Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: One cigarette a year, bad?

One cigarette a year, bad?

Don't want to put everyone's day down, but just wondering if 1 cigarette a year will do anything bad. I'm guessing no but just want to make sure.

While I was a smoker, every year I'd go out to my dads grave on his anniversary and have a drink/smoke as he was a drinker and smoker. This ritual has been going on for about 3-4 years and don't really want to stop it. So was wondering has anyone reverted back to smoking after have a cigarette or two, or if they'd noticed any negative side affects of it, I'm sure there'll be the smell, but I'm fine with that.
    gregds, RichoVonBlack and lheamfrg like this.

AVF Regular
    i can't see how one a year would do you any harm. but if it's worrying you, maybe you could just leave a smoke for your dad near the head stone or something. i'm sure he would understand if you didn't actually want to smoke it, but still wanted to keep the tradition going.
    Meeuwsy and TheDishD like this.

One cigarette in the past has always been enough to get me back into the habit. But since using ecigarettes I have occasionally lit up just out of curiosity with no problems. i don't have any desire or urge to smoike, I just do it out of curiosity.

As long as you have kicked the habit with vaping and no longer find yourself with an urge to smoke you should be fine. But everyone is different, so no guarantees.
    Meeuwsy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeuwsy View Post
    Don't want to put everyone's day down, but just wondering if 1 cigarette a year will do anything bad. I'm guessing no but just want to make sure.

While I was a smoker, every year I'd go out to my dads grave on his anniversary and have a drink/smoke as he was a drinker and smoker. This ritual has been going on for about 3-4 years and don't really want to stop it. So was wondering has anyone reverted back to smoking after have a cigarette or two, or if they'd noticed any negative side affects of it, I'm sure there'll be the smell, but I'm fine with that.
    Not for the reason you want to do it mate,
    lheamfrg, Jonnolane and Meeuwsy like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

The taste of cigarettes even after only a month of vaping will probably be revolting, but won't know till I try. Found out I forgot to empty out an ashtray about 2 weeks ago and when I smelt it, it's was disgusting. But ashtrays always seems to smell worse.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I think keeping the tradition going is something you need to decide for yourself, 1 cigarette per year is much better than 1 pack a day.
    Just be prepared to feel very green & sick afterwards, you may even throw up. I know other members here, even after 2 weeks of vaping, having tried a smoke, have thrown up.
    I don't think 1 smoke will make you want to return to smoking, on the contrary, it should confirm your decision to vape instead.
    Jonnolane and Meeuwsy like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I had a cigarette after vaping for a while and it tasted foul and made me feel sick.
    I don't think you should worry about going back to the smokes vaping is sooo much better.
    Just make sure if you do it that you buy a pack take your one cig out and throw the rest away, straight away so your not tempted.
    Juzm and Meeuwsy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Vaper View Post
    I had a cigarette after vaping for a while and it tasted foul and made me feel sick.
    I don't think you should worry about going back to the smokes vaping is sooo much better.
    Just make sure if you do it that you buy a pack take your one cig out and throw the rest away, straight away so your not tempted.
    Not even thinking of buying a pack if I'm only going take 2 or 3 out, going to scab it off a friend or something. I don't even want to buy a pack of cigarettes every in my life again.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I think keeping the tradition going is something you need to decide for yourself, 1 cigarette per year is much better than 1 pack a day.
    Just be prepared to feel very green & sick afterwards, you may even throw up. I know other members here, even after 2 weeks of vaping, having tried a smoke, have thrown up.
    I don't think 1 smoke will make you want to return to smoking, on the contrary, it should confirm your decision to vape instead.
    I was going to do it anyway, I was just seeing if anyone has reverted back to smoking before from 1 cigarette.

Mir
    I still have one every now and then, mostly when I head out. About 1 cig every fortnight or so. I don't think its hurting me too much, but every time I have one, I feel like throwing up afterwards and haven't considered grabbing another pack. You're most likely safe, especially for the reasons you posted

AVF Regular
    I gave away 6 X 50gram packs of Drum about three months after starting vaping,
    I kept one 3/4 full packet in my fileing cabinet.

I started vaping 10th / June over three years ago.
    Can't be bothered working out what year?
    On the 10th of June one year later, I rolled & smoked one ciggie as a celebration, must admit it didn't taste too bad.
    next year, same date, done the same.
    this year, on the same date, the third year, I didn't.
    I may get around to it soon?

Knowing I may roll & smoke a ciggie once a year does not worry me. I just don't feel like smoking.
    That 3/4 of a packet of Drum may just last me till the end of my life.
    Meeuwsy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast