Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hi Noob looking to buy a vape set and tanks Recomendations & help?

Hi Noob looking to buy a vape set and tanks Recomendations & help?

Hi All,

how is everyone?

ImNew and want to buy a vape kit,

I have alot of questions I'm sure would be easy for you guys to answer

I've decided on an EVIC since it has fairly positive review, however it seems like it does not come with a tank? Can some experienced vaper please recomend which tank to buy and what else do i neeD?

ie. a Evic startup set, 2x tanks, 4x drip tips etc?

Also any recomended sites, price competitve etc.

Is setting it up easy? just screwing on the tank to the evic body and droppin in liquids and start vaping?

Thanks guys

-Noob-

Hey! Fasttech apparently are cheap

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

AVF Regular
    The EVIC is a bit of an expensive bit of kit to start with XVaperX, if your looking for adjustable volts etc my .2 would be a Ego Twist starter kit, comes with batteries, tanks, chargers etc (but variable volts batteries are more for the Vaper that has a little bit of experience)
    here is one example: JuiceWhore Kits - JW Ego C Twist Kit - JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice
    there are many others and I am sure more Plume'rs (experienced Vapers) would be able to offer more advice

For great vendors just look in the main forum section near the bottom has a list of top vendors here and oversea's

BTW Welcome to AVF
    Last edited by TheDishD; 09-07-13 at 12:34 AM.
    lheamfrg likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome.

Tanks might be a bit complicated for a beginner, most people start with clearomisers I think. And how you get started depends on what gear you get.

Your questions are really broad and not easy to answer in a straight forward way, but I think the journal on this thread might help you narrow down your questions a bit because he outlines some really good research he did. My Journey into E-Cigs

Also, Youtube is amazingly helpful to get a visual idea of how it works. Just search 'vaping for beginners' or the like, and then you will probably have some more specific questions which will be easier to answer. Good luck.

As a starter, I'd recommend the following:
    2x Joyetech eGo Batteries (1000 or 650mah)
    2x Kanger EVOD OR
    2x Kanger ProTank
    1x USB charger
    You can get this setup for under $50 pretty easily.

The EVOD has a drip tip built in, so no worries there. The EVic is probably overkill for a beginner, and there are certainly better choices in terms of performance for cost. If you're really set on getting a mod battery, look at grabbing a Vamo as a starter. They're cheap and pretty feature-rich. Can I ask why you're set on the EVic?
    gtadmin and Mammoth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XVaperX View Post
    recommended sites
    Hey Mate. A good start is to buy hardware locally, for convenience, IE; issues, after-care, postage times etc. From my experience I can highly recommend JuiceWhore and VapeKing - both super friendly vendors with excellent products at competitive prices, but there are a bunch of great aussie vendors out there, here is a basic list (Google the names for their websites)

JuiceWhore
    VapeKing
    Vapingmad
    Vaping Cobra
    Ecig Life
    Vapebar
    Vapingmad
    Ecig Mod Shop
    Vaping Ace
    Gone Vape Sh!t
    South East Vapers

Plus a few more I am sure I am forgetting (I am sure someone will chime in shortly)

So yeah, buy hardware locally and buy your nic base/premixed juices from OS, from sites like Fasttech, HealthCabin, Mount Baker Vapor etc.

Little bit of a wait, but it is illegal to buy and sell nic in Australia, so this is the only option we have! Might be best for you to buy premixed juices from an OS vendor with your desired amount of nicotine in it to start with and look into mixing your own later on down the track.

Alternatively you could use a site like fasttech for a one stop shop so to speak, and get your hardware and juice all in one go - they have clearomisers/mods/batteries/pre-mixed juice with different nic strengths... but I would try and stay away from the cartos they sell, they are not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by XVaperX View Post
    Is setting it up easy? just screwing on the tank to the body and droppin in liquids
    I would recommend if you want to start with something relatively simple and user friendly go for an F16 carto tank and a box of cartos to fit (they come in 5 packs). You can buy short tanks and short cartos (35MM) or standard tanks and cartos (45MM) best to have a squiz around and see what some of the vendors have to offer. Then watch some youtube videos on priming cartos and filling tanks and you will be set.

Alternatively you can always go the clearomiser route, and grab a couple of EVOD's (more than one would be a good idea if you plan on using more than one flavour at a time, in rotation so to speak) or VIVI Novas, or a Kanger Protank, all of the above are super user friendly and hassle free when it comes to filling, cleaning etc.

am sure others will jump in with some more info for you, have fun and good luck!!!
    TheDishD likes this.

Oh, and I +1 what Trilla said - VAMO is the BEST value for money big battery mod out there mate. tough as nails, trusty, solid, user friendly, cant fault 'em in my opinion!!
    MrGruffy likes this.

eVic is an okay peice of kit, although theres plenty out there that are comparable and im sure some would argue better for cheaper price, I use SFA of the settings on mine I just set and vape which in all honesty I could do on pretty much any vv/vw device. what sets it apart for me is that I can charge with a simple micro usb - same as my mobile. and also Ego threading is a plus for some clearo's etc.

Attachments wise im using a Kanger Protank and it is quite possibly the best vape ive had then again I havent gotten fully into rebuildable stuff as of yet

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TRILLA View Post
    2x Kanger EVOD OR
    2x Kanger ProTank
    1x USB charger

The EVOD has a drip tip built in, so no worries there. The EVic is probably overkill for a beginner, and there are certainly better choices in terms of performance for cost. If you're really set on getting a mod battery, look at grabbing a Vamo as a starter. They're cheap and pretty feature-rich. Can I ask why you're set on the EVic?
    A very good setup ... just make it 2x USB chargers and add a 240V to USB adaptor. Don't forget to buy some nic juice either
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Quote Originally Posted by TRILLA View Post
    2x Kanger EVOD OR
    2x Kanger ProTank
    1x USB charger

Yep. this is exactly what i started with less than a month ago. My signature will tell you how many days it has been. feels like a lifetime ago already. i went with the Kanger ProTank instead of the EVOD (which i havent tried). super simple and works brilliantly. bought two more after the first day i used it. great beginners setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast