what I found on 36mg nic in 100%PG.

Vapingzone's 250ml btle costs $39.99 (16cents/ml) with International Express postage at almost $50. Total $89.99
    Mt Baker's 236ml btle costs $29.99 (13cents/ml) with International Express postage at $54.35. Total $84.34

Not a big difference but on the delivery side Mt Baker offer (and recommend as the fastest for international deliveries) FedEx at an estimated cost of $24.41 so that brings down their total cost to $54.40 which is significantly cheaper if my calculations are correct. None of the other US suppliers I've looked at to date offer the FedEx option so far as I can see.

Anyway based on that I'll give Mt Baker a go and see what happens.

Regards
    Kevin
    Yep looks to be slightly cheaper for the 36mg/ml but if like most here, you want to get higher mg/ml unflavored I'd be looking at VZ again. Once you have your initial supply of nic, express shipping is not really a concern, with a little bit of forward planning & VZ has a good, cheap, non-express, shipping option.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Vaper View Post
    My recent order from NicVape

Item : 500 ml of 100 mg/ml
    Details : Please select a base:: Propylene Glycol(PG)
    Item Price : $87.00
    Shipping Amount : $27.77
    The same amount, at the same 100mg/ml, from VZ would have been much cheaper $64.95, without the 10% discount coupon & shipping cost would have been around the same @ $28.99.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Hey BigKev.... hope your orders go ok.. buying up large amounts might be difficult if you end up not liking the taste/vape.... I've always ordered small amounts when using a site the first time.... problem I've ended up with is I like this from there.. and that from there... and something else from another place.. rofl... It's a shame I cant combine them all from one place... save on postage costs.. good luck with vaping. Looking forward to 2nd instalment

Hi All

I've just updated my "My Journey into E-Cigs" journal to Version 3. For those who have already read Version 2 my additional ramblings start on page 11 with My Second Order.

Just checked my order tracking and FedEx have it somewhere between the US and Oz (in transit). Juicewhore are prepping and packing.

Happy Vaping
    Kevin
    TheDishD likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    The same amount, at the same 100mg/ml, from VZ would have been much cheaper $64.95, without the 10% discount coupon & shipping cost would have been around the same @ $28.99.
    Doh, didnt know about VZ they have a very good price.

Hi All

Just a quick update on my orders and it looks like the race is on.

Mt Baker via FedEx is currently in Singapore. Juicewhore has just been dispatched with Oz Post.

Hopefully I'll make it home before anything arrives.

Happy Vaping
    Kevin

Hi All

Another quick update.

Looks like FedEx is winning the race at this stage. Package arrived Perth about 4am this morning and is now in the "Import" phase which I think it might have just cleared. Being Friday I might just beat it home yet.

Oz Post seem to be dragging their feet at the moment as the Juicewhore package appears to be stuck in NSW. Tracking info has shown it as lodged there for the last 24hrs so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to West Oz.

Happy Vaping
    Kevin
    margyb likes this.

Hi All

Another quick update on travel arrangements.

Mine are all over and I am back home again. Waiting for my supplies to arrive!!!
    Fedex (Mt Baker) - No change, package is sitting either at Customs or Fedex over near the airport, so at least it is in the same state as me.
    Oz Post (Juicewhore) - Looks like they've caught up as this package is now shown as being in Wangara (just round the corner from me).

So now it's neck and neck and we will see what tomorrow (Monday) brings.

Happy Vaping
    Kevin
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    i'm sorry for the noob contribution...i noticed everyone is mentioning U.S. branded nic.

i started my journey purchasing from The store who shall not be named

1 litre of 48mg, in VG (pg is additional $8), is $20.39. postage was about $35 from memory.

is that off topic or am i missing something? probably cheaper due to lesser quality maybe?

Ok so the edit advised me that i'd done something wrong, and i know why now. Really appreciate your journal Kev as gives noobs like ourselves a great reference point. Good luck on your journey i'm looking forwarding to reading your next update.
    Last edited by Samtron; 15-07-13 at 05:43 PM. Reason: link to store who sells pure nic , dont wanna kill newbies

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast