• 1 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 1 Post By juddyau
  • 1 Post By Jas
  • 1 Post By Scottyhooton
  • 2 Post By Sign me up

Thread: Back Again !! Got some questions

Back Again !! Got some questions

Hi all,

I quit smoking with ecigs for nearly 2 years about 4 years ago. I got some invaluable aid from these forums when I was starting up. Unfortuantely I went back to the darts. Good news, I've been cig free for about 4 months now. I used my left over supplies and was doing alright till they started going low. Not knowing what I wanted to try out I decided to just do a mass order of bits and pieces from juice whore. I've liked what I've purchased but I think I've done a few silly mistakes so I just need your help on a few questions I have.

1) Is the Provari still one of the best mods?

I was quite surprised when I first started looking at mods, etc to see that the Provari is still priced at about the same as it was when it was first released. Also considering that the plethora of other mods are priced substantially lower and so much time has passed, I would of presumed that something cheaper in the same form factor would be available with just as much usability.

2) Which back-up mod should I get?

I did purchase a mini-provari from vaping ace on the same day as I got my bits and pieces from JW. Its a lovely unit and I'm really liking it. The 18350 800mAh batts I got from JW last me about 12 hours which is just enough to get me through the double shifts I do. I was looking for an alternative cheaper mod with similar form factor (small being key). Is this New ! Swig VariVolt MOD [03-H-4] - $24.60 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail any good?

3) Which Ego batt should i get for a back-up?

I had a mixture of Ego/EgoT 900 mAh batteries (about 8.6 cm in height)when I started up 4 months ago. Me being me, I lost 4 of them and am down to my last two. Ego Twists are massive and won't fit in my pocket. My main requirement in a battery or mod is it fits in my pocket as my job has me moving from store to store and I don't have a places to recharge. The mini I purchased as it seemed (and does) fit in my pocket assembled. Whats got me confused however is what I remembered about Ego batts is they had a near constant voltage of 3.3 before they cutt off (a little variance). I have seen this posted elsewhere and also here: A simple wattage chart showing the relationship between voltage and resistance that it seems to be the case. But when I goto purchase a couple of batts for backup I see that they dont have a regulated voltage but one which drops as battery charge drops: Engraved eGo K 900mAh Battery. Where can I find the old regular 900 mAh batteries or am I just reading the info wrong and the batts have regulated voltage?

4) Kanger pro tank, is the resistance too low?

So from all the tanks I got from JW the Kanger Pro Tank looks the best so I obviously used that first (bright and shiny ^_^). However I got the 1.5 ohm replacement coils. On my ego batts I get instant burnt taste and on the provari when I run it at 2.9 it runs ok but they burnt out fast. I'm guessing that its too low so was wondering what minimum resistance I should be looking to get. Also is it a bad idea to be running such low resistance on either the provari or ego batts?

5) Very noob question. The iClear30 and mini vivi nova smoke great however I cannot for the life of me see a way of changing the coil on either without emptying the tank first. My net is shaped atm so I cann't see any utube clips, but if you could point me to some on how to change them without getting juice all over yourself it'd be quite appreciated.

6) Boge F16 tank, is it ok for the top filling material to be white?

So I've been using this tank for a few days nows (refilled it once). The top bit of the filler in the tank has gone white (after my intial drenching of it with juice) like it has no juice. It still vapes perfectly with no dry hits or anything. If i top the carto (not the tank) with juice it will be spongy for a while then goes back to being white. I'm happy with the vape but was just wondering if this was normal or not.

7) Whats the easiest dripping atty out atm?

I'm going to try some new juices and I don't have any atties for the job. If I recall corectly the 306 ( Joyetech Hardware - eGo and eGo-T Spares - eGo Atomisers - 306 LR Atomiser - Joyetech - JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice ) was very noob friendly even for me. Is this the best noob friendly atty or is their something else better (preferably from health cabin as I'm going to order from there)?

8) What else should I try out from Health Cabin?

From JW I also got : MT BCC, ego CC and a Kanger TS3 to still try out all with 1.8 ohm replacement coils. Should I be looking for higher resistance replacements for these? Atm health cabin has a great specials going on. As a reward to myself for going for 4months without cigs I'm going to go nuts at the store and I was wondering what other cartos, tanks or atties I should try out.

Its great to be cig free again. I just want to say thanks in advance to any help I get.

Dec.
    plugs4 and wannanonleakage like this.

Retired Account
    Hi Dec.. welcome back
    I have an Itaste MVP from $45.16 INNOKIN iTaste MVP 5-in-1 Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable 2600mAh Mechanical LCD Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / with iClear 16 atomizers at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Don't know how you feel about a smallish box mod with building (that's chinese for built in apparently) battery.
    It comes with a cable and a clearo. You can actually use the MVP to charge your mobile phone!
    Also at Fasttech, they have some cheap ego type batteries. (free shipping too)
    We got a few of the 1100 mAh ones, and they've been going well for several months... MrGruffy finds them the best for taking to work because of their size.. as a back up.
    We also bought some clearos from there, and they were pretty much rubbish.. wouldn't screw on properly and leaked. The clearo that comes with the MVP is pretty good though, as far as that style of clearo goes.
    I get a week out of the MVP between charges.. I'm seriously very happy with it for the money.

I have 2 provaris.. bought second hand.. love them to bits.. if nothing else because they are so very reliable and can withstand a fair bit of abuse.
    I very roughly hurled mine to the tile floor (an elbow event in the kitchen) which left the top cap sitting oddly, and I just smashed it a couple of times against the bench to put it back on properly. You can't go wrong with these things. They come up quite frequently second hand in the classies here.

Not so sure about your other questions... I'm sure others will be able to help you out more

Good luck!
    margyb likes this.

Super Moderator
    Agree about the provari. Mine's been going for ages, looks wrecked.. but the important thing is it does not vape like it's wrecked.. meanwhile back in the day the lavatube lasted all of 2 weeks.
    There's heaps out there these days, but I'm happy with the provari or an ego twist or the vision spinner for a smaller thing to carry about.

Oh, and boba's bounty is a helluva lot more popular than it was once upon a time and harder to get.
    Juzm likes this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Provari kills everything full stop!
    Juzm likes this.

Provari is the stick against which all others need to be measured
    Juzm likes this.

AVF Regular
    protank heads are the easiest to rebuild so choose your own resistance

Thanks Mrs Gruffy for the welcome. The innokin looks nice but with the square shape i dont think I'll be able to wrap my hands fully around it for a discrete vape in public. So by all acounts the provari is still number one (dully noted ). Now just to find out about the other stuff.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadent666 View Post

3) Which Ego batt should i get for a back-up?

I had a mixture of Ego/EgoT 900 mAh batteries (about 8.6 cm in height)when I started up 4 months ago. Me being me, I lost 4 of them and am down to my last two. Ego Twists are massive and won't fit in my pocket. My main requirement in a battery or mod is it fits in my pocket as my job has me moving from store to store and I don't have a places to recharge. The mini I purchased as it seemed (and does) fit in my pocket assembled. Whats got me confused however is what I remembered about Ego batts is they had a near constant voltage of 3.3 before they cutt off (a little variance). I have seen this posted elsewhere and also here: A simple wattage chart showing the relationship between voltage and resistance that it seems to be the case. But when I goto purchase a couple of batts for backup I see that they dont have a regulated voltage but one which drops as battery charge drops: Engraved eGo K 900mAh Battery. Where can I find the old regular 900 mAh batteries or am I just reading the info wrong and the batts have regulated voltage?
    I have a twist and regular ego for back up. On a carto tank, either one work fine. Go the regular ego if size is an issue.

5) Very noob question. The iClear30 and mini vivi nova smoke great however I cannot for the life of me see a way of changing the coil on either without emptying the tank first. My net is shaped atm so I cann't see any utube clips, but if you could point me to some on how to change them without getting juice all over yourself it'd be quite appreciated.
    You can, you just need to be careful as its awkward. Unscrew the top piece, then take the plastic grommit off the head. You can use a fingernail or some other object to unscrew the head, then pull it out and replace.

6) Boge F16 tank, is it ok for the top filling material to be white?

So I've been using this tank for a few days nows (refilled it once). The top bit of the filler in the tank has gone white (after my intial drenching of it with juice) like it has no juice. It still vapes perfectly with no dry hits or anything. If i top the carto (not the tank) with juice it will be spongy for a while then goes back to being white. I'm happy with the vape but was just wondering if this was normal or not.
    Nah thats fine mate. The important part down below should stay saturated. You can top it up if you want but i've found i never really need to, it doesnt make a difference.
    Samtron and TheDishD like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Thanks Sign-me-up that clears a bit up for me. If my gf is working this saturday I'll probably goto the sydney vape meet to get the rest of my questions answered.